Spooks Forum
Ben & Jo - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 6 (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Ben & Jo (/thread-768.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ben & Jo - Nitrus - 23-03-2010 03:06 PM

What did you all think about the Ben/Jo on/off relationship? The only reason Ben was dragged into MI5 was because he got together with Jo.

Sometimes I think Ben was just doing it for the story and kinda suspected Jo as a spy, but on the other hand they made quite a cute couple.

What do you think? Could they have had a future outside of MI5?

RE: Ben & Jo - Simone - 23-03-2010 10:01 PM

I thought they were making a cute couple at first, although I was never really feeling it, to be honest. The only thing I didn't like about Ben was that he often seemed unable to close his mouth.

But then when she found out he was a journalist, Jo was hurt/offended? However, she did later forget about that, didn't she, she even confided in him about her "feelings" due to the job before they were all dragged in by Harry in S06E09. I can't remember her ever being that "close" to him ever again in following episodes. Did she feel guilty? I don't know, anyway, I feel like she let the job take the first place in her life and she shut him out. She didn't allow herself to explore the possibilities of a real relationship between them.

RE: Ben & Jo - lwhite53 - 23-03-2010 10:19 PM

I thought Ben was a stiff and didn't add much to the spooks group. As for Ben and Jo -- she deserved a lot better!

RE: Ben & Jo - Nia M - 23-03-2010 10:30 PM

I didn't think they were great together, although that's probably because I loveds the hints of Zaf/Jo Tongue

RE: Ben & Jo - Simone - 23-03-2010 10:31 PM

Definitely deserved better! If you think that
Series 8 Spoiler: show
in her short life she seemed to have no proper let alone happy relationship it's even sadder

RE: Ben & Jo - lwhite53 - 23-03-2010 10:40 PM

(23-03-2010 10:30 PM)Nia M Wrote:  I didn't think they were great together, although that's probably because I loveds the hints of Zaf/Jo Tongue

Yes, Zaf and Jo --that would have been a great pairing. Forget Ben!

RE: Ben & Jo - Nitrus - 23-03-2010 11:58 PM

@Simone - She might've had happy/long relationships before joining MI5, we don't know much about her pre-MI5 life.

RE: Ben & Jo - allanah - 24-03-2010 05:22 AM

I didn't really like them as a couple cos Ben was Mr No Personality, Zaf and Jo would have been much better.

I thought it was fairly obvious that they had a bit of thing going on in series 6 (though not a strong relationship, more of a casual flirtation kind of thing) but then with the events at the end of series 6 Jo wan't really in a state to have a relationship and things cooled off betwen them because they would have had to have had a fairly robust kind of relationship to withstand that.

I think Ben picked Jo up because he wanted a scoop but they did also seem to care for each other its just their relationship wasn't really my cup of tea as I didn't think the actor playing Ben could act.

RE: Ben & Jo - Beatriz - 24-03-2010 10:09 AM

I never liked Ben, he was like the no feelings man, so... stiff (that's the perfect word to describe it, lwhite53).

I agree with allanah it was just a casual relationships with no feelings involved, and it ended up in a sort of friendship.

RE: Ben & Jo - spooksdreamer - 25-04-2010 05:56 AM

I think it's a bit too straight forward to have ben placed in jo's office..