Spooks Forum
New Doctor Who Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: New Doctor Who Discussion (/thread-791.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - almh - 15-03-2011 06:19 PM

(15-03-2011 04:26 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Aaaaand we have an air date! Doctor Who's new season will air on Saturday 23rd April. For those of you without a calendar, that's the Saturday of Easter weekend.

First bit of good news I've heard all day Smile Can't wait to have something to look forward to every week...

Thought I'd post this here - it's a picture of a Dalek cake I made for my friend's 18th... [attachment=336]

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - BravoNine - 15-03-2011 07:21 PM

I'm jealous, I wish my friends would make me a Dalek cake! Big Grin

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - JHyde - 16-03-2011 05:24 AM

Yeah I saw there was no real time delay for the US fans. I'm guessing we'll be getting them in under a week, probably a Saturday night timeslot again, so about 6 days.

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - HellsBells - 16-03-2011 12:57 PM

That's a really great Dalek cake almh!

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - almh - 19-04-2011 08:21 PM

Thanks Smile

Elizabeth Sladen, Sarah Jane on Doctor Who, has apparently just died of cancer. RIP.

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Forever Secret - 19-04-2011 08:28 PM

It's true Sad
The BBC has just confirmed it
RIP Elizabeth Sladen... you'll be missed Sad

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Kazters - 19-04-2011 09:23 PM

yeah john barrowman says she died this morning im so gutted sarah jane was y first companion and my childhood is littered with memorys of her and tom baker (even though both left before i was born)

apparently she had been ill for a while but it wasnt mentioned to the media RIP lis you will be sorly missed

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - JHyde - 20-04-2011 03:13 AM

I think a few of us want to talk about Lis today. She was the first companion I ever saw on Who, as I started with her seasons back in the 90s when the show wasn't on the air. She had such grace and intelligence as an actress and every interview I ever saw her give she always had the same traits as a person. I loved the history she brought to the re-boot, Tennant put it beautifully back in 2005 when he said that he didn't even have to act opposite her, it was all just *there*, he literally had his own time travel to work alongside her.

She was part of the collective imagination that Who gives us all and I will miss her.

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - almh - 20-04-2011 11:22 AM

She definitely was an amazing person.

Purely by coincidence, I got Doctor Who magazine in the post today, and before I opened it I said to my mum how they wouldn't have known in time to mention her in this one. I opened it, and nearly cried when, purely by coincidence as they could not possible have known in time, it's an entire magazine dedicated to Sarah Jane Smith. :'(

RE: New Doctor Who Discussion - Kazters - 20-04-2011 05:34 PM

my friend gemma and i created at 3.30 this afternoon ajust giving page in memory of Lis and we are now over 500.00! http://www.justgiving.com/inmemoryofelisabethsladen