Spooks Forum
Met anyone famous? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Met anyone famous? (/thread-632.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Met anyone famous? - JHyde - 24-04-2010 03:30 AM

(19-04-2010 03:52 AM)bertowud Wrote:  Jhokur, you might appreciate this, I've met Warren Ellis (the writer not the musician) twice now.

He's cool. But you know that Warren Ellis the muso is cooler.

RE: Met anyone famous? - picard1109 - 24-04-2010 06:51 PM

I've met:
Clint Eastwood (during my first job at a film distribution company in London; he was casting "Firefox" in our building; he was very shy and understated but lit up the room)
David Suchet (got very drunk in the bar of the Hampstead Theatre after seeing a play he was in, with DS holding court and telling very funny stories - a lovely, lovely man)
Patrick Stewart (at a post-show reception in Huddersfield...and I still AM a Trekker!)
Michael Winner (yes, he really is as big a creep as he appears to be!!!)
Jasper Fforde (author...very nice bloke and used to work in film industry with my husband, Bill)
Ken Follett (author...also a very nice bloke...and married to my (current) MP)
Michael Cashman (former actor; now an MEP...and a very nice guy. Drove him home from a campaign event to his flat in Rotherhithe)
Lots of Labour politicians, including Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, Neil Kinnock, etc etc.; I used to work for Mo Mowlam MP (a bitch on wheels...but that's another story)
Antonio Banderas...kind of...nodded 'hi' to him when I visited Bill on the location of a movie Banderas directed in Malaga, Spain and he smiled back. A friend offered to introduce me but I couldn't think of anything I wanted to say to him.)

According to my friend Sandi, apparently I pushed Kevin Spacey out of the way to get to the toilet at the Old Vic after a performance (Kev's, not mine!). The story gets worse every time she tells it - next time, I'll have rugby-tackled him and got him in a half-Nelson! She's exaggerating, of course - I may have brushed past him...

RE: Met anyone famous? - Aria - 24-04-2010 10:15 PM

Wow, you have met a lot of famous people, Picard1109. I am especially green with envy about David Suchet and Clint Eastwood, I am a big fan.

RE: Met anyone famous? - picard1109 - 24-04-2010 10:26 PM

I saw David Suchet on the Tube one evening, too. Actually, I HEARD him before I saw him - there was someone standing in the way but his voice is unmistakable.

He got out at Oxford Circus, which also happens to be my stop, so I just had to shake his hand and thank him for his work. I've been a fan of his since I was 17 (saw him in The Tempest at the RSC and was smitten). Turned out he was in a play at Kev's Gaff (or the Old Vic, as it's also known), which also starred Richard Dreyfuss (also one of my favourite actors) and was directed by Our Kev. The play was pants but DS was really good.

RE: Met anyone famous? - Aria - 24-04-2010 10:33 PM

Turning even greener Tongue

RE: Met anyone famous? - bertowud - 25-04-2010 12:39 AM

(24-04-2010 03:30 AM)JHyde Wrote:  He's cool. But you know that Warren Ellis the muso is cooler.
Yeah, yeah.

(24-04-2010 06:51 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  I've met:
Clint Eastwood (during my first job at a film distribution company in London; he was casting "Firefox" in our building; he was very shy and understated but lit up the room)
Cool! One of the first movies I saw at the drive in was Any Which Way But Loose.

(24-04-2010 06:51 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  Patrick Stewart (at a post-show reception in Huddersfield...and I still AM a Trekker!)
Also cool. He's great.

Is it trekker or trekkie these days? I can't keep it straight.

RE: Met anyone famous? - YourFutureMuse - 25-04-2010 12:41 PM

Picard1109 - You used to work for Mo Mowlam! I am jealous haha

RE: Met anyone famous? - picard1109 - 25-04-2010 01:17 PM

YouFutureMuse: don't be! It wasn't a pleasant experience.

bertowud: Well, I always use Trekker, because I'm into the philosphy of ST, not into the dressing up, and I don't remember much trivia like which deck Picard's quarters are on, etc. etc. I've always thought Trekkie belittles us but it may just be snobbery on my part!

RE: Met anyone famous? - YourFutureMuse - 01-05-2010 03:03 PM

Met John Prescott today and was very impressed Tongue He is such a motivational speaker!

I really wish I had some cool celebrities to talk about like all of you on this thread hahaha

RE: Met anyone famous? - picard1109 - 01-05-2010 04:02 PM

(01-05-2010 03:03 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Met John Prescott today and was very impressed Tongue He is such a motivational speaker!

I really wish I had some cool celebrities to talk about like all of you on this thread hahaha

YFM: Your time will come...

Forgot to add Prescott to my list...but I don't like him anyway.Dodgy