Spooks Forum
Exams/Revision Whinging - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Exams/Revision Whinging (/thread-588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - almh - 19-01-2010 05:43 PM

They're always awful with results. Don't really know why it takes them so long (ok, I get why the summer ones take one/two months, but January? Didn't think it was that popular, people do more exams in the summer).

Awww, I'm sure you'll have all done/will do fine Thhug

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 05:45 PM

The people who mark the exams are teachers usually. So it follows that they have more time in the summer than during term time in Jan/Feb/March.

That's why a smaller volume of exam papers take roughly the same time to mark during Jan/Feb/March than in the summer.

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - YourFutureMuse - 19-01-2010 05:48 PM

Ah that makes sense I suppose lol Smile Good thinking... I still hate the silly exam boards though Tongue

But I have the same amount of exams now than I will in June (aside from resits of course aha). TBH I'd sooner have them all in June- all the stress in one go.. but then again at least I'll get a (much needed) second chance on these ones Confused

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - almh - 19-01-2010 05:51 PM

I've got all mine in June but it's only 11 exams this time, so I'm not too fussed. Besides, I now have all the time until then to revise... As soon as I get off Spooks Forum Tongue

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 05:54 PM

*reaches for big red ban button* lol.

I'm serious, I really don't want you guys to reduce your chances of a good grade because of the forum.

Anyway, I preferred having Jan exams, it got them out of the way, while a lot of the content was relatively fresh in my mind. Yeh, xmas sucked more, but it was better than worrying about something you learned 6 months ago in June.

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - YourFutureMuse - 19-01-2010 06:08 PM

nooo not the big red ban button! lol Tongue

Oh I see, I was supposed to be revising at Christmas... I see now where I am going wrong lol Confused Tongue

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - Beatriz - 19-01-2010 06:14 PM

In my case if it's not the forum is one facebook game so... Shy

I prefer that too, Nitrus. Here, at university we have exams on February, (perhaps I've said this before) I studied in Pamplona so I came home for holidays with all my notes and came back to Pamplona with them without even read them Confused. So January was a very stressful month, locked in at home Tongue

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - almh - 19-01-2010 06:22 PM

Nitrus, you stay away from the big red button!! Spooksforum is good for relaxing when you're not revising though! Big Grin

I do better in exams that I think I'm going to fail though. And if I think I'll pass with high marks I tend to do badly (except in Maths). So the additional stress is good for me. I had a Geography mock today, and I was so annoyed because I hadn't had any time to revise the previous night, but I managed to get a bit done on the train/in maths (don't worry about me missing maths, I had already finished the work... again. When some members of the class hadn't started it. Irritating...) and then she didn't even test me on that bit Angry although in hindsight I shouldn't have focussed on those sections as she had given us a mini test on them previously...

Revision is so boring Sad I am actually going to do some revision now (as soon as I've posted my SfaY entry) so I am doing work Nitrus Tongue

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - YourFutureMuse - 19-01-2010 06:35 PM

My problem is focusing Sad I have had my bio textbook out on the table for hours now but I just stare at it and know that my brain is not absorbing any of it :/ And now I am stressed so overthinking and confusing myself on the simple things Angry

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 06:36 PM

What level of biology are you doing?