Spooks Forum
Exams/Revision Whinging - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Exams/Revision Whinging (/thread-588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - almh - 01-06-2010 07:39 AM

(01-06-2010 01:32 AM)Kirayuki Wrote:  On that note however i finished my exams on Weds for this year so i am hoping to be around a bit more rather than forum dead... we shall see how my time goes. Smile Will be nice to see you all again!

Lucky! My exams have got split over half term, so my last one is the 15th, the day after study leave ends. Evil evil evil examiners. My friend made me feel a load better though because she's in the year below and doing GCSEs, and she's still got 14 exams to go, whereas I only have 3. Smile

Is anyone else in this thread doing ASs?

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - YourFutureMuse - 01-06-2010 06:26 PM

(01-06-2010 01:32 AM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I decided to study 17th Century history to avoid that... did a year of the more modern history course and got irritated at the fact we were so close to now in the years. (Within 100 years).

On that note however i finished my exams on Weds for this year so i am hoping to be around a bit more rather than forum dead... we shall see how my time goes. Smile Will be nice to see you all again!

YFM... yay! New avatar looks good! Big Grin

Yay well done, we have missed you!

I am of course jealous as I still have all four to go :/ However it doesn't seem to affect my forum usage that much haha. Perhaps something that's got to change Tongue

I cannot revise history, my mind goes to sleep... bah dates I hate dates! And I had a mock essay in which I answered a question about revolution and reform in Russia and sorta kinda forgot to mention Lenin Confused Haha ooopsidaisy!
My first two exams are bio and history on the 16th, so I got a while yet (at least thats what I keep trying to reassure myself haha), Bit annoyed that they are on the same day.. and my two weakest subjects but hey.
I am going up to Darlington on Thurs and in that car journey I am planning to read my whole history textbook - at least in the car they'll be no distractions or escape Tongue

anyway, good luck with all your exams guys - but I have noticed you are all a bright lot of spookies so you shall all do brilliantly Tongue

And think of the long (dare I say hot, very optimistically Tongue ) summer that awaits us!!! Big Grin

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - glinda101 - 09-06-2010 05:01 PM

I'm in the middle of taking all of my GCSE's great...not
Some of them are really hard...why did I take French AND Spanish... I must be completely crazy.
Need good results in Science to have my dream career. Getting really worried about what results I will get. Whoever created the first exam should have rotten tomatoes thrown at them. Haha

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - almh - 09-06-2010 05:40 PM

I know how you feel - I did French and German GCSE, which ended up driving me crazy. (I now do neither language, which I am incredibly grateful. I don't think I could cope with the stress of language exams again).

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - Beatriz - 09-06-2010 08:57 PM

glinda101 if you have any questions I can help you with Spanish Smile

I have an English exam next week, the Advanced level from Cambridge Confused

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - JHyde - 10-06-2010 04:20 AM

Doing two languages is incredibly difficult, I'm sympathetic. My first year of university I did Advanced Latin and Italian and it was terribly, terribly hard. Especially given that I was working an awful lot.

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - YourFutureMuse - 10-06-2010 05:29 PM

I have been avoiding the internet successfully for two days now but I have since lapsed haha Sad My first exam isn't til the 16th, I wish it was over - study leave drives me crazy!! And stressed Tongue On that note I must go and apologise to my father for calling him a ***** as he got in the door from work. I blame the alevels Tongue

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - glinda101 - 12-06-2010 07:08 PM

Thanks Beatriz. I took my spanish exam on Thursday...it wasnt too bad actually.
And thanks everyone i can now see that im not the only complete lunatic doing more than one language. I havent decided whether or not to continue these languages. Might try some others. Really want to learn Italian and Mandarin.

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - YourFutureMuse - 14-06-2010 04:01 PM

Argh Wednesday will be the worst day of my life ever!Have biology for 2 hrs in the morning and 2hrs Russian History in afternoon Angry It annoys me because all my exams are spread out ridiculously and yet I have two on the same day! And the two hardest ones as well that I will inevitably fail :/

Also hate OCR exam board which both are with - I know the question papers will consist of nothing on the specification rendering all work this year pointless and me with bad grades Sad
It was the same last year but I didn't mind cos I could resit but these are the final ones so no secons chances Sad An example is my history paper last year contained the q how did the labour party develop during the first world war, which would have been fine except for the fact our course was british politics from 1918-51. Hmm something off there hahah.

Rant over Smile .... well, for now hahha

RE: Exams/Revision Whinging - Nia M - 14-06-2010 10:42 PM

I only have one more to go (Further Pure 1 - for Further Maths), but it just so happens that as I only took that A-Level on in February, and had 2 courses to teach myself, I'm actually only learning it for the first time around at the moment.

My exam is next Tuesday.

ARGH!!!!!!