Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - livinglovingmad - 28-06-2010 11:09 PM

(27-06-2010 01:16 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  Yes Canadians are very nice people - (please ignore the violent protesters in Toronto for the G8/G20 summit Confused)
But I would totally get a kick out of a CSIS agent going rogue! Wink

I wouldn't mind a Canadian being the bad guy! It would be hilarious! Vueltasss

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Katja - 28-06-2010 11:32 PM

(28-06-2010 11:09 PM)livinglovingmad Wrote:  
(27-06-2010 01:16 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  Yes Canadians are very nice people - (please ignore the violent protesters in Toronto for the G8/G20 summit Confused)
But I would totally get a kick out of a CSIS agent going rogue! Wink

I wouldn't mind a Canadian being the bad guy! It would be hilarious! Vueltasss

:lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing an Australian agent taken down--a little bit of payback for that Sarah Caulfield accent travesty

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - picard1109 - 29-06-2010 08:15 AM

Well, the Australian government has just had what was effectively a bloodless coup, which the take down of Kevin Rudd - to be replaced by someone remarkably like Juliet, by the look of her! Of course, I could be wrong - she could be a total sweetheart, but you don't get to the top of a political party by playing nice.

Given that the CIA (with British complicity) took down the Whitlam government in the '70s, it's entirely plausible that security services could be involved in the current "coup". Or it might just be what it looks like on the surface: a political party changing leaders mid-term because their ratings have dropped...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 29-06-2010 11:19 AM

Correct, picard1109. Polls falling, election not far away, Rudd not listening...result: Julia Gillard is our first woman PM. She's tough, clever and intelligent.
And yes, the CIA were involved in the overthrow of the Whitlam Government in 1975. A good idea for a Spooks plot, especially if Lucas comes to Australia...(stand in line behind me, ladies)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Simone - 29-06-2010 10:20 PM

I read on Twitter (for what it's worth) that Season 9 will have 8 episodes (again.... kind of expected but still disappointing) and that it actually might come back as early as September!!!! Even though that is supposed to be strictly rumour it definitely got my hopes up!!!!!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Maike - 30-06-2010 06:34 AM

I wondered that, too, because some journalists who have interviewed RA for Spooks recently tweeted that they cannot publish the interviews before August/September.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 30-06-2010 07:04 AM

(30-06-2010 06:34 AM)Maike Wrote:  I wondered that, too, because some journalists who have interviewed RA for Spooks recently tweeted that they cannot publish the interviews before August/September.

Yes I mentioned this on another thread and hope it's September as well. The late start date last year, which was supposed to be October, then it got rescheduled without explanation to November, was too late for Spooks. It ended up having to compete with ratings for three weeks with I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here which gets well over 10 million viewers a time. Also It clashed with the run up to Christmas when a lot of people are not in watching TV. I guess the best time to get as high ratings as possible, is a mid-September start date. As you say, the indications are that we may get this.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - JHyde - 30-06-2010 02:28 PM

I also agree that the latter half of season 8 (the much better half, with the exception of 8.1) really suffered due to its being so close to Christmas. If the new season is to have any chance ratings wise, the BBC needs to get behind it much earlier. As well as being up against IACGMOOH. The acronym for which is much better than the show itself.

So I'm speculating the BBC learned from its mistakes. At least, I really hope it did. That or they're having a very drawn out press push.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 30-06-2010 03:22 PM

(30-06-2010 02:28 PM)JHyde Wrote:  So I'm speculating the BBC learned from its mistakes. At least, I really hope it did.

Yes you would hope so wouldn't you.

There was another tweet again today from Helen James Productions who seem to be doing the DVD extra's for S9. It appears they are still filming on the Grid. I thought filming was usually finished in June? Anyway I hope they are editing as they go along to give us that September start date.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Simone - 30-06-2010 03:56 PM

Filming wraps on July 15