Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 28-09-2010 12:38 PM

(28-09-2010 11:13 AM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  A couple of Seasons ago when you got down to it the only mole could have been Malcolm or Connie.

If you think of
Spoiler: show
the ultimate betrayal this Season it can only be Lucas or Ruth. Beth, Dmitri or Tariq would hardly raise any ripples. The fact that they are throwing Lucas' character into question and raising doubts about him almost certainly means it isn't him so that leaves RUTH.

Just one possibility. If the BBC has already decided this is the last Series then it might just be Harry to end the show with a real bang!

I see your point but I just think that if this WAS the last season, we would know already. This would bring in more viewers just like with series 3 of Ashes to Ashes. I think Ruth and Harry will both be in it to the end. Whether they will still be both working in Section D by then, is another matter.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 28-09-2010 04:28 PM

I don't think (she hopes) that this is the last season like Tea Lady I thnk they would totally hype it up if it was....of course there is a chance that the BBC will pull the budget (we are in a recession you know!) but i doubt it. Re the ultimate betrayal could we not of already had that story, as in Nicolas Blake?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 28-09-2010 09:43 PM

Wouldn't it be great if Harry and Ruth could have a spin off and do their Grand Tour, getting embroiled in overseas espionage somewhere of course! May be they could go off and meet up with Tom and Christine and Zoe and whatshisname, and Malcolm in various places around the world.Tongue

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - JHyde - 29-09-2010 08:35 AM

I think the traitor storyline has come and gone. Whatever Lucas has done in his past, he is a man who spent 8 years being tortured by the Russians and not giving up his team or his country. When the chips are down, he will go to Harry. It's just a question of when.

Lucas is honourable. His main flaw is not knowing when he's in over his head. It's two different things.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 29-09-2010 08:39 AM

(29-09-2010 08:35 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I think the traitor storyline has come and gone. Whatever Lucas has done in his past, he is a man who spent 8 years being tortured by the Russians and not giving up his team or his country. When the chips are down, he will go to Harry. It's just a question of when.

Lucas is honourable. His main flaw is not knowing when he's in over his head. It's two different things.

From your mouth to the Spooks writers' ears! God I REALLY REALLY HOPE this is true!

Lucas's unwavering loyalty to Harry and MI5 is the one thing I love most about him, sure he skirts the lines and is flawed, but he is honorable and he is loyal. I don't want to see that ever taken away.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 29-09-2010 10:15 AM

Remember that you HAVE to put the series number in spoiler tags now. You will be warned if you do not.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 29-09-2010 01:24 PM

So we think Lucas' real name is John. Why haven't we been told his surname (unless I have missed this) Is there a reason? What if his surname is also North? What if John was Lucas' twin brother. That may explain why the background checks/photo's didn't pick up on Lucas taking over John's identity at 5 and Lucas staying loyal in the prison in Russia for the sake of his brother. I don't know...just speculating...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Beatriz - 29-09-2010 04:53 PM

Yes, I was thinking the same as Tea Lady here, something simmilar to Mad Men.
Maybe his surname is Pearce, following your first expeculations Big Grin

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 29-09-2010 08:09 PM

Ok, tonights theory is a good one. What if Vaughn is really Lucas North and John borrowed his identity or they swapped? Didn't Vaughn say something like "what's it been like being Lucas North these last 15 years" What if the classified A file for Vaughn actually has Lucas' photo on it.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 29-09-2010 08:38 PM

(29-09-2010 08:09 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  What if the classified A file for Vaughn actually has Lucas' photo on it.

But this would mean Harry has always known everything as I'm sure he is familiar with those classified A files!

What if Lucas was Harry's son who was adopted by Vaughn, because Harry was too young at that time to raise a child?