Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - JHyde - 25-06-2010 02:58 AM

I have to be honest. If this storyline is as you guys are talking, i.e. - Lucas has a love child, then I won't be impressed. I mean, c'mon.

Unless we find out the love child is involved in bad things, in which case it might possibly work.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 25-06-2010 11:20 AM

Let's face it, it's pure speculation only. None of us know, or if someone does, they're (correctly) keeping it quiet. And "a traitor" isn't certain either, it's the "ultimate betrayal" - not sure they're the same thing.

But as it's been a big few days in Oz, I reckon Lucas finds out that he's really the Prime Minister (not who he thought he was!) There! Silba

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 25-06-2010 11:46 AM

(25-06-2010 02:58 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I have to be honest. If this storyline is as you guys are talking, i.e. - Lucas has a love child, then I won't be impressed. I mean, c'mon.

Unless we find out the love child is involved in bad things, in which case it might possibly work.

Oh no JHyde, we had only just got as far as speculating about him having a child and quite agree, that story on it's own, would be a bit dull. So yes, there would have to be a big twist there.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 25-06-2010 02:36 PM

This is from someone who is still new to S8, but ever since Lucas got back in 7.1, I have had the niggling feeling that there is something that Harry knows about Lucas' past that Harry has chosen keep from Lucas. As in, it has either been brainwashed out of Lucas or some sort of traumatic amnesia. I don't think Harry is just suspicious of Lucas. There's "something else." If it is that Lucas is Harry's son, its got to be more than that. Something that intertwines plot and character.

Maybe Ruth and Lucas are related and working together to betray Harry? They both have those arresting blue eyes.... Just sayin'.

- I want more character development of Lucas. I was on board with him in S7 but lost him in S8.
- I want more development with Tariq. Lets not go down the Zaf road with Tariq. There is so much dramatic potential there. Develop it for goodness sake!
- I want Malcolm back. Seems I will get my wish there, at least for a bit.
- I want more droll black humor.
- I want them to address the 800 flippin' pound gorilla in the room that is Harry and Ruth's "relationship" in an mature and adult fashion as befits their previous development. I don't want it sappy. I don't want it conspicuous. I almost want them to get it together off screen. e.g. something horrible happens that forces Ruth to finally take the ball Harry firmly tossed in her court in 8.4, she simply shows up at his door, he opens it, meaningful look of shared understanding exchanged, he lets her in, door closes, fade to black. If there has to be a scene, pay Silktie for Home Is Where The Heart Is, that was lovely. Smile
- I want them to make plot decisions based on the most compelling dramatic choice and not based on sympathy or convention. Which is why I *almost* like the idea of Ruth betraying Harry.
- I want them to maintain good balance between plot/character development as well as ensemble/individual acting opportunities.
- I want more characters. With the exception of Ben, they have always been able to replace compelling characters with equally compelling, if sometimes completely different, characters. Tom => Adam, Adam => Lucas, Zoe => Fiona, Fiona => Jo, Ruth => Connie, Danny => Zaf. And in the very successful case of Ros, even bring one in from left field.
- I want them to continue to surprise me. Again and again and again. But not with someones death: real or imagined. That is now officially predictable. Malcolm's "dog tired" departure was the best in a long time.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 25-06-2010 04:41 PM

(25-06-2010 02:36 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  - I want them to address the 800 flippin' pound gorilla in the room that is Harry and Ruth's "relationship" in an mature and adult fashion as befits their previous development. I don't want it sappy. I don't want it conspicuous. I almost want them to get it together off screen. e.g. something horrible happens that forces Ruth to finally take the ball Harry firmly tossed in her court in 8.4, she simply shows up at his door, he opens it, meaningful look of shared understanding exchanged, he lets her in, door closes, fade to black. If there has to be a scene, pay Silktie for Home Is Where The Heart Is, that was lovely. Smile

They can blatantly plagiarise it and I wouldn't give a toss if it finally got Harry and Ruth together. Tongue

- I want there NOT to be a traitor on the Grid. Been there, done that. More than once.
- I hope season 9 starts not long after season 8 ended, because I don't want them to brush over the possible deaths of Ros and the HS. I also want them to conclude the Nightingale storyline satisfactorily.
- I want the main bad guys to be someone other than the CIA for a change. There are many other sneaky intelligence forces out there. Heck, I'd take the Swiss or the Canadians, as long as it's not the Americans again. How about giving us an honest, decent CIA representative, that no-one from the Grid sleeps with, to help our team in the coming season? Now that would be a big shock.
-

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - lwhite53 - 25-06-2010 05:32 PM

(25-06-2010 04:41 PM)Silktie Wrote:  - I want the main bad guys to be someone other than the CIA for a change. There are many other sneaky intelligence forces out there. Heck, I'd take the Swiss or the Canadians, as long as it's not the Americans again. How about giving us an honest, decent CIA representative, that no-one from the Grid sleeps with, to help our team in the coming season? Now that would be a big shock.

I'm on board with this! The CIA isn't my favorite organization, but there must be one or two honorable American agents who really want to help defeat terrorism rather than screw the mice.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 25-06-2010 08:33 PM

(25-06-2010 05:32 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I'm on board with this! The CIA isn't my favorite organization, but there must be one or two honorable American agents who really want to help defeat terrorism rather than screw the mice.

Hallelujah and amen sister! Over all I don't mind the negative portrayal of the CIA and by extension Americans. Some of it is true, most of it isn't. We all know that. It's just that it has been done and done double.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - arctic - 25-06-2010 08:59 PM

Not the Canadians, surely! They're very nice people. And the Swiss, aren't they supposed to be neutral? Maybe it could be Scandinavians looking for a warmer clime?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Nia M - 25-06-2010 09:07 PM

Also, can we not have a friendly person over in 6 who doesn't come over to Section D...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - tyme4t - 27-06-2010 01:16 PM

(25-06-2010 08:59 PM)arctic Wrote:  Not the Canadians, surely! They're very nice people. And the Swiss, aren't they supposed to be neutral? Maybe it could be Scandinavians looking for a warmer clime?

Yes Canadians are very nice people - (please ignore the violent protesters in Toronto for the G8/G20 summit Confused)
But I would totally get a kick out of a CSIS agent going rogue! Wink

I think that with the new characters coming on, S9 will bring back the group dynamics & tension on The Grid...everyone worked well together last series which was "nice" - but let's see if the new people can cause some professional rivalry/tension.