Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back (/thread-685.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - HellsBells - 01-04-2010 01:19 PM

I can't see Harry betraying the state for Ruth. He wouldn't hand over the uranium to save her family, so I just can't see Harry betraying the state at any cost. But Ruth.........just maybe if she believed the cause was right.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 01-04-2010 01:50 PM

(01-04-2010 01:19 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I can't see Harry betraying the state for Ruth. He wouldn't hand over the uranium to save her family, so I just can't see Harry betraying the state at any cost. But Ruth.........just maybe if she believed the cause was right.

Yes but they were not threatening Ruth directly then. Maybe if they had, we would have seen Harry give them what they wanted. Yes I agree that Ruth would.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 01-04-2010 05:30 PM

Harry might just do it to save Ruth's life, but I can't see him betraying the country for any other reason. I also really can't see Ruth doing it for any other reason than saving someone she loves. I tend to support the theories that the ultimate betrayal will have something to do with the new characters coming in. I can see anything strange happening maybe putting a strain on the Harry/Ruth relationship. If somebody framed either Harry or Ruth for something terrible, will the other have enough faith to believe it was a frame-up, or would they begin to believe that the other person could have done such a thing?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - lwhite53 - 01-04-2010 06:17 PM

Geez, I go off-line for two days and come back to find you folks talking about H and/or R betraying each other! I think I need to get over to 2010 storylines and see what the hell is going on!!!!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 02-04-2010 04:59 PM

Aww, lwhite. Perhaps us HR fans have been conditioned to expect the worst for our beloved couple, because let's face it, very little has gone right for those two so far...

But I still believe the betrayal is more likely going to be one of the new faces planted on the team to try and destroy it from within by either the political powers that be, or by Nightingale or a similar group. This person will then obviously have to play off the members of the team against each other, perhaps using any lingering issues - Harry/Lucas re Russia and Harry/Ruth relationship issues - to achieve their objective.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - lwhite53 - 02-04-2010 05:43 PM

Let's not forget about Traiq -- he and Ruth have established a working relationship. Whoever the "betrayer" is, he/she may try to play Harry off against Traiq.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 02-04-2010 06:03 PM

(02-04-2010 05:43 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Let's not forget about Traiq -- he and Ruth have established a working relationship. Whoever the "betrayer" is, he/she may try to play Harry off against Traiq.

What, make Harry think there is something going on between Ruth and Tariq?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Beatriz - 02-04-2010 06:41 PM

I would never expect that... if that was lwhite53 was saying, seems weird to me, don't think Harry will buy that...

(01-04-2010 05:30 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Harry might just do it to save Ruth's life, but I can't see him betraying the country for any other reason. I also really can't see Ruth doing it for any other reason than saving someone she loves. I tend to support the theories that the ultimate betrayal will have something to do with the new characters coming in. I can see anything strange happening maybe putting a strain on the Harry/Ruth relationship. If somebody framed either Harry or Ruth for something terrible, will the other have enough faith to believe it was a frame-up, or would they begin to believe that the other person could have done such a thing?

That are good points Silktie Smile Harry and Ruth trust and know each other, I think they would never think of the other to be a traitor.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 03-04-2010 12:02 PM

(01-04-2010 05:30 PM)Silktie Wrote:  If somebody framed either Harry or Ruth for something terrible, will the other have enough faith to believe it was a frame-up, or would they begin to believe that the other person could have done such a thing?

I would find it hard to believe that either could think the other a traitor although saying that, Ruth did question Harry in 4.10 and was pretty convinced at one point that he was partly responsible for Diana's death. It Ruth's eyes that made Harry a traitor to the people who loved Diana. I often wonder what Ruth would have done in 7.7 when Harry was arrested. She surely would have been working hard to prove he was not the mole.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - lwhite53 - 03-04-2010 03:53 PM

(02-04-2010 06:03 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(02-04-2010 05:43 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Let's not forget about Traiq -- he and Ruth have established a working relationship. Whoever the "betrayer" is, he/she may try to play Harry off against Traiq.

What, make Harry think there is something going on between Ruth and Tariq?

No. But say Tariq gets stitched up by someone (one of the newbies who's a mole, maybe) and Ruth comes to T's aid and gets pulled in to whatever it is, then Harry has to make a decision -- save Ruth or save Tariq. The personal vs the professional -- which is going to win out. That's the kind of scenario I meant. Since we don't know a lot about Tariq, almost any storyline could work.