Spooks Forum
New Doctor Who Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: New Doctor Who Discussion (/thread-791.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - rbs89 - 21-06-2010 12:09 PM

I'm new to doctor who (as in I've only started watching it regularly when MS became the Dr), and i have to say that 5.12 was so amazing I want to watch all the earlier episodes of the show... as ppl have said previously, it was awesome having all the different characters from this season come back especially Rory (even if it wasn't permanent) and River.

I just need 5.13 now so i can get back to my study!!

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Kazters - 24-06-2010 05:11 PM

i saw karen gillian this week! i am from inverness and she was home seeing her mum she was just inches away from me! thankfully she was being left alone as she walked around town! said hi to her mum cos i used to work with her and smiled at karen but that was it!

im loving new who matt is cracking as the doctor but for me it will always be 10 who is my doctor. but i cant wait to see how the Moff gets us out of that cliff hanger!

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - JHyde - 25-06-2010 09:25 AM

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD JUST WATCHED 5.12!!!!!!!

OK, no more caps lock. But seriously. Has there been a more terrifying scene ever in Who than the prospect of the Doctor sealed in that box? Matt Smith was a bloody superstar in that scene. One of the things he does best as this Doctor is the silence and the pauses that he plays as a very mouthy character and that was there again in this episode. But when asked for it, he busted out the big moves. He can do the big moments, Matt Smith is more than capable.

Karen earned her paycheck with that beautiful moment with Rory when she tells him he's staying. Truly lovely.

One of River's and Alex Kingston's better episodes.

My money was on a Doctor duplicate being in the Box. Kinda wrong. OK, totally wrong. But so was anyone who thought Rory was just another boyfriend along for the ride.

Naysayers get off here. I totally loved it. Can't wait to see how it comes home on Sunday morning (my time). I'm really glad I held off watching this until tonight so I didn't have as long to wait!

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Nia M - 25-06-2010 03:25 PM

As terrifying as him being locked there was, the Time Lord Victorious was scarier in my opinion. And the Weeping Angels in Blink...
[Image: 129161887003456071.gif]

I loved the scene at the end there between Rory and Amy

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - YourFutureMuse - 25-06-2010 03:53 PM

Oh my god thats one scary picture Nia haha! I think the weeping angels are my scariest thing Tongue And there is one above a grave in the churchyard near to wear I live I SWEAR! haha

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Nia M - 25-06-2010 08:00 PM

Oh and don't forget
Spoiler: show
anything that holds the image of an Angel becomes and Angel...

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Aria - 27-06-2010 12:00 AM

The Big Bang more than lived up to its name as series finale. Really enjoyed this episode as it tied up some of the seasons loose ends, namely what happened to Amy's family, and set in motion other stuff which will bear fruit at a later date, like River Song and her relationship with the Doctor, who blew up the Tardis? and the Silence.

Loved all the guest actors in this series, but my favourite has to be the actress who plays little Amelia, she has been brilliant throughout. Loved the idea of the universe rebooting itself, the big bang 2 Wink MS was absolutely brilliant in these last 2 episodes and I especially loved when he was going backwards in his own time stream. One of my favourite lines of the whole series is when he's telling little Amelia that she'll think it all a story about "A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away". Just wonderful. Loved Amy and Rory's wedding with her imaginary friend turning up Smile Roll on the Christmas special and the new series.

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Kazters - 27-06-2010 04:30 PM

i liked the finale but i was left waiting for some action! that said it was clever, well acted, well written and well shot! and for a change had a happy ending

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - YourFutureMuse - 27-06-2010 04:58 PM

Yeah I loved the ending. I seriously thought when he went time to say goodbye that Amy and Rory were staying behind! But no so yay. Big Grin
I loved the wedding and the imaginary friend bit - particularly the look on Amy's mother's face haha
Overall a very impressive finale and I am so impressed by MS! And I am also inlove with Karen Gillan, she seems to be a real style icon too and makes me wish I was a redhead haha.

I must admit I doubted MS when I first saw him, looked a bit creepy Tongue I think I relate him still with the guy he played in secret diary of a call girl Tongue Oh and how lucky is Billie Piper getting to be intimate with all 3 new doctors :O But now I do see him as the doctor and he has more than lived up to his predecessor Big Grin

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Nia M - 27-06-2010 05:24 PM

Yep, these last two episodes have redeemed the whole series for me. Was very close to ceasing watching, but there is hope yet!!

Loved last night's episode Big Grin