Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 10-06-2010 09:57 PM

(10-06-2010 09:42 PM)livinglovingmad Wrote:  
(10-06-2010 05:07 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Haha Harry giving birth to Lucas, interesting image Tongue

No wonder RA went "WHAT?!?!?" when he opened the script Wink

Maybe he was so surprised because he found out not only that Harry was his father but also that Ruth was his mother! Wink

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 11-06-2010 11:02 AM

Tantalising, isn't it?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - The Grid - 14-06-2010 10:57 PM

Some interesting speculation going on here...

I've loved how Lucas has been a bit of an enigma since he's arrived on the Grid, but I will be disappointed if he turns out to be a traitor, as we've had this storyline with Connie in Series 7 and they would just be recycling it and it would be too obvious. They've built up this mystery side to his character, so for him to be revealed as a traitor would be a let down and the build up would feel like a waste of time. I'd like him to still be mysterious and ominous in Series 9, with different sides of his personality slowing being unravelled through each story that is told as I believe he is more complex and has more mileage as a character, opposed to Tom and Adam. A Harry/Lucas showdown does sound tempting though!

If there is a traitor, it definetly wouldn't be Harry or Ruth. I know Spooks likes to surprise us, but that would be way too far fetched. We've known their characters from the beginning near enough and they aren't capable of such a big betrayal. However, I guess it would be effective as the viewers would feel as betrayed as the characters... we've known their characters for so long and they've made us believe in them, that they are good, trustworthy and honest.. to have that belief taken away from us, for Ruth to be revealed as a traitor for example would result in us feeling upset, betrayed and cheated that we were fooled.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 21-06-2010 07:40 PM

Ok, I'm going to speculate some more. I'm still sticking to my idea that Harry could be Lucas' father but now with talk of S9 being about genetics, an old flame of Lucas' coming back,and a fight having taken place in a childrens play area in a park, I wonder whether Lucas North has a child out there that he didn't know existed. Just speculating again. If I keep guessing, surely one idea will turn out to be true?? Angel

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - katiealice49 - 21-06-2010 09:20 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted but I looked through another series 9 thread to see if it had and when I realised it hadn't, I also realised the thread had been closed.

So anyway, http://sophia-media.org/photo/displayimage.php?album=381&pid=26773#top_display_media read the "EPS 2/8". Does this mean we're only getting 8 episodes?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - tyme4t - 22-06-2010 12:50 AM

(21-06-2010 07:40 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Ok, I'm going to speculate some more. I'm still sticking to my idea that Harry could be Lucas' father but now with talk of S9 being about genetics, an old flame of Lucas' coming back,and a fight having taken place in a childrens play area in a park, I wonder whether Lucas North has a child out there that he didn't know existed. Just speculating again. If I keep guessing, surely one idea will turn out to be true?? Angel

I was also thinking of the old flame and Lucas' having a child with her that he does not know existed - glad to see that it crossed someone else's mind too...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Nia M - 22-06-2010 09:34 AM

(21-06-2010 09:20 PM)katiealice49 Wrote:  Sorry if this has already been posted but I looked through another series 9 thread to see if it had and when I realised it hadn't, I also realised the thread had been closed.

So anyway, http://sophia-media.org/photo/displayimage.php?album=381&pid=26773#top_display_media read the "EPS 2/8". Does this mean we're only getting 8 episodes?
Probably Sad We've only had 8 episodes for the last two series, and with budget cuts and all that I doubt they'd go back to 10 episodes Sad
Actually, on second glance, that looks more like a 3 than an 8. Maybe it's episode 2/3 of Block 1? Maybe there is still hope!! Tongue

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Simone - 22-06-2010 10:01 AM

As of last week (June 15) 2 episodes remain to be filmed.

Sophia Myles is listed as Spooks cast member on IMDb. Full character name: Beth Bailey

This is the correct information - contrary to her agency listing her as Jamie. My speculation is that maybe Jamie is one of her spy names??

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Sporadico - 22-06-2010 10:28 AM

Thanks Simone. Beth Bailey... okay.... I can work with that...

Some writers (S9 eps 2 & 3) and directors (S9 eps 1,2,3) listed on those IMDB links too.

Exciting, makes it feel realer!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Simone - 22-06-2010 10:50 AM

Episode #2 by David Farr - who also wrote the excellent episodes #4 of S05 & S08 Big Grin