Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 22-07-2010 01:04 AM

(21-07-2010 09:29 PM)WhiteSwan Wrote:  
(21-07-2010 03:32 PM)Silktie Wrote:  If we are going to have a "Lucas as a traitor" storyline - and I'm not convinced of this at all - I don't think it's going to be for Russia. It's just not logical for them to have this storyline only two seasons after we had the exact same thing with Connie. So I'm thinking he could have been involved in something shady before being recruited by MI5 - but something criminal rather than traitorous. This would explain the flashbacks they're filming. Perhaps someone from that past (the ex-girlfriend mentioned?) tries to blackmail him into doing something treacherous, perhaps on behalf of the Chinese.

I find your idea interesting and definitely more plausible than anything along the line of "Lucas as a Russian double agent".
But in my opinion there are two arguments against it:
1. Certainly anyone who is recruited to work for MI5 is thoroughly checked through. So they should find out if someone has a criminal background!
2. Lucas has been portrayed as someone with high moral standards. As far as I remember this was even mentioned in the commentary to 7.8. (but I have to admit I just read that somewhere, I have to go back and check the commentary myself). So in a way it would be contrary to his character to have been involved in anything shady.

He has proven his loyalty to MI5 and Harry on a number of occasions, so it's difficult to imagine anything that could turn him against them. Maybe if he found out that Harry/MI5 had done something terrible like selling him to the Russians or killing a member of his family (not my idea originally, again it's something I read somewhere) - this could lead to him fighting against MI5. But this would then make Harry the bad guy and I don't think that's very likely.

Still the question remains: why is MI5 apparently trying to kill Lucas?
Was he framed by someone in section D? Did someone frame Harry (in the sense of telling Lucas lies about him so that Lucas would then be out trying to kill Harry)? Huh

I too have a hard time believing that Lucas would be without a soul and be not loyal. He has proven again and again how no matter what, his loyalty is still with Harry and MI5, unless they actually betrayed him, I can't see any other reason for Lucas to turn.

Maybe once again there is a mole in Section D, maybe they suspect Lucas or someone else framed Lucas, or maybe Lucas and Harry planned something for Lucas to smoke out the mole?

I just can't see another Lucas-Is-The-Mole storyline, I mean, just how many times already have they done the whole "we suspect Lucas is a double agent", seriously, it's like every series and every other episode there's someone who thinks Lucas is a traitor. Geesh!Dodgy

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - TygerBright - 22-07-2010 03:09 PM

let me utter a sacrilegeous thought - what if Lucas had been planted at 5 to discover/draw out the Über-mole (who turns out to be Harry Tongue)?!?
*ducks and runs for cover*
not sure how the 8 years could be explained but...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Maike - 22-07-2010 03:22 PM

I keep thinking, RA said the secret of Lucas "identity" is connected to Maya and she is supposed to be an "old flame, possibly his first love" so I guess she has known him when he was teenager, long before he joined MI5 or could get involved into anything spy-related. So that makes me think that this "identity" has either to do with an unusual family background Maya knows about or he has been given a new identity at some point and she hasn't known him as Lucas North. Remember that Fiona got a new name after she left her Syrian husband and married Adam.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 22-07-2010 03:52 PM

I have not really been following the recent speculation about Lucas but what if Lucas North is dead. Wait. What if Lucas North died in that 1995 explosion in Africa. The real Lucas North's ex turns up in London and finds that someone has taken his identity i.e. OUR Lucas and it all comes out.

Perhaps OUR Lucas has amnesia, also as a result of that explosion in Africa. Perhaps someone set up OUR Lucas as they knew the real Lucas North to be some spy or asset, to try and get a mole into the service.

Or, perhaps Harry switched the real Lucas North, using the explosion as a cover, and gave the wrong Lucas (OUR Lucas with amnesia) to the Russians who thought they had captured a prized asset. The real Lucas North is out there alive. It took Harry 8 years to get OUR Lucas back because he didn't want it to come out. OUR Lucas North is a nobody, and wasn't worth swapping Russian agents for.

Just an idea. Angel

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 22-07-2010 06:38 PM

(22-07-2010 03:09 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  let me utter a sacrilegeous thought - what if Lucas had been planted at 5 to discover/draw out the Über-mole (who turns out to be Harry Tongue)?!?
*ducks and runs for cover*
not sure how the 8 years could be explained but...

Another double double bluff? LOL! MI5 will have to REALLY re-vet their entire staff if Harry is a Uber-mole, more like the world is just gonna literally collapse and everyone will die.....end of story! POOF!Silba

(22-07-2010 03:22 PM)Maike Wrote:  I keep thinking, RA said the secret of Lucas "identity" is connected to Maya and she is supposed to be an "old flame, possibly his first love" so I guess she has known him when he was teenager, long before he joined MI5 or could get involved into anything spy-related. So that makes me think that this "identity" has either to do with an unusual family background Maya knows about or he has been given a new identity at some point and she hasn't known him as Lucas North. Remember that Fiona got a new name after she left her Syrian husband and married Adam.

That sounds quite plausible! Good idea!

Maybe it was MI5 that gave him a new identity when he joined?

(22-07-2010 03:52 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I have not really been following the recent speculation about Lucas but what if Lucas North is dead. Wait. What if Lucas North died in that 1995 explosion in Africa. The real Lucas North's ex turns up in London and finds that someone has taken his identity i.e. OUR Lucas and it all comes out.

Perhaps OUR Lucas has amnesia, also as a result of that explosion in Africa. Perhaps someone set up OUR Lucas as they knew the real Lucas North to be some spy or asset, to try and get a mole into the service.

Or, perhaps Harry switched the real Lucas North, using the explosion as a cover, and gave the wrong Lucas (OUR Lucas with amnesia) to the Russians who thought they had captured a prized asset. The real Lucas North is out there alive. It took Harry 8 years to get OUR Lucas back because he didn't want it to come out. OUR Lucas North is a nobody, and wasn't worth swapping Russian agents for.

Just an idea. Angel

Hmmm intriguing...what explosion in 1995? Is that a possible future plot?

While I can see Harry being practical enough to pull this elaborate scheme off to protect his protege and send a fake Lucas in his place. I always thought he seemed rather fond and protective of our Lucas to suggest this Lucas is a fake.

Hmmm who really knows.Undecided

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 23-07-2010 04:25 PM

(22-07-2010 06:38 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  Hmmm intriguing...what explosion in 1995? Is that a possible future plot?

While I can see Harry being practical enough to pull this elaborate scheme off to protect his protege and send a fake Lucas in his place. I always thought he seemed rather fond and protective of our Lucas to suggest this Lucas is a fake.

Just going way out there with this idea, (what the hell, its all speculation anyway!) but maybe our Lucas is in actuality Graham. We have never met Graham.... Genetics would be involved.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 23-07-2010 05:07 PM

(23-07-2010 04:25 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Just going way out there with this idea, (what the hell, its all speculation anyway!) but maybe our Lucas is in actuality Graham. We have never met Graham.... Genetics would be involved.

Do you mean Graham as in Harry's son Graham? I have previously suggested that Lucas could be Harry's son but not that Lucas is actually Graham. I think Harry wanted Graham off the drugs but to send him to Russia for 8 years to be tortured, seems a little extreme even for Harry !!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tulsky O Zavod - 23-07-2010 10:54 PM

I've seen some pictures of Lucas running away from the explosion unscathed, so I don't think our Lucas would have suffered from any sort of amnesia.
On the BBC site it says Lucas joined MI-5 in 1995, it would be interesting to know at what capacity he was at a when he was visiting the British Embassy in the same year.
If he had recently joined the service I don't think they would be sending him on missions outside the UK so soon. Perhaps he joins just after the scene in Dakar. Lucas may have been recruited there, just like when Adam recruited Jo after she helped MI-5. He could have been a hero and helped prevent the explosion becoming a bigger disaster.

Then again I like the idea of Lucas being a criminal mastermind, being party to the explosion and using it to his own advantage in gaining entry into MI-5.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - tyme4t - 10-08-2010 10:41 AM

I am not sure where to post this question but considering it may involve some speculation I chose this thread....

Is there any word yet on how many episodes Series 9 will have Idea

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Maike - 10-08-2010 10:48 AM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it will be eight episodes again.