Spooks Forum
Favorite Episode? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 4 (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite Episode? (/thread-53.html)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite Episode? - Nitrus - 09-08-2009 09:07 AM

What was your favorite episode of Series 4, and why?

Mine would have to be either The Book, or Divided They Fall (the british way one).

I loved the book because it had the conspiracy edge to it, and it was the introduction of Jo, which was done very well. It showed a non-spooks perception of what was going on.

I loved Divided They Fall, because they were trying to bring down the party from the inside, and it was done very well. The episode felt like it could really happen, or perhaps it already has happened. lol.

So what's your favorite episode from Series 4?

RE: Favorite Episode? - Silktie - 13-08-2009 04:55 PM

I also loved The Book.

My absolute favourite is 4.9 though, with Harry's suspension. I just love the way he manages to still meet with his team despite the surveilance on him. And who can resist Harry watching day-time television quiz shows with his fluffy dog and ridiculing the contestants?

RE: Favorite Episode? - bertowud - 13-08-2009 06:25 PM

(13-08-2009 04:55 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I also loved The Book.

My absolute favourite is 4.9 though, with Harry's suspension. I just love the way he manages to still meet with his team despite the surveilance on him. And who can resist Harry watching day-time television quiz shows with his fluffy dog and ridiculing the contestants?

It's akin to how you would think intelligence operatives would sometimes have to work to get their jobs done. It's almost like subagencies within agencies.

RE: Favorite Episode? - almh - 23-08-2009 08:12 PM

I loved most of the episodes in series 4 but my favourite has to be the finale with Angela Wells. They were 'fighting' someone who was one of them, was every bit as good of them if not better, and the actress who played her was amazing at just flicking the switch and being totally in control of the situation.

RE: Favorite Episode? - The Count - 06-10-2009 11:31 PM

Also liked 4.10 especially cos you got through the whole hostage situation, everything was sorted and back to normal and then there were another 10 minutes or so that pulled you right back in and left the cliffhanger.

RE: Favorite Episode? - almh - 07-10-2009 04:10 PM

Definitely - the double cliff-hanger was good Smile

RE: Favorite Episode? - pokojztoba - 19-10-2009 08:52 AM

well, in my opinion series four as a whole is probably the best series of them all. there are many brilliant episodes. it is hard to pick one, because the whole series is just at such a high level. 'The road trip' has just a brilliant twist at the end. 'Diana' is also brilliant because there are just such theories as if the security services did kill diana. 'Divided they fall' is psychologically also very well build up... 'Syria' plays very well ith the time aspect (going back, giving the info at the right time to build up tension) this series is one that every episode, you can keep on watching for ages

RE: Favorite Episode? - sam b - 24-10-2009 09:18 PM

Yes I agree with pokojztoba series four was brilliant each I really enjoyed each epi

RE: Favorite Episode? - JHyde - 27-10-2009 01:08 PM

I agree - Season 4 is the strongest. every episode is individual, and all characters get great storylines over the season.

I also love the guest stars of season 4. Martine McCutcheon, Lindsay Duncan and the gentleman who played Youhzni (I tried finding the actor's name but gave up after 5 mins.)

I also love the locations - Paternoster Square has rarely looked so beautiful as in The Sting.
Spoiler: show
And I wonder if the idea for the season 5 finale came from the scene with Harry and the CIA guy casually chatting about death and destruction immediately in front of the Thames estuary.
The set up for Diana is great, it feels like a play, so that it doesn't matter you stay in the same place for the bulk of the episode..And every character gets good work in that episode. They all get good moments.

RE: Favorite Episode? - Adam Carter - 04-11-2009 02:42 AM

Without question, "Diana". I couldn't breathe through most of that episode.