Spooks Forum
Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Favourite Spooks Fanfic (/thread-737.html)

Pages: 1 2

Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Aria - 03-03-2010 09:14 AM

Not sure if this thread is okay, but I just read the most wonderful H/R fanfic on Fanfiction.net and wanted to tell others so that they could enjoy for themselves.

Its a H/R story set in season 5 and is just plain brilliant.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5781845/1/Secrets_Part_One

If you like part one, part 2 is also available with further chapters to come.

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Skully - 03-03-2010 10:33 AM

Wow! She writes incredibly well.

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Tea Lady - 03-03-2010 11:26 AM

I started to read this last weekend and finished it last night. It is truely amazing. It takes the story up from the end of 5.03 and fills in the gaps up to 5.05. The word count is huge but dont let that put you off. I think this comes very close to my other favourite fanfic story Redemption by Ramling Scribe.

Part two of Secrets was posted today. The word count is slightly higher! I am so annoyed that I wont get to read this until the weekend.

Even if you are not a great lover of fanfic, this is an epic read, and shouldnt be missed Smile

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Aria - 03-03-2010 12:13 PM

Perhaps we can also use this thread to tell what other Spooks fanfic is good?

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Nia M - 03-03-2010 05:52 PM

I've never seen 'Secrets Part One' before, so will take a good look later.

I have far too many favourites to list here though, but I'll try to pick a couple out later Smile

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Skully - 03-03-2010 11:52 PM

I would love to know what people's favourites are. I'm new to fanfic so it would be helpful to have a 'best of' guide to get me started Smile

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Silktie - 04-03-2010 06:39 AM

I second the accolades for 'Secrets'. It is extremely well written and plotted out. Well worth the time.

I also second Tea Lady's endorsement of 'Redemption' by Rambling Scribe. I love that story - it's one of the few I've read more than once.

Another favourite of mine is 'Tabula Rasa' and its follow-up, 'Touchable Dream' by Laurie M. In my opinion these stories have the most accurate characterisation of all the Spooks characters that I have seen to date. Both can be found on the Spooks fanfiction.net site.

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Tea Lady - 04-03-2010 10:04 AM

I have not read those two Laurie M stories Silktie so will make a note. Yes Redemption is the only story I have bothered printing off. I love it.

As for other fanfic I really like Reunion by Winam and Day of Your Life by Fluffyspook although that is a little sad. There is a follow up story to this though I think.

Two ongoing fanfics I am reading are Reckonings by HRfan and Old Fashioned Love by Crazy Peas. I wasnt sure about Reckonings to start with because of what happened in Paris but I really like it now.

Oh, cant forget TLC by nonsenseandmischief. Someone on the SF recommended that to me. If I had enough printer ink I would print that off as well!

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - Nia M - 04-03-2010 08:24 PM

Oh I love all of the CrazyPeas' fics (and the ones they've done with the POGs and individually too). And for any Ros fans, Odainath and petite etoile29 are the gurus Big Grin
And of course Laurie M too.

RE: Favourite Spooks Fanfic - TygerBright - 05-03-2010 02:05 AM

I've just happened upon a Lucas/Ros centric, 8.8 continuation story that is one of the most beautiful fanfics I've ever read .. in any fandom. EVER.
Here.

As a matter of fact, check out the rest of that particular LJ. So many more brilliant stories. Find of the week. Nay, month. Make that 2010...