Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back (/thread-685.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Kirayuki - 22-09-2010 07:26 PM

She has her reasons. Tongue

And I really hope we do get a nice H/R moment or two! Vueltasss

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Beatriz - 22-09-2010 08:00 PM

I'm with Kirayuki!! hahaha I also think, as Tea Lady and Naivety, that love has to be mention by one/both of them.

If was in Ruth's shoes, I know that the outcome would be different... :whistles: I have just rewatched the scene again and I haven't noticed that Harry touches her waist *fans herself* Tongue Sorry for this stupids comments but I need to get it off my chest Big Grin

And I second what Naivety said about passionate HR moments Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 22-09-2010 08:05 PM

I think there has to be something between them this series. I am intrigued as to this whole
Series episode 2 trailer Spoiler: show
late night tete a tete
I couldn't be sure of the expression on Harry's face as he said it.

What do you think it could mean?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 22-09-2010 08:21 PM

(22-09-2010 07:18 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I have a feeling we will see a H/R passionate moment this series.

What did John Cleese say in Clockwise, "I can take the dispair, it's the hope that is killing me." Too bloody right if you are a shipper.

This is just awful. We all have so differing opinions here as to what will happen. As for
Series Trailer for 9.2 Spoiler: show
was that moment just put in there to try and wind us all up a little more? I must have watched that scene 20 times. Ruth clearly has been drinking, she is holding a wine glass in front of her. Harry is clearly late on the Grid in relaxed mode. His shirt is undone and tie loose. The conversation is therefore something not work related or perhaps starts off as a work related story. Again Kudos do this to make us all insane. We all just want that phone call to be Ruth inviting Harry round, but it is probably just Harry telling Ruth to stop phoning him so late and to talk to him tomorrow because it isn't appropriate any more.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 22-09-2010 08:30 PM

Yes it most probably is there to tease us. God they can be so evil! I have also watched it quite a few times. However, you can't see his face for the whole of his line as it cuts to a scene with Lucas. Ahh I hadn't picked up that she had been drinking. Perhaps what she meant by what she said hasn't been picked up properly by Harry and she is inviting him around. (God I really hope so! The eternal optimist here.) Besides I can't see Ruth being one to drink on the job, even if she is working from home.

What do people think about Ruth sharing with Beth? She seems like a straightforward kind of girl.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - lwhite53 - 22-09-2010 08:33 PM

OK -- so I have a question? Does anyone think H and R must have had some kind of interaction between the end of 8.8 and the beginning of 9.1, or is it just me? I've been trying to figure out how this relationship went from Ruth being angry/scared about Harry going to the siege site at the end of 8.8 to what is clearly a cooling down of her feelings in 9.1 and I can't help but think something has happened between them in the interim.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - almh - 22-09-2010 08:33 PM

The trailer is killing me! I'm seriously tempted to read the summary, just to put myself out of the suspense... Anyway
Series 9 episode 2 trailer Spoiler: show
it does look like Ruth has been drinking a bit, and my interpretation (hopefully the wrong one!) is that Harry doesn't seem to be too keen to be receiving her call - he's probably still hurting from her rejection, and like people have said previously, just wants to put some space between them.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Naivety - 22-09-2010 08:41 PM

(22-09-2010 08:21 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  What did John Cleese say in Clockwise, "I can take the dispair, it's the hope that is killing me." Too bloody right if you are a shipper.Big Grin

Yes. Angst I can take, but the hope is sending me doolally tat (as my Mum would say).

Series 9 Spoiler: show
The look on Harry's face in that clip is half smile half frown. Bemused?
According to Wylie's blog for episode 2, Kudos have not finished with the H/R thing yet, so here's hoping for a scrap

oops! sorry about that!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 22-09-2010 08:41 PM

(22-09-2010 08:33 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  OK -- so I have a question? Does anyone think H and R must have had some kind of interaction between the end of 8.8 and the beginning of 9.1, or is it just me? I've been trying to figure out how this relationship went from Ruth being angry/scared about Harry going to the siege site at the end of 8.8 to what is clearly a cooling down of her feelings in 9.1 and I can't help but think something has happened between them in the interim.

It would explain a few things but I don't think so. This is surely only supposed to be days after the explosion. They wouldn't take more than a few days to have a new HS in place.

Series trailer 9.2 Spoiler: show
Looking up the definition of tete a tete, it refers to it being a conversation, not a physical meeting. I wonder whether Ruth is telling Harry something about Beth. Why he needs to be told late at night is probably what Harry is querying. Clearly it would make Harry think that she just wanted an excuse to talk to him. Garden path or what.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - SPOOK91 - 22-09-2010 08:43 PM

I'm not sure if there was something that happened between 8.8 and 9.1 really. Perhaps it was purely the events of Ros' death which was the thing which changed things. Also I don't think that her feelings have cooled down as such. It was the wrong time and the wrong place for Harry to ask her to marry him, she never said at any point as far as I think that she doesn't love him. Indeed the whole "we couldn't be more together than we are right now." Is more of an acknowledgement that there is something between them.

Yeah perhaps he does still see it as a rejection, she was a bit cryptic in her speech after all we are all still discussing what she could have meant by what she said. Well if Ruth has been drinking Wink I still don't think he would be able to resist her.