Spooks Forum
Episode 7 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 7 Discussion (/thread-458.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - almh - 13-12-2009 02:21 PM

Something I forgot to mention earlier, but there is a really cool shot of London somewhere in the episode. Can't remember exactly where, but I will look later (when I've done my homework!) to post it up here. I just remember thinking when I watched it that it was a beautiful shot.

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - JHyde - 13-12-2009 02:23 PM

There were some gorgeous ones in this episode. One of the things I love about the show is seeing London's sights. Not that they can ever do anything to major tourist destinations or they'd get in serious trouble.

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - almh - 13-12-2009 02:25 PM

They blew up part of the Thames Barrier, and had an explosion on Parliament square...

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - Tea Lady - 13-12-2009 05:52 PM

Im late posting for this episode again so most has already been said so I wont repeat. I did enjoy this episode (even if my parents talked over most of it !!) and the series is really going at a pace now. I have already put some comments on the H/R thread but I dont agree that Harry was suddenly being very overt about his feelings for Ruth. He only went over to her because (I assume) Ros told him Ruth was upset. I wouldnt say it was a declaration of love or aything like that because he did it in the middle of the office, probably being overheard. His voice was also quite strong. I felt he was being the kind boss when he spoke to Ruth, knowing what she had been through with George and innocents getting hurt in the cross fire.

If Harry had said those words to Ruth in his office with the door closed then I would agree with Almh. Harry in my opinion is still keeping a lid on his feelings in the office, and you can see that it is starting to eat away at him. This whole Nightingale thing seems to be taking up all their time (and the script writers) and there is not much time for H/R, and time is running out for series 8.

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - lwhite53 - 13-12-2009 08:31 PM

(13-12-2009 12:30 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I've remembered where I've seen the actor that plays the new HS before - he was in Rome, played Brutus if I remember correctly.

Anyhoo, back to the episode - I can fully understand Harry's mistrust of the new HS, seeing as he got the position because his predecessor was framed, but in light of the preview for 8.8 I wonder if him not telling the HS the truth might contribute to the HS finding himself in danger... Based on what we saw in 8.7 I would say that it seems likely that the new HS is part of Nightingale, but perhaps this is a double bluff?

I think the new HS is a member of Nightingale because of the way he looked at Harry and Ros after H told him that all their evidence pointed to Dhillon having worked alone. He gave them both a long, careful look as if trying to discern if they knew anything more than they were saying.

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - femaleBertieWooster - 13-12-2009 08:51 PM

(13-12-2009 02:23 PM)JHyde Wrote:  There were some gorgeous ones in this episode. One of the things I love about the show is seeing London's sights. Not that they can ever do anything to major tourist destinations or they'd get in serious trouble.

I agree JHyde and almh, several times during the episode I thought, London is looking beautiful.

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 13-12-2009 10:58 PM

Loved it also!
The scene in the institute, with Ashok, Dyllon and Lucas really got to me. From the moment I saw all the girls screaming, the men pointing guns at them, the total rejection in Ashok face at what he knew would happen, Lucas telling Harry he would go 'I gave him my word Harry' (Heart), so much hate in Dyllon directed towards the girl, it was all too powerful, my eyes had tears forming and again when I watched it for a 2nd time yesterday. Blush

The young actor was wonderful as you have said, I thought Dyllon did pretty good in that last scene.

I agree Ros is becoming very creative to find ways to convince people. I wouldn't want to have any information she needs Rolleyes

I expected Dyllon to light himself also, I was preparing myself mentally for that, surprised me he didn't in a good way though, I liked that Ashok could save him, after all Dyllon was also played. (I'm a softie I know, that's why I don't usually watch drama tv shows but there's no way you won't love Spooks).

Quote:He gave them both a long, careful look as if trying to discern if they knew anything more than they were saying.

Yeah, that scene made me distrust him too.

I'm glad you all also noticed him being too young. Everytime he appeared I had trouble seeing him as the HS. He might even be younger than Lucas or Ros Undecided

I liked Lucas saying 'Got ya' ', encouraged me to believe he's getting over C 2.0 in spite of his conversation with Ros, where his 'I'm alright' expression couldn't help saying he's still a little bit affected.

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - Maggie - 13-12-2009 11:26 PM

JHyde Wrote:
*I want to start a drinking game involving Harry and the line "Get me the Home Secretary."

Missed repartee between Harry and the previous HS - dodgy ones.

When I grow up, I'd like to find a job like Pierce's or HS'. I can drink on the job during office hours. No chance of that with the new HS. He has an exercise bike in his office for heavens sake! Or may that was a bike and he bikes to work.

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - penfold - 13-12-2009 11:29 PM

It was a bike bike.
A Brompton, I'm told, by a friend who has one!

RE: Episode 7 Discussion - femaleBertieWooster - 14-12-2009 12:02 AM

(13-12-2009 10:58 PM)LucasNorthFan Wrote:  I expected Dyllon to light himself also, I was preparing myself mentally for that, surprised me he didn't in a good way though, I liked that Ashok could save him, after all Dyllon was also played. (I'm a softie I know, that's why I don't usually watch drama tv shows but there's no way you won't love Spooks).

I don't think I thought that; didn't have time to speculate or just didn't get the impression.

I think that Dyllon was too invested in his cause. The original one, once he got more information, he saw as wrong and abandoned the plan. If he were truly bad and wanting to push just a terrorist agenda, he might have killed himself then, when he saw the jig was up.

With more insight, his cause is now changed and he would still have his whole life invested in it and now could be a leader helping to set things right and keep brother from killing brother.

A bit awkward but you know what I mean, I trust.