Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? (/thread-58.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Favorite Quotes? - Haziepops - 06-11-2009 05:28 PM

(06-11-2009 05:06 PM)almh Wrote:  Silktie, that is one of the sweetest lines in the entire episode (not including Malcolm's lines.)

I rewatched S7E8 recently, and I loved the bit
Spoiler: show
between Malcolm/Jo which goes something like this, but I haven't got it word for word.

Jo: Is there anyone you want to call Malcolm?
Malcolm: Mum'll be watching television, waiting for countdown. I don't want to interrupt her.

That was a definite awww moment

I watched that episode on Tuesday and I love that quote! Heart

RE: Favorite Quotes? - Elisaveta - 06-11-2009 06:18 PM

(12-08-2009 12:09 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Harry Pearce: "...and am I going to understand the next bit?"
Malcolm Wynn-Jones: "It was a low-power beam at 532 nanometers, a pulse of half a nanosecond."
Harry Pearce: "I say again..."

*snorts with laughter*
(19-08-2009 12:39 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Harry: "It seems we're going to have to grit our teeth and bear the presence of some cousins from Grosvenor Square, who will bring their usual arrogance and overbearing..." [the Americans walk in] "...willingness to share their expertise on this subject."

HARRY: “Part of the reason for all this trouble stems from the fact that most Americans believe anywhere East of the Hudson is like those blank spaces on medieval maps, where they drew in a monster and wrote ‘Here Be Dragons.’”

Oh Harry - you are wonderful!!!!!Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - Haziepops - 06-11-2009 10:55 PM

Someone to Ros: Are you my guardian angel or something?
Ros: That’d be the something.

Adam:We’ve got 15 minutes.
Ros: It’ll take more like 20.
Adam: We don’t have 20.
Ros: I can’t make it fly.

Kachimov: You are Rangefinder no? The British asset in Moscow. I ordered your execution.
Ros: Well silly old you.

Harry: I have not been authorised to target the Russian operation in London.
Jo(?)Confusedo what do we do?
Harry: Target the Russian operation in London.

Ros: I sold my house, given that I was inconveniently dead.

Ros: So I’ll ask you again, because I was brought up to be polite, because I’m in a good mood, what is Russia planning?

Harry (?): "Be nice to your enemies in case your friends turn out to be bastards"

Can't remember who said this: "In this job, we don't get to deal with nice guys"

Ros: "I'm not Greek and I'm not dead."

Kachimov: Tell him , eat broccoli.
Harry: I think he’s suffered enough.

Harry: And is this the first time you’ve manipulated the will of Her Majesty the Queen?
Adam: Probably.

Ros: They’re awfully tenacious bless them I think they want to give me a polonium suppository.

Ros: Connie, I’m getting so bored leading these Russians round by the nose. I’m half tempted to get out and kill them just to get it over with.

Ros: Follow me again, I’ll get really annoyed.

Ros: Then I think Mr Kachimov should be made to feel some of our pain.

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - JHyde - 07-11-2009 12:19 AM

It wasn't Harry with the "love your enemies in case your friends turn out to be bastards, although he does repeat it to the Home Sec later on. It was originally Malcolm's utterance which he credits to his aunt. But it isn't his or hers either. It's R A Dickson.

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - sam b - 07-11-2009 09:26 PM

my favourate quote Is from Series 6,8 The team finding out that ros was a double agent
Ros "Can I sit down"?
Harry "No! you are going to tell me everything or do I need to itemoize the consequences"
or Series 7,3 Home secretary to Ros "Which part of Harry did they clone you from" Fantastic!!!!!

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - almh - 08-11-2009 12:38 PM

Love this one in 8.2:

Series 8 Spoiler: show

That journalist guy whose name I've forgotten: We'll talk over there, if you don't mind.
Lucas: Alright. Watch out for snipers.

TJGWNIF: I shall be posting this conversation on my blog.

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - JHyde - 08-11-2009 12:49 PM

I know.
Spoiler: show
Lucas was sooooo messing with him at that point, although there was a nasty irony there later.

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - almh - 08-11-2009 12:51 PM

True, true. Poor guy. Not really actually, he was a bit of an idiot.

Another good quote from 8.2:

Series 8 Spoiler: show
Usarov: Don't you worry about the Russians.

Listen to how he says it - it cracks me up every time.

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - Silktie - 08-11-2009 12:56 PM

Yeah, didn't he see The Matrix? When your computer tells you to do something - OBEY IMMEDIATELY!

RE: [spoilers] Favorite Quotes? - Nitrus - 08-11-2009 03:32 PM

The journalist guy is Matthew Plowden.