Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - age1021 - 14-07-2010 04:56 PM

Series 9 Spoiler: show
I am hoping that they are doing what they did with Tom (him being set up by Herman Joyce) if they are going that route. I am hoping that they come up with something new, but Spooks insists on re-hashing things...Dodgy

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - TygerBright - 14-07-2010 05:19 PM

(13-07-2010 07:59 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  I'm dreading Series 9 with all this rumored talk about Lucas not being who he really is and apparently a stunt double for Richard was seeing being chased by Max Brown and Sophia Myles's characters during one of the filming shoots. Something about the double not being Lucas but believed to be Lucas.

Oh this better not be one of those evil twin storylines, like real Lucas still in Russian prison, fake Lucas was brought back. That would not make me very amused....

Please don't let Lucas be evil, that would ruin the character and probably send me to a catatonic state. So not cool....

If that was supposed to be a stunt double for RA/Lucas I'd either need glasses or a HUGE portion of suspended disbelief..
and while I obviously don't want him to be "evil" I could probably accept it (after an extende phase of denial) as long as the story behind it is really good.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - molecatcher - 14-07-2010 06:03 PM

(10-07-2010 03:36 PM)LucasNorth#1 Wrote:  I'm just trying to be realistic in a time when reading back this thread a few of the things people have suggested have been slightly over the top to be honest, and so I'm not going to be majorly disappointed come October.

Personally I find the speculation on this thread as entertaining as the show. Obviously some is lighthearted and some heartfelt but it certainly gives me a smile. Also, I don't think anyone knows that Ros is dead so Episode 1 is going to be enthralling for that outcome alone.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 14-07-2010 10:06 PM

(14-07-2010 04:56 PM)age1021 Wrote:  
I am hoping that they are doing what they did with Tom (him being set up by Herman Joyce) if they are going that route. I am hoping that they come up with something new, but Spooks insists on re-hashing things...Dodgy

I wondered that too. [Speculation only] Lucas could be "set up" as the traitor, but in fact the opposite is true and Max and Sophia's characters (real traitors) are after him. The "not who we think he is" may be something else again.

But I can't help feeling Lucas's incarceration and torture have to play a bigger part. There'd have to be some sort of "brainwashing" after 8 years in prison, and he could be a sleeper, turned by a "trigger word/signal." I hope not though, Lucas as traitor/betrayer is too obvious.

It's fun to speculate. How long before it's shown over there? September now? (We're still waiting for Series 8 in Oz...sigh...)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 14-07-2010 11:35 PM

(14-07-2010 10:06 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  
(14-07-2010 04:56 PM)age1021 Wrote:  

I wondered that too. [Speculation only] Lucas could be "set up" as the traitor, but in fact the opposite is true and Max and Sophia's characters (real traitors) are after him. The "not who we think he is" may be something else again.

But I can't help feeling Lucas's incarceration and torture have to play a bigger part. There'd have to be some sort of "brainwashing" after 8 years in prison, and he could be a sleeper, turned by a "trigger word/signal." I hope not though, Lucas as traitor/betrayer is too obvious.

It's fun to speculate. How long before it's shown over there? September now? (We're still waiting for Series 8 in Oz...sigh...)

I actually think if they went with the whole "brainwashing" and being turned by certain "trigger" words may actually be interesting. Lucas would play the part of a traitor and answer the whole He-Is-Not-Who-We-Think-He-Is thing. I mean, they can write it that after 8 years inside a prison, he was basically being brainwashed and "re-programmed" with certain trigger words planted into his subconscious so that when the words are uttered, he can't help but subconsciously react, thereby turning him into a sleeper agent. It would be the perfect weapon for the Russians to use against MI5. In that way, he would be a traitor, but not a willing traitor, so he can still remain a good guy!!

Maybe then we can get a scene of Harry and Lucas finally hashing out their feelings over what happened 8 years ago, and maybe Harry helps Lucas break the spell, then we can have a Kodak moment!!!Smile

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Maike - 15-07-2010 08:11 AM

I think the traitor/not traitor and "he is not what you think" may be two different things. The latter could have something to do with his identity, not being a minister's son from Cumbria after all but something pretty mad.

It does not make sense to make him a traitor like Connie, someone who has always and consciously been a mole and only acted loyal to keep her cover. Connie wasn't a very well developed character (a great baddie nonetheless), we know so much more about Lucas than about her! We saw how he has always been loyal to MI5 in his dealings with the Russians. It could be the basically innocent brainwashed sleeper thing (and that would even allow him to realise what has happened to him at some point and turn against those that "programmed" him) or something happens that make him loose his faith in MI5/Harry and seek revenge. If it is bad enough it would be a believable motivation and not out of character.

Whatever it is, I fully expect Lucas to be in the cliffhanger/his fate left open, as RA has not mentioned Spooks10 when asked about future plans but nothing seems to be definite for next year either so it may all depend on how other projects play out. It would not be the first time that they persuade someone who is available to come back.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 16-07-2010 06:01 AM

It worries me when come Series 9 that there will be 5 more new actors/actresses joining the established cast of at least 4 characters from the last Series. That would bring the number up to 9, and that certainly doesn't seem to bode well, especially with all this rumor of Lucas being a traitor. And to think we were thinking last Series that Harry didn't have any field agents other than Ros and Lucas saving the world, clearly Harry is going through a recruiting phase now.

The article in this link talks of an unprecedented game of cat and mouse and the newbies ruffling some feathers with friendships being tested and no one knowing who is deceptive.

As if I didn't enough to worry about. Lucas better survive the season, I will be very angry if they killed him off and give everything to the newbies.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 16-07-2010 09:56 AM

(15-07-2010 08:11 AM)Maike Wrote:  I think the traitor/not traitor and "he is not what you think" may be two different things. The latter could have something to do with his identity, not being a minister's son from Cumbria after all but something pretty mad.

Whatever it is, I fully expect Lucas to be in the cliffhanger/his fate left open, as RA has not mentioned Spooks10 when asked about future plans but nothing seems to be definite for next year either so it may all depend on how other projects play out. It would not be the first time that they persuade someone who is available to come back.

Who knows whose son Lucas really is!

It's true that RA hasn't mentioned Spooks10 so far, but maybe that's because at present it's not certain that there actually will be a season 10.
And if he should be involved in the cliffhanger (which I think is definitely possible) then he can't really say that he will continue with Spooks. If we all know Lucas will return it wouldn't be a cliffhanger any more, would it? In any case I think it would be wise for him to leave the option open to return!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 16-07-2010 02:11 PM

(16-07-2010 01:31 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  I'm half sad, half excited, half confused (Smile) now.. while that scene promises some action (which RA said Lucas would do less in series 9) I still refuse to believe that a) the man in the hoddie is supposed to be Lucas, b) he was chased and shot at because he turned bad, and c) who, in that case, he works for since I wouldn't buy a Russian sleeper agent plot line.
Aaaaaargh.. suspense is deein' ma heid in..

I think MB does shout Lucas but for all we know MB and SM could be the bad guys here, or Lucas has been set up and has to flee. It has to be something major though for a kill order to have been put out on Lucas (by Harry or someone higher?) Surely being a Russian sleeper per se, would not have half of section D and SO19 after you, with guns? It has to be something much bigger than that. IMO.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 16-07-2010 02:29 PM

(16-07-2010 02:11 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(16-07-2010 01:31 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  I'm half sad, half excited, half confused (Smile) now.. while that scene promises some action (which RA said Lucas would do less in series 9) I still refuse to believe that a) the man in the hoddie is supposed to be Lucas, b) he was chased and shot at because he turned bad, and c) who, in that case, he works for since I wouldn't buy a Russian sleeper agent plot line.
Aaaaaargh.. suspense is deein' ma heid in..

I think MB does shout Lucas but for all we know MB and SM could be the bad guys here, or Lucas has been set up and has to flee. It has to be something major though for a kill order to have been put out on Lucas (by Harry or someone higher?) Surely being a Russian sleeper per se, would not have half of section D and SO19 after you, with guns? It has to be something much bigger than that. IMO.

Maybe it's harmless, maybe it's just that Lucas stole Harry's favorite tie or something, and Harry got really upset and sensitive about it, maybe it was Harry's most favorite tie. Maybe Harry's on a revenge streak about it?Huh

I'd much rather think that Lucas is being set up as doing something wrong rather than him actually doing something wrong. Lucas must survive!

What are they trying to do, clean the Grid again of old timers and fill it with newbies?