Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back (/thread-685.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - JHyde - 20-09-2010 08:00 AM

Series 8 Spoiler: show
I don't think it's ROS so much as he has just seen a lot of people he cares about die over the years and Ros is the most recent of them.

I don't think the show would survive PF leaving. I know I wouldn't be quite as enthusiastic about it.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 20-09-2010 09:06 PM

OMG! I actually feel completely shell shocked by what just happened and a little teary. First thoughts are, I can understand why she said no to his marriage proposal. It wasn't the right time or place but I can understand why he asked her, but at the end? Who does Ruth think she will find happiness with? Does she think she will have more in common with a normal civilian than Harry? What sort of life does Ruth really want and the truth is, I don't think she knows. She did love Harry at one point, she really did. Why has that changed? I am confused. What is she so afraid of? Are they trying to make Ruth out to be the bad guy here?

As I say, first thoughts. Will come back later.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - picard1109 - 20-09-2010 09:09 PM

]Well, I've always thought she was a silly cow, as many of you know. I rest my case.Cool

Poor Harry. But I hope he lets go and goes out to find love somewhere else.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - almh - 20-09-2010 09:11 PM

Series 9 Spoiler: show
I think she had a point - they're getting to the stage now where both have had enough of lying, and that could destroy them. On the plus side, she can still change her mind! It definitely was the wrong time for him to do it but... Ok, sleep now.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 20-09-2010 09:21 PM

And, what sort of excuse is "worrying about what to say to the neighbours" Naaaaaaaaaa, Ruth, Ruth, what is going on with you?

Harry does not want Ruth to mother him, he wants a partner. All she seemed to be doing this episode, was mother him.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Aria - 20-09-2010 09:26 PM

I got the impression that Ruth wasn't rejecting Harry, but rejecting the notion that they could have a "normal" life as a married couple. She states that they've "forfeited" that right by what they've seen and done. Even though it wasn't what I had hoped for H/R wise, 9.1 and the preview for 9.2 ("late night tete-a-tetes") makes me hopeful for Harry and Ruth as we all knew it was never going to be easy.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 20-09-2010 09:31 PM

]No. I never thought it would be easy, don't get me wrong. I am sure if Ruth had said yes, and the rest of the 7 episodes was about them arranging the wedding and honeymoon, we would all be moaning, but come on...8 years !! 8 long years !! Don't the fans deserve something?

Also, when did Harry say they could have a normal life? I know what Ruth meant and perhaps she wants a normal life again, like she had on Cyprus, but that isn't going to happen...So you start with love. You work with love. And you see where love takes you and screw the next door neighbours! We never have ours round for drinks or cosy chats about careers.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 20-09-2010 09:50 PM

The scene on the rooftop totally confused me to be honest, when she said "We're more together now than ever" or something like that. I don't know what she meant, she seemed to be smiling too a little.

I think that there will be something and that she was right to refuse him. But oh that whisper in her ear. Lovely...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 20-09-2010 09:55 PM

]
(20-09-2010 09:50 PM)SPOOK91 Wrote:  The scene on the rooftop totally confused me to be honest, when she said "We're more together now than ever" or something like that. I don't know what she meant, she seemed to be smiling too a little.

I think that there will be something and that she was right to refuse him. But oh that whisper in her ear. Lovely...

I think I almost died when he moved over towards her ear...oh lord !!

I didn't quite get the end scene and will need to watch it a few more times. Was Ruth just bloody well fretting again? I don't know. Harry was hardly at his best was he? So she wasn't blinking well holding his hand. That's for sure now!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 20-09-2010 10:02 PM

(20-09-2010 09:55 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  So she wasn't blinking well holding his hand. That's for sure now!

Well at least we know that for certain. Yes I think that speech will need some more analysis. Poor Harry he looked totally heartbroken throughout the whole episode.

Series 9 episode 2 trailer Spoiler: show
The little tete a tete thing from Harry may suggest that they have acted on the whole we've never been more together part of her speech