Spooks Forum
"You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) (/thread-743.html)

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - tyme4t - 16-11-2010 06:18 PM

(16-11-2010 06:01 PM)Aria Wrote:  ....you watch the news about the Royal engagement and wonder if it will be mentioned/incorporated into season 10 Smile

LOL...you beat me to it! I had the same kind of reaction...wonder if it has been "organized" to distract from the threat level Wink

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Aria - 16-11-2010 06:27 PM

(16-11-2010 06:18 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  
(16-11-2010 06:01 PM)Aria Wrote:  ....you watch the news about the Royal engagement and wonder if it will be mentioned/incorporated into season 10 Smile

LOL...you beat me to it! I had the same kind of reaction...wonder if it has been "organized" to distract from the threat level Wink

Such cynicism, tyme4t Tongue I have to admit I thought the same thing, especially when David Cameron came on and said he had received a piece of paper with the news on during a Cabinet meeting. Surely he as PM would have been told earlier than the public??

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Nia M - 16-11-2010 06:29 PM

^^ Wouldn't surprise me Tongue (On an aside, wasn't there an episode where someone said the country needed some good news, and someone said something like 'Then arrange a royal wedding for goodness sake'?)

YKYAFOSW... you manage to work Bletchley Park into your personal statement.
(Okay, more obsession with Enigma than Spooks, but it's kind of GCHQ so close enough! Wink)

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Floz - 16-11-2010 08:01 PM

(16-11-2010 06:18 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  

Threat level??? but the threat level has been severe for ages... i'm beginning to wonder if that is the permanent level!!! Suicida

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - tyme4t - 16-11-2010 09:01 PM

(16-11-2010 06:29 PM)Nia M Wrote:  ^^ Wouldn't surprise me Tongue (On an aside, wasn't there an episode where someone said the country needed some good news, and someone said something like 'Then arrange a royal wedding for goodness sake'?)

Sure was! Cool
Spoiler: show
....ep 7.3 when Harry takes Ros, as new section chief) to meet the HS

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Kirayuki - 16-11-2010 09:25 PM

(16-11-2010 10:03 AM)nicky_84 Wrote:  when in certain predicaments you come across during the day you think What Would Harry* Do?

*Insert favourite spook's name

I do that frequently. Tongue

... when you find yourself constantly using anti-surveillance techniques even though you know you aren't being followed. (I must look like i right idiot... daily)

(Admittedly this also turns into ---> when you're going the same way/route as someone in a city you start to think it's a surveillance mission and you don't want to loose them Big Grin).

And before anyone asks, no i'm not a stalker. Tongue

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Floz - 16-11-2010 09:52 PM

(16-11-2010 09:25 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  
(16-11-2010 10:03 AM)nicky_84 Wrote:  when in certain predicaments you come across during the day you think What Would Harry* Do?

*Insert favourite spook's name

I do that frequently. Tongue

... when you find yourself constantly using anti-surveillance techniques even though you know you aren't being followed. (I must look like i right idiot... daily)

(Admittedly this also turns into ---> when you're going the same way/route as someone in a city you start to think it's a surveillance mission and you don't want to loose them Big Grin).

And before anyone asks, no i'm not a stalker. Tongue

Believe me you i get all the weird looks cause i go round double backing on myself in case i have some one following me!!! i end up going past the butchers in my village about 3 times... in different directions... :/

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Obsession - 17-11-2010 10:10 AM

YKYAFOS when you go to write Sam Buxton on the OH&S form as the First Aid officer, instead of the actual Sam working with you that day. Smile

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - nicky_84 - 17-11-2010 10:25 PM

you tell all your family and friends of various episodes and plots and how gripping it is,and they tell you to stop talking,they don't understand,etc like you're a crazy person,but to you they're the crazy ones because they're not watching spooks.

RE: "You know you're a fan of [spooks] when....." (Take 2) - Byatil - 18-11-2010 02:33 AM

When you spend more time thinking about, researching and writing essays on Spooks than you do on your subjects at school... Tongue