Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 10-07-2010 10:29 AM

I think we're all being led up the garden path.

Spooks has been very good in the past about keeping future developments under wraps.

I just can't believe Richard Armitage could be dropping so many hints - in some interviews he even appears to contradict himself.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Kazters - 10-07-2010 10:37 AM

i wonder if he is being told to do that - i know dean andrews from ashes to ashes did things like that

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Nia M - 10-07-2010 11:48 AM

I hope they don't go down the whole 'Lucas is a double agent' route again - it's been done three times before, with Ros, Juliet and Connie, and as you say it'd be very difficult to surpass those. Admittedly Lucas is a prime candidate for turning / having been turned, but the fact that he always (so far anyway) appears to come back to 5 is a great part of his character in my opinion.

Slight aside, but if they have a psychological trauma recuperation centre in Tring, I wonder if they (in real life) would use the army recuperation facility at Headley Court?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - LucasNorth#1 - 10-07-2010 03:17 PM

Guys, I really think some of you need to wise-up, I honestly do, and I mean that in the nicest way possible (whilst of course remembering everyone is entitled to their opinion!)

Of course I don't know this for absolutely sure - but - Ros is meant to be dead, along with Andrew Lawrence. Hermione Norris has not been spotted filming, in fact for most of the time Spooks 9 has been in production she has been abroad working on a new series for ITV.

The return of Robert Glenister but not necessarily as a politician points towards either Iain Glen or Simon Russell Beale portraying the new Home Secretary with perhaps the other featuring as an enemy or opponent, perhaps something to do with Albany (the folder or document which Richard Armitage has mentioned that the team are after).

The team line-up will be something along the lines of:

Harry, Lucas, Beth, Dmitri, Ruth, Tariq and potentially Malcolm if those (fairly strong) rumours are to be believed.

Of course we will have to wait and see, but for me, there is zero chance of Ros or Andrew returning.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Kazters - 10-07-2010 03:30 PM

^ you are entirly right of course but not all filming is A spotted and B outside no one would have known john simm was back in dr who if it wasnt for one set pic taken by accident! but i think we all know she is gone we just dont want her to be!

im not looking forward to lots of new people in one go

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - LucasNorth#1 - 10-07-2010 03:36 PM

I'm just trying to be realistic in a time when reading back this thread a few of the things people have suggested have been slightly over the top to be honest, and so I'm not going to be majorly disappointed come October.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Maike - 10-07-2010 06:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that RA was told to say exactly what he did say. It was great publicity for Spooks that he did so many interviews for Strike Back and could talk about Spooks as well. And in the end he gave away nothing of substance, he just drove us all mad! As it has been officially announced that HN is in the new Kudos/BBC show Outcasts and currently filming it is hardly a spoiler that she is not around.

However she could very well have survived the explosion and make an exit early in series 9 (saving Harry's life at Foxhills???). Until now everyone has survived the cliffhanger and and those that wanted to leave did so early in the new series (MM, RPJ, MR) and got a proper good-bye by everyone mourning them, I doubt that series 9 start half a year later with no mention of Ros's fate at all. And RA mentioned the Nightingale storyline will be wrapped up and the home secretary/RG will make an appearance, so episode one may deal (partly) with the aftermath of the explosion.

MTA: I'm pretty sure RA mention somewhere that episode one deals with a cargo ship (explosion on a cargo ship?) so that is probably when the piracy expert comes into play.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 10-07-2010 08:14 PM

(10-07-2010 06:46 PM)Maike Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that RA was told to say exactly what he did say. It was great publicity for Spooks that he did so many interviews for Strike Back and could talk about Spooks as well. And in the end he gave away nothing of substance, he just drove us all mad! As it has been officially announced that HN is in the new Kudos/BBC show Outcasts and currently filming it is hardly a spoiler that she is not around.

I totally agree with you on this! He must have been briefed about what to say - I just can't imagine him walking around giving away any really important things about the plot.

And where Ros is concerned: as far as I can remember you could see only one part of the building collapse, so maybe she managed to escape to the other part just in time?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Simone - 12-07-2010 10:36 PM

The Foxhill photos are from when they were shooting episode 2

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 13-07-2010 07:59 PM

I'm dreading Series 9 with all this rumored talk about Lucas not being who he really is and apparently a stunt double for Richard was seeing being chased by Max Brown and Sophia Myles's characters during one of the filming shoots. Something about the double not being Lucas but believed to be Lucas.

Oh this better not be one of those evil twin storylines, like real Lucas still in Russian prison, fake Lucas was brought back. That would not make me very amused....

Please don't let Lucas be evil, that would ruin the character and probably send me to a catatonic state. So not cool....