Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back (/thread-685.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 11-09-2010 01:09 PM

I agree with Beatriz that so long as it is believable that is the thing that matters most, something which seemed forced or too fluffy for Spooks would be awful. However, I think that the characters are definately in safe hands with Peter and Nicola.

I'm hoping for some form of acknowledgement that they are together, a huge announcement may seem contrived; Peter and Nicola are great at subtle. but I do think that something needs to happen in this series.

Also Tea Lady, You could add the hand touch in 4.09 onto the table too.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 11-09-2010 01:49 PM

(11-09-2010 01:09 PM)SPOOK91 Wrote:  Also Tea Lady, You could add the hand touch in 4.09 onto the table too.

OMG, I forgot that one *hangs head in shame* Thanks SPOOK91.

Kisses:1 (5.5)
Hand touching:2 (8.7, 4.9)
Arm/shoulder touching:3 (8.8, 5.5, 5.3)
Dates attended: 1 (5.4)
Dates not attended:2 (8.6, 4.5)
Dancing:0
Trips to supermarket:0
Overnight stops:0

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 11-09-2010 06:53 PM

I'm going to put most of this under a spoiler warning just to be sure. But it relates to Series 9 Promo Pics.

Spoiler: show
This could potentially be some quite exciting news for our cause, and even if it isn't they are nice anyway. On the Peter Firth website there are promo pics with Ruth and Harry in together. Great pictures too and they look like they are parts of scenes to me. http://www.peterfirth.co.uk/ just go to Series 9 Promo Pics.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Naivety - 11-09-2010 07:19 PM

Great pics!

In the one of Harry and Ruth standing close together, Ruth is holding something between her hands. Would it be Harry's gloved hand by any chance?

Nine days has never seemed so long!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 11-09-2010 07:23 PM

Oh my I hope it is, they do seem to have a bit of a guilty look on their faces, does it look like they are on the rooftop too? Plus it is nighttime, date perhaps Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 11-09-2010 08:16 PM

Series promo pics Spoiler: show
Now, the thing with that rooftop photo, which is just simply wonderful, is that Ruth and Harry are totally in focus. If you look at Ruth's hand though, it is a little blurred and some of her fingers look too long. If I was a betting person, I would say this photo has been altered slightly. Maybe she WAS holding his hand in the original, but because that would give away a potential storyline, it was altered. Just my thoughts anyway.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - almh - 11-09-2010 08:22 PM

Series promo pics Spoiler: show
I hate to be horribly pessimistic, but it honestly just looks like she's holding her gloves... HOWEVER, to make up for that comment, I will say this - two pictures of Harry and Ruth Big Grin That's gotta be a hint (failing that then the person who suggested those pictures decided to try and get our hopes up. I hope no one would really be that evil.)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - A Cousin - 11-09-2010 08:47 PM

Keeping the spoiler tags going:

Hmmm...I am not convinced that the roof-top shot is part of a scene and not just a set up for a publicity shot for marketing purposes. It doesn't have the same look as the others that are very much scene shots. It looks more like the Harry/Lucas with the mirrors shot - its too posed, the lighting is too apparent and the composition is very precise. Not that it matters, really. Just the existence of such a shot says a lot.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 11-09-2010 09:59 PM

It is difficult to tell whether she is holding Harry's hand, it does seem to be quite blurred, I'm hoping that this is some kind of hint though plus all of the pictures all appear to be from the same episode in that Harry is wearing the same tie in them all except the ones of him and Lucas and the one of him on his own, which may mean that it is part of a scene, I do agree that it does look a bit posed; after all they have done DVD covers before where the actors have been looking past the camera or in a totally different direction. I'm loving the new coats though (slightly OT!) Matching coats Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 11-09-2010 10:11 PM

Series S9 promo pics Spoiler: show
I still think Ruth's fingers are too long. In 5.5 when she holds Harry's face, they are quite short and stumpy. Here, they are about 5 foot long! As for the coats, I think Ruth is wearing Ros' coat from 5.5. She obviously kept it safe. Smile As for the other photo of H/R, I wonder whether that is before/after a funeral, as Ruth hardly ever wears black and Harry's tie is black striped.

I think we are all going to tie ourselves in knots these next 9 days