Spooks Forum
Met anyone famous? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Met anyone famous? (/thread-632.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Met anyone famous? - YourFutureMuse - 01-05-2010 04:26 PM

I never did really before today but he did really impress me haha
The only other people I've met are my local MPs, Margaret Beckett is friendlier than I thought she'd be haha. I know earlier in this thread people were talking about how it's not always good to meet someone you admire but she was even more inspirational than I thought she would be haha I am a little bit in love Tongue

RE: Met anyone famous? - JHyde - 02-05-2010 07:47 AM

No that's good YFM - I love it that you met someone you admire who could really help in some way.

RE: Met anyone famous? - YourFutureMuse - 05-05-2010 01:13 PM

So sad right now lol - got a call yesterday inviting me to Derby uni cos there was a visit from a cabinet member but I had a full morning of lessons so decided I best go to school instead as I thought the visitor would only be a minor person. Turns out it was David Miliband who is my absolute hero! Sad

RE: Met anyone famous? - RoninExec - 05-05-2010 01:17 PM

We know who you gonna vote for tomorrow !

RE: Met anyone famous? - picard1109 - 05-05-2010 02:25 PM

(05-05-2010 01:13 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  So sad right now lol - got a call yesterday inviting me to Derby uni cos there was a visit from a cabinet member but I had a full morning of lessons so decided I best go to school instead as I thought the visitor would only be a minor person. Turns out it was David Miliband who is my absolute hero! Sad

That is a shame - but there'll be other opportunities to meet him, YFM.

RE: Met anyone famous? - Nitrus - 05-05-2010 03:16 PM

(05-05-2010 02:25 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  
(05-05-2010 01:13 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  So sad right now lol - got a call yesterday inviting me to Derby uni cos there was a visit from a cabinet member but I had a full morning of lessons so decided I best go to school instead as I thought the visitor would only be a minor person. Turns out it was David Miliband who is my absolute hero! Sad

That is a shame - but there'll be other opportunities to meet him, YFM.

Yeh, he'll have loads of free time come Friday.. Wink

RE: Met anyone famous? - picard1109 - 05-05-2010 07:31 PM

Oh, very bloody funny, Nitrus. Wink We shall see, boy. We shall see...Cool

RE: Met anyone famous? - A Cousin - 06-05-2010 04:04 PM

Lots of cool encounters here. Fun thread.

Lets see who have a I met. Like lwhite53 I spent some time in the theater world here in the States, but not on Bway. Although I do know a bunch of rank and file Broadway actors, musicians, dancers, composers, lyricists, playwrights, and technicians. I also know several folks famous in the jazz world, which is terribly impressive to no one but myself!

I grew up with Joshua Bell - the violinist? Anyone know him?

I went to high school with the Dalai Lama's nephew. Does that count? I have also eaten at the Dalia Lama's brothers restaurant. Yum!

Almost physically ran into Ciaran Hinds in NYC as I was running through mid town Manhattan from audition to audition. He was doing Closer on Bway. Wish I had had a bit better aim as he has been a celebrity crush for years! Angel

I met Edward Petherbridge after a performance at the RSC of Cymbeline. Met is not exactly the word; I more fell over myself, but I think I kind of coherently expressed my respect for his craft. Being actors ourselves at the time, the DH and I knew that there MUST be a pub the actors gathered in after the show. Wasn't hard to find, and it is the only time that I approached an actor to meet. Damian Lewis was there too but this was before his star rose, so I didn't know who he was. My husband was "yucking it up" with him and a few others for a while.

Through work, I have met Paul Sorvino, Cynthia Nixon, Kristen Davis, F. Murray Abraham, and Avery Brooks. I made a point to not meet David Strathairn last year when he came to speak because I couldn't trust myself to not jump him! Silba

Oh, and the playwright Lee Blessing is on the faculty at the Uni where I work. Super nice man....

That is what comes immediately to mind.

Good luck with election day. Very exciting day for you!

RE: Met anyone famous? - picard1109 - 27-05-2010 10:01 PM

Met Claire Short on the Tube today and had a brief chat. A pleasant woman.

RE: Met anyone famous? - YourFutureMuse - 27-05-2010 10:31 PM

Ooh I forgot that I actually had someone famous I met to put in this thread! Well famous for me ( have to bear in mind I live a very sheltered politically orientated life Tongue) I met Ed Miliband last week and I was v. impressed had a good chat with him re uni tuition fees and student issues and he seemed of the right sort of mind to bring young people to the party Big Grin So I am betraying my all time love for his bro and voting for him :O.

Bah I wish I lived in London so I could just run into famous people on the tube!!
Actually what is Clare Short up to nowadays? lol