Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back (/thread-685.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 12-09-2010 12:38 PM

Hee! It's great fun to have something HR to speculate about again. It certainly looks like it might be Harry's gloved hand in there with Ruth's two (same colour as the other glove), but then she appears to be holding her own forefinger rather than his hand... Maybe the photo was taken as he's in the process of taking hers?

Just deliriously happy to see there'll be at least one HR scene in season 9! Of course, in the end it'll end up being the two of them on the roof to discuss work, and nothing else... Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 12-09-2010 12:57 PM

Perhaps Harry going to take her hand is the case Silktie. It seems to me a little as though she is wringing her hands much like in a nervous gesture. Perhaps they have been talking through something and somebody has interrupted. It certainly looks as though they have been interrupted to me. Of course like you said they could quite easily have been talking about an operation and somebody has some extra information for them. Hope not though! Harry needs some love this series!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 12-09-2010 01:31 PM

I think that rooftop photo is a staged one unfortunately. I do hope though, that there was filming before it was taken. A night H/R roof scene would be just wonderful. Ruth needs someone to warm her up Smile

Also that looks like the "ruthtop" from episode 5.3 as opposed to the "ruthtop" in 8.8. The first one was at the Old Biscuit Factory and the second one was in the City, London Bridge area. I do prefer the original one and it would be great if that was the place where they finally declare their love for each other. It just would seem fitting. The place where it all started.

Anyone got any thoughts on the second H/R photo? People are saying on the PFF, that it could have been taken in Ruth or Harry's house. I think it is Harry's office though. Those look like Harry's vertical blinds. That photo is definitely not staged.

OMG! You really may call yourself obsessed when you start looking at Harry's blinds !!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - tyme4t - 12-09-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:OMG! You really may call yourself obsessed when you start looking at Harry's blinds !!

TL - LMAO! Big Grin
Luckily you are in a "safe house" and we all understand & appreciate obsessiveness when it comes to [spooks]!

Long live Harry & Ruth!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 12-09-2010 02:02 PM

The other picture definately looks like it has come from part of a scene they have filmed. I personally don't think that they are in Harry's office though, it seems a bit too bright to be his office, plus isn't Harry's office usually red? It could well be one of their houses though but why would Harry look so brooding? We haven't seen Ruth's house since she came back yet so it could quite easily be where shew is leaving, besides they have changed Harry's house quite a few times so we can't discount that either, plus his house seemed to be quite light.

Edit: Ahh I have just had a look at the picture of Harry and
Spoiler: show
Beth
and in that one they are most definately in Harry's office and it has the came colour walls as the Harry and Ruth picture so it could be that they are in Harry's office.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 12-09-2010 02:14 PM

(12-09-2010 02:02 PM)SPOOK91 Wrote:  in that one they are most definately in Harry's office and it has the came colour walls as the Harry and Ruth picture so it could be that they are in Harry's office.

Yes, the walls look the same. I thought only Harry's back wall was red anyway. I am sure someone will correct me here.

My gym session really passed quickly this morning as I couldn't stop thinking about Harry's vertical blinds and the length of Ruth's fingers. See, being a H/R fan helps you keep fit as well. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - A Cousin - 12-09-2010 03:07 PM

(12-09-2010 01:31 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Also that looks like the "ruthtop" from episode 5.3 as opposed to the "ruthtop" in 8.8. The first one was at the Old Biscuit Factory and the second one was in the City, London Bridge area. I do prefer the original one and it would be great if that was the place where they finally declare their love for each other. It just would seem fitting. The place where it all started.

Not knowing my London skylines, I was going to ask about that. Thanks!

I agree that the "ruthtop" (LOL) is staged. It is not unusual for publicity to take scene shots during filming. They may have shot the scene then set up the publicity shot. I bet they touched up Ruth's fingers just to keep us speculating. Someone in the Kudo's publicity department is getting a good laugh at us! Tongue

As for the pic where Ruth is in focus, my gut reaction was that they were in Harry's office and he is in discussion with someone else and Ruth is watching his reaction to what ever is being said to him. All business.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 12-09-2010 04:00 PM

Hmm, I'm going to be different and say I don't think the rooftop one is staged, and is actually from a scene. We usually see all the characters posed in the same spot for staged pics (see the season 8 pics where they were all standing in that same corridor for their pics). We haven't seen pics of anyone else on the rooftop, so...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Beatriz - 12-09-2010 06:20 PM

I agree with Silktie, normallly the promo pics look different, the actors posing and different backround... But don't know.
What TL says would be great, finally getting together where it all started Heart

As re the one with Ruth's focused, I also think they are in his office, work matters.

It would be funny reading all this speculation when we know what these pics are about when the series 9 finishes (Sad).

(And here it goes my 2000th post on a great thread Big Grin)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 12-09-2010 06:55 PM

Congrats Beatriz on your 2000th. Smile

Ok, I can see where you are coming from with that "ruthtop" photo then. My worry would then be, Harry does not look particularly happy. Maybe someone has just appeared, interrupting them, and gives them bad news....

As for these pics, Ian Wylie just tweeted that "those pictures are under a strict BBC embargo until Tuesday and should not have been published yet." Someone has been a bit naughty then!!