Spooks Forum
Dodgey Dance-alongs - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Dodgey Dance-alongs (/thread-854.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - A Cousin - 12-05-2010 01:10 PM

(12-05-2010 12:56 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Macarena by those spanish guys. lol. Noone can resist dancing to that!

Neither, apparently, can the Italian Trade Minister!Wink

Another one, Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend. He isn't dodgey, but the song kind of is!

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - Beatriz - 12-05-2010 02:51 PM

(12-05-2010 12:56 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Macarena by those spanish guys. lol. Noone can resist dancing to that!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Suicida Tongue I admit it was very succesful all over the world....
They are called "Los del Río" by the way.

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - Nitrus - 12-05-2010 02:56 PM

That's it! Thanks Bea.

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - YourFutureMuse - 12-05-2010 03:29 PM

Oh yeayy Macarena, Saturday night, that one that Rolf Harris did, that SUPERMAN one hahaha I still pride myself on knowing all the actions haha, remind me of school discos Tongue

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - Beatriz - 12-05-2010 10:50 PM

Sturday night by Wighfield? I remember the other day (maybe it was a year ago...) I was in a bar dancing and out of the blue this song was on, and everybody started dancing it, hahaha and everyone knew the actions, it was so funny, it'd been ages since I last danced it. It was like going back in time.... I wasn't a fan but if you didn't dance that one back then, you were a weirdo!!!

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - JHyde - 13-05-2010 11:54 AM

Have I said Dexy's Midnight Runners' Come On Eileen yet? Less common on an Australian dancefloor than a British one. Judging by British TV shows it still gets played a lot!

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - tyme4t - 13-05-2010 12:23 PM

Has anyone mentioned Neil Diamond yet?!? Exclamation
Sweet Caroline (dun dun duunnnn)
Cherry, Cherry

@JHyde - you beat me to it - Come On Eileen - a "classic"

oh and one more for today - Angel Centerfold by The J. Geils Band

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - JHyde - 13-05-2010 12:36 PM

NO, NO, NO - I hate Neil Diamond!!!! But I also hate Brown Eyed Girl by Van? Morrison. I have always joked that it discriminates against blue eyed women (or green eyed...whatever...).

The point is, you don't have to dance to stuff you don't like.

I mean personally, I HATE Frank Sinatra but I know a lot of people love him. (Strange people, but still....)

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - Jhokur - 13-05-2010 02:51 PM

How about George Thorogood - he's got quite a few... Bad to the Bone, Who Do You Love?, etc.

RE: Dodgey Dance-alongs - JHyde - 14-05-2010 10:42 AM

Jimmy Cliff - You Can Get It If You Really Want

ACDC - You Shook Me All Night Long

Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way

INXS - just about anything, really, but Never Tear Us Apart always gets a good reaction was a big hit for the band worldwide.

And for all the Aussies: The Angels - Are I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again? (insert rude words here)