Spooks Forum
Zaf's death - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 6 (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Zaf's death (/thread-83.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Zaf's death - almh - 06-11-2009 05:35 PM

(05-11-2009 10:32 PM)allanah Wrote:  Agree Zaf's death handled very badly and the whole Zaf/ Jo relationship was handled rather bizarrely. Series 4 there was definately a little romance brewing, esp on Zaf's side with all of the "are you going to move in with me?" questions which just got completely dropped with no explanation.

Poor Jo when she found out about Zaf must have been like - I think I like him, but wait I don't really know because the writers never bothered to tell me how I feel about him and there used to be a little romance going on but I don't where it disappeared to or why....(hmm, I'm confused)

It says in the commentary for one of the episodes where he asks (I think it's 4.9) where they're joking about how Zaf is constantly asking her to move in and they cut the line when she finally said yes.

RE: Zaf's death - RoninExec - 06-11-2009 06:21 PM

Zaf's dead ?Huh

RE: Zaf's death - almh - 06-11-2009 06:22 PM

(06-11-2009 06:21 PM)RoninExec Wrote:  Zaf's dead ?Huh

He died series 6 - his tortured body was found in Pakistan. It was confirmed to be him through dental records.

RE: Zaf's death - RoninExec - 06-11-2009 09:00 PM

Whose dental records ?

RE: Zaf's death - almh - 06-11-2009 10:00 PM

His dental records.

RE: Zaf's death - JHyde - 10-11-2009 08:14 PM

When my sister and I talk about the show, all we ever focus on is Zaf, and how sad his death was, by quite a stretch the most tragic of all the deaths on the team. Jo says in 6.10 that "[he died] alone, in fear and agony", and it's absolutely true. He lost any dignity by being tortured and having information extracted from him, before being killed. And how many times was he passed along?

What's really sad is that Zaf was probably one of the nicest people who worked there over the years, a really great balance between compassion and instinct.

This truly would be your worst nightmare as an officer. It couldn't have been difficult for Miranda to play the pain of those scenes, with Adam in the kitchen, and then in the conference room together.

OK, I was fibbing about Zaf being the only thing my sister and I talk about re: Spooks. We also discuss Richard Armitage's jawline and short legs/long torso. My sister has much love for Armitage.

RE: Zaf's death - femaleBertieWooster - 17-11-2009 03:28 AM

How many episodes was it between when he disappeared and when he was confirmed dead? It seemed like a very long time and he was always in the front of my mind while the other stories progressed, waiting waiting waiting for his return.

When they said he was dead I thought, "get outta here liars" and I also thought "whose dental records" as RoninExec posted.

RE: Zaf's death - almh - 17-11-2009 06:46 AM

Erm, about 8? It was a very long time

RE: Zaf's death - Adam Carter - 17-11-2009 08:07 AM

The last time we saw him was in 6.1.

They confirmed he was dead in 6.10. But by that point, they had all but completely dropped the storyline.

RE: Zaf's death - Kazters - 01-07-2010 06:24 PM

he was mentioned from time to time in s6 but they all assumed/knew he was dead! adam especialy seemed to mention it! im just about to start 6x10 - it will be nic to know for sure but they didnt half draw it out! then again it does give adam something else to be angry about beides ros!

also how can anyone prefer armatage over RPJ LOL! now thats a torso