Spooks Forum
Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 rumours - possible spoilers...... (/thread-432.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Nitrus - 20-01-2010 03:19 PM

Anyway.....

Even though the Guardian & Kudos are rubbing shoulders at the local gents club, the BBC haven't confirmed it, and until such a time, Series 9 doesn't exist. Tongue

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Haziepops - 20-01-2010 04:07 PM

Hope Series 9 DOES exist Confused

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - nothingisasitseems - 20-01-2010 06:28 PM

This article sounds quite authentic but at least it would seem Season 9 is almost 100%.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - femaleBertieWooster - 20-01-2010 07:58 PM

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Lovingthespy - 20-01-2010 08:05 PM

Good news, it seems. Yet, it seems I'll be looking for a lot of new shows to replace the ones I watch that are leaving after this year. I hate that budget cuts have reduced Dr. Who and Torchwood to 5 or 6 episodes, it is depressing. Hopefully, Spooks isn't forced to reduce the number of episodes.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - almh - 21-01-2010 05:26 PM

I thought Doctor Who was back on 13 episodes now, and Torchwood with a full series? Last year was a one-off for both, I think.

Anyway, it's really annoying that they're looking for more one-off dramas - Spooks definitely has the spy genre covered, and is pretty much the only tv show that shows people whose jobs it is to protect ours, without showing an alien in it. I am a massive sci-fi fan, but still, I appreciate the relative normalcy of Spooks. It's not as boring or as unbelievable as a soap (apologies to soap fans) but equally it's not too serious. It's a drama about a world that most people never hear about, and it's just... Sorry, I will end my rant now.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Kirayuki - 21-01-2010 11:20 PM

Doctor who is back to 13 episodes in 2010 and Torchwood series 4 will be a full length series like the first two were again. Last years were one off's as Doctor Who couldn't get a whole new series out of David Tennant and Russel.T.Davies now that they are both leaving. The specials made it easier for the switch-over to happen smoothly.

Anyway, back on topic...

Spooks really is an individual show that stands on it's own amongst other BBC TV. I understand their want to axe a few shows but Spooks is not likely to be one of them due to it's high ratings. The BBC are actually capable of some high quality telly and so if they remove some of the junk to make way for the good then i don't mind but i doubt they'd axe their highest viewing shows for a new one.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - HellsBells - 22-01-2010 02:44 PM

(21-01-2010 11:20 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  The BBC are actually capable of some high quality telly and so if they remove some of the junk to make way for the good then i don't mind but i doubt they'd axe their highest viewing shows for a new one.

I think this depends on the cost (like most things). I always had the feeling that Spooks is quite costly to make with a lot of outside filming and stunts etc.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - Tea Lady - 22-01-2010 02:52 PM

From reading the book Spooks Behind The Scenes, it would appear they have always had budget problems. One of the reasons they shot the
Series 2 Spoiler: show
EERIE (2.5) episode was to save money. It said in the book though that it did backfire a little as the cast all wanted to kill each other after a month of being stuck together on the Grid.
I think it is an expensive series but the BBC must get it back in international sales and DVDs etc.

RE: Series 9 rumour - possible spoiler...... - JHyde - 22-01-2010 02:58 PM

From what we've heard about series 8, the morale of the cast and crew was running pretty low over the two months or so they shot due to a really crummy production schedule. They have to do something about that - hopefully when contracts are renegotiated, that can be addressed.

Anyway, I know it's hard in this thread, but we really are drifting again from the topic. Please only post stuff specifically related to the announcement and any articles/tweets/rumours published or heard about.