Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - TygerBright - 16-07-2010 08:37 PM

now THAT is giving writers ideas Tongue
don't know, maybe some renegade Russian oligarch on MI6's payroll lends them his pet sharks...(that does sooooo not makes sense, blame it on the heat Smile)
as for writers and opposite directions - maybe reverse psychology helps then.. I'll keep thinking (and writing) about the worst possible cases (Lucas being Connie's son, building a nuclear bomb, killing Harry, kidnapping the Queen (or her corgis), blackmailing the HS, auditioning on X-Factor, working as a callboy...) and they'll make him one of the GoodGuys...
Suspense is the worst, and frequently dropped hints...
I still keep thinking about that Michael Biehn movie where a quiet watchmaker finds out he used to be a CIA assassin... maybe in reality Lucas is a quiet watchmaker?!?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 16-07-2010 09:10 PM

(16-07-2010 08:03 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  I agree with TygerBright that we haven't learn enough of Lucas, there is so much more they can do with this character through his imprisonment, his relationships with everyone both in Moscow and in MI5, and his old life before he was captured, and the fact that he's got such a long history with Harry and MI5 makes it that much more interesting. I really want to see this Harry/Lucas relationship developed more, they say Lucas used to be the best, he was Harry's protege, clearly something must have clicked for them for that bond to work. At least before Lucas goes away for good, resolve the Harry/Lucas relationship so that we know where each of them stand.

Okies, no more ideas for the writers to bite on, next thing we know, we will be seeing Lucas in a shark tank, and as amusing as it sounds, I really would like Lucas to be alive. Big Grin

For me that would be the main thing - that he survives Spooks 9 and we can hope for him to return in season 10!
And of course I would love to learn more about him and to see more of the Lucas/Harry relationship. If he should suddenly decide to work against the British government and MI5 it would only make sense if there was a very good reason for it (like them being infiltrated by Russian moles), which then again would make him in fact the good guy.
Without Lucas there won't be any more Spooks for me!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 16-07-2010 10:36 PM

I should probably let this go but I can't. I think I have been misunderstood.

For the record, when I wrote that I "appreciate" RA "talents," I did not mean it sarcastically. I meant that he is a very handsome man and, shallow old lady that I am, I appreciate his "talents," e.g. physical attractions. On a more mature level, I have been a fan of RA's acting talents since North & South in which he was nothing less than brilliant.

You will also note that I wrote that I also think that the character of Lucas has been grossly under-developed thus far. Lucas is a fascinating character that deserves more development and he hasn't received it. However, every character has a expiration date - every one of them if only b/c the show will eventually be canceled. I am not suggesting in any way that Lucas should be booted until this happens or RA chooses to go. As with Zaf, I would be disappointed with Kudos et al if they did.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 17-07-2010 03:25 AM

(16-07-2010 08:37 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  now THAT is giving writers ideas Tongue
don't know, maybe some renegade Russian oligarch on MI6's payroll lends them his pet sharks...(that does sooooo not makes sense, blame it on the heat Smile)

This coming from the person with the banner that has Lucas and sharks?Rolleyes And you're saying I am giving them ideas? LOL!Smile

(16-07-2010 08:37 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  as for writers and opposite directions - maybe reverse psychology helps then.. I'll keep thinking (and writing) about the worst possible cases (Lucas being Connie's son, building a nuclear bomb, killing Harry, kidnapping the Queen (or her corgis), blackmailing the HS, auditioning on X-Factor, working as a callboy...) and they'll make him oe of the GoodGuys...
Suspense is the worst, and frequently dropped hints...
I still keep thinking about that Michael Bienh movie where a quiet watchmaker finds out he used to be a CIA assassin... maybe in reality Lucas is a quiet watchmaker?!?

Now who's giving the writers ideas?Silba

Although I have to admit, I really like the auditioning for X-Factor!!Yahoo I'd vote for him!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 17-07-2010 06:01 AM

I like dognapping the Queen's corgis. That's priceless!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 17-07-2010 05:29 PM

(17-07-2010 06:01 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  I like dognapping the Queen's corgis. That's priceless!

Do you think that's a criminal offense?Huh Maybe it'll offend the Queen and she will order his execution at Stonehenge, and then all the Lucas fangirls and boys will run to his rescue!Cool

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - deebab - 17-07-2010 07:33 PM

I don't want to see Richard leave spooks. What I hope happens is.....
Lucas is still actually being detained by the Russians and the character we think is Lucas is actually his twin brother Bob who is not such a good guy and has been corrupted by the Russians. If the script writers could tie up both of Richards Spooks characters that would be really clever Idea and give Richard the opportunity to come back in series 10 as the genuine Lucas.......

This theory however cannot explain the torture flashbacks we have seen Lucas have over previous series - er maybe I need to think this through again...... Dodgy

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Elphie - 17-07-2010 07:45 PM

(17-07-2010 07:33 PM)deebab Wrote:  Lucas is still actually being detained by the Russians and the character we think is Lucas is actually his twin brother Bob who is not such a good guy and has been corrupted by the Russians. If the script writers could tie up both of Richards Spooks characters that would be really clever Idea and give Richard the opportunity to come back in series 10 as the genuine Lucas.......

I thought this was really funny and who knows it might actually happen!!! Silba would be funny don't you think??Vueltasss

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - TygerBright - 17-07-2010 08:12 PM

(17-07-2010 07:33 PM)deebab Wrote:  I don't want to see Richard leave spooks. What I hope happens is.....
Lucas is still actually being detained by the Russians and the character we think is Lucas is actually his twin brother Bob who is not such a good guy and has been corrupted by the Russians. If the script writers could tie up both of Richards Spooks characters that would be really clever Idea and give Richard the opportunity to come back in series 10 as the genuine Lucas.......

This theory however cannot explain the torture flashbacks we have seen Lucas have over previous series - er maybe I need to think this through again...... Dodgy

Bob? BOB!?!?!?!!?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - deebab - 17-07-2010 08:17 PM

Wasnt Richards character in Spooks series one "Traitor's Gate" called - Armed Police Officer Bob
Thats what it says in wikipedia??