Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back (/thread-685.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 09-05-2010 02:38 PM

Yeah, as I said in the season 9 speculation thread, I'm not so sure we should automatically accept that he is talking about one of the team. I think it might be meant in a wider context, and could point to a senior politician being a traitor. If it is to be either Harry or Ruth, they would have to sell it awfully well to make it even remotely believable...

In episode 3.7, we see a flash of jealousy from Harry when Ruth is so happy to see her old friend Andrew. The look he gives her as they walk away is hilarious. It seems that it is becoming harder for Harry to deny his feelings towards her.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 09-05-2010 03:06 PM

(09-05-2010 02:38 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Yeah, as I said in the season 9 speculation thread, I'm not so sure we should automatically accept that he is talking about one of the team. I think it might be meant in a wider context, and could point to a senior politician being a traitor. If it is to be either Harry or Ruth, they would have to sell it awfully well to make it even remotely believable...

In episode 3.7, we see a flash of jealousy from Harry when Ruth is so happy to see her old friend Andrew. The look he gives her as they walk away is hilarious. It seems that it is becoming harder for Harry to deny his feelings towards her.

Yes, I am coming round to your way of thinking there Silktie. It will help my blood pressure anyway, for me to think it is the HS or like. I agree that because of everything that Ruth and Harry have been involved in
and gone through over the years, it may be a storyline too far for us to believe that either, especially Ruth, could turn traitor, and act against one another.

Harry did seem to act a little odd around Ruth and Andrew. Surely it is not unusal for Ruth to come across people she knows from GCHQ in the Service?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Aria - 09-05-2010 03:36 PM

I have commented in the rewatch thread that I found it hard to believe that Harry didn't notice anything was wrong about Ruth not coming into work. Alarm bells should have been ringing loudly when Ruth apparently sends a text to Sam rather than contacting him directly. The only way I could reconcile this lack on Harry's part was to believe that he is in denial about his feelings for Ruth and is desperately trying not to think about her.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Beatriz - 15-05-2010 04:55 PM

Only a thought: Today I was watching Pride and Prejudice on tv, and when the rain scene between MM and KK reminded me to that wonderful HR scene in 4.10, the discussion, the sexual tension between them...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - muppet - 16-05-2010 10:14 AM

I haven't enough posts yet to be able to vote - So my answer's here instead.

Definitely the best thing ever...

I love the way the writers have developed this relationship. More of it please.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - tyme4t - 16-05-2010 11:57 AM

(15-05-2010 04:55 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Only a thought: Today I was watching Pride and Prejudice on tv, and when the rain scene between MM and KK reminded me to that wonderful HR scene in 4.10, the discussion, the sexual tension between them...

First off - love MM in P&P.... Angel

I just re-watched ep 4.9 last night and I think the bus scene is one of the best H/R scenes ever! When she passes him the info and he takes his hand away and the camera shows her hand flex - I actually thought -"That's like MM/Darcy's hand scene in P&P!"

I Heart H/R!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 16-05-2010 12:46 PM

Yeah, they do seem a bit like a Jane Austen romance, don't they? There are a few film romances that remind me of HR: two others are Remains of the Day and Shadowlands. Maybe because these two films are also about two people trying to find their way to each other through defences built up over years of solitude. Here's hoping HR ends on a happier note, though!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - tyme4t - 16-05-2010 01:12 PM

(16-05-2010 12:46 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Yeah, they do seem a bit like a Jane Austen romance, don't they? There are a few film romances that remind me of HR: two others are Remains of the Day and Shadowlands. Maybe because these two films are also about two people trying to find their way to each other through defences built up over years of solitude. Here's hoping HR ends on a happier note, though!

Let's hope so!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - JHyde - 16-05-2010 01:37 PM

A lot of people have noticed the Remains of the Day similarities. I know one of the spooks fan ficcers sees it too (I am struggling to remember which one, I'm sorry) and Aria has talked about it here before too. (OK, not here, on the old thread.)

I'm re-reading this at the moment actually (I started again yesterday, believe it or not on the timing) and I have also been thinking about it.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - tyme4t - 16-05-2010 01:44 PM

(16-05-2010 01:37 PM)JHyde Wrote:  A lot of people have noticed the Remains of the Day similarities. I know one of the spooks fan ficcers sees it too (I am struggling to remember which one, I'm sorry) and Aria has talked about it here before too. (OK, not here, on the old thread.)

I'm re-reading this at the moment actually (I started again yesterday, believe it or not on the timing) and I have also been thinking about it.

Jhyde - sorry what are your re-reading? The Remains of the Day? fan fic? this thread? a different thread? just curious