Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back (/thread-685.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - almh - 13-09-2010 08:04 PM

A bit worried now as
Series 9 trailer Spoiler: show
Ruth sounds really nervous right at the beginning of the trailer. Why does she sound so nervous speaking to Harry? It sounds like she's going to confess something, and I have a horrible feeling it's not the confession we want. Then again, I am a pessimist so maybe I'm just misconstruing it.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 13-09-2010 08:46 PM

Spoiler: show
Perhaps her confession is to do with Nicholas Blake, she would be nervous telling him that I would have thought, she would have a good idea what Harry would do with that information. I just really hope they aren't trying to make Ruth into a baddie.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Naivety - 13-09-2010 09:45 PM

I think she sounds as though she is going to give Harry some information that she knows will hurt him. They've just left a church, presumably Ros's funeral, so the mood will be sombre anyway. She knows Harry's mind and feelings better than anyone, and is aware how highly he regarded the old HS, Nicholas Blake. There is a suitcase full of stuff including poker chips, and I'm sure Ruth doesn't play poker!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 14-09-2010 12:08 AM

I have just found this it's Ian Wylie's blog, I'll put the link here and put comments about it's content under a spoiler cut. http://lifeofwylie.com/2010/09/14/spooks-the-things-weve-seen-together/

Well our questions will be answered then! And in the first 4 minutes. The line about it "starting with a funeral and ending with a....." makes me wonder... (ending with a wedding/proposal perhaps?) It would seem to fit? Plus it would tie in very nicely with the reviews and spoilers that we have already had.

Edited to include the link for the blog! Durrr!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - yorkshiretyke - 14-09-2010 06:42 AM

Thanks for the link
Series 9 Spoiler: show
I am so excited, it looks like we are going to get what we want....Blake must be the one...Ruth and Harry together hoorah!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - JHyde - 14-09-2010 08:12 AM

I'm not sure I want a proposal so quickly. Or at all, on screen.

(Cowers, knowing this will be unpopular.)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 14-09-2010 09:08 AM

(14-09-2010 08:12 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I'm not sure I want a proposal so quickly. Or at all, on screen.

Proposal ??? Yykes!!

Think I will avoid this thread from now on. Will sign back in next week, after 9.1. has aired. Bye for now. All my fingers are crossed for H/R.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - JHyde - 14-09-2010 09:19 AM

I thought the proposal thing fell into speculation, sorry if anyone got caught out.

I'm pretty sure it is speculation.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 14-09-2010 10:31 AM

(14-09-2010 08:12 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I'm not sure I want a proposal so quickly. Or at all, on screen.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I think I'll wait to see how exactly it happens, if it does indeed happen, before making up my mind. It does seem completely out of the blue, though, as we don't know at this stage whether they've actually been seeing each other for a while, or at all.

That said, I think the idea might grow on me, if they do it right.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Kazters - 14-09-2010 11:06 AM

love how close harry and ruth looked in that trailer