Spooks Forum
DVD Release - Australia - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: DVD Release - Australia (/thread-566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: DVD Release - Australia - JHyde - 25-05-2010 01:35 AM

Good news all Australian members! I had an email from Aunty today telling me that the rights to season 8 have been purchased but that scheduling hasn't been finalised.

So we shouldn't be more than a couple of months from airing. Huzzah!

RE: DVD Release - Australia - Fidget - 25-05-2010 06:51 AM

And about time

RE: DVD Release - Australia - BoHenley - 25-05-2010 11:38 AM

Fantastic news, JHyde! Thanks! Now we get to watch RA just in socks...I mean, we get to watch the intricate plots and twists of Spooks that we love so much. Although I confess I'm not looking forward to seeing Sarah Caulfield...
Hooray for Aunty ABC. Yahoo

RE: DVD Release - Australia - Tea Lady - 25-05-2010 12:19 PM

Just out of interest do you guys get the full un-cut version?

RE: DVD Release - Australia - Fidget - 26-05-2010 01:26 AM

NO we don't unfortunately. even the DVD's we get here aren't the same as in the UK

RE: DVD Release - Australia - JHyde - 26-05-2010 09:23 AM

Not all of them, no. We have some DVDs with features but not all the audio commentaries - for example season 4. Then there are others where we have everything you guys have, but they're only seasons 1 and 2.

Fidget, my episodes aren't un-cut on any of my DVDs. I definitely have the full version that screens on British TV.

Tea Lady, I'm pretty sure they aren't trimmed when aired on ABC1. On the first run through, I'm almost positive that season 7 ran as it would have run on BBC1. At least the three episodes I watched on the box.

RE: DVD Release - Australia - spooksdreamer - 28-05-2010 07:37 AM

(25-05-2010 01:35 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Good news all Australian members! I had an email from Aunty today telling me that the rights to season 8 have been purchased but that scheduling hasn't been finalised.

So we shouldn't be more than a couple of months from airing. Huzzah!

Ah! Fantastic news! Yahoo

RE: DVD Release - Australia - Margaret - 28-05-2010 01:23 PM

Nice one. Thank you for letting us know.

RE: DVD Release - Australia - spooksdreamer - 30-05-2010 12:06 AM

Yeah, I know.. I can't wait.

RE: DVD Release - Australia - JHyde - 31-05-2010 11:02 AM

Just to clear this up: the ABC does not run edited versions of the episodes, or at least it hasn't done to date. I've checked my old tapes this week and played them through.

Nor do the Region 4 DVDs have edited versions of episodes on them.

The only difference between them is that we miss out on extras, which is annoying but liveable.

Just in case anyone was worried they wouldn't get the full version if they bought Region 4 DVDs.