Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Fidget - 29-09-2010 11:09 PM

Harry isn't old enough surely to be Lucas' Dad

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 30-09-2010 03:02 AM

(29-09-2010 08:38 PM)WhiteSwan Wrote:  But this would mean Harry has always known everything as I'm sure he is familiar with those classified A files!

I think Harry DOES know everything about Lucas. It's just that WE don't (yet).

Speculation only: It seems to has a lot to do with what was seen at the Wadsworth filming
Series 9 Spoiler: show
and that explosion in Africa - either an assassination attempt on a leader (?) or trying to destroy British interests

I think Harry "rescued" Lucas, help him change his identity, sent him to Russia to get clean away from it (and Vaughan), and possibly (even though I don't like the idea) let him languish in prison until the reasons for Africa either "died" or were no longer important.

But it sure is intriguing.

Can't wait for next week.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - lwhite53 - 30-09-2010 03:37 AM

(30-09-2010 03:02 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  
(29-09-2010 08:38 PM)WhiteSwan Wrote:  But this would mean Harry has always known everything as I'm sure he is familiar with those classified A files!

I think Harry DOES know everything about Lucas. It's just that WE don't (yet).

I think Harry "rescued" Lucas, help him change his identity, sent him to Russia to get clean away from it (and Vaughan), and possibly (even though I don't like the idea) let him languish in prison until the reasons for Africa either "died" or were no longer important.

I'm not so sure that Harry does know the full story of Lucas/John. In the coming clips for 9.3
Series 9.3 Spoiler: show
Vaughn asks Lucas if he's "told" Harry Pearce yet and threatens to go to Harry himself if Lucas doesn't help him. That wouldn't be an effective threat if Harry already knew whatever it was that caused John to become Lucas.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 30-09-2010 03:54 AM

I haven't seen those clips yet (been interstate, that's tonight's job) but I see what you mean.

But Vaughan's threat only has to work on LUCAS. So how's this: Harry DOES know about Lucas (still likely) but Lucas is unaware of this so will be likely to fall foul to Vaughan's threat rather than speak to Harry (possible threat of torture to Maya [by Vaughan] thrown in there...groan...)

I can see a great ending: Harry and Lucas aiming pistols at each other (Vaughan's final manipulation of Lucas being to force him to kill Harry) and Harry saying "Lucas, trust me, I know." (fade to black and white)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 30-09-2010 08:49 AM

It wouldn't surprise me that Harry knows that Lucas is not Lucas. We all know that Harry has a soft spot for Lucas and we still have no real idea how he came to be captured by the Russians. Yes, that A level file about Vaughn may well have some information about John/Lucas but Harry of course does not have any idea that Lucas is on to this secret, whatever this secret is, and will not have any idea that Lucas will use his A clearance to look this file up.

I would bet money on it that Harry knows that Lucas is not Lucas.

Perhaps Harry thought he had killed Lucas North (who was Vaughn) and gave his identity to John, who became our Lucas North.

Lucas could also just be an identity that gets passed around to agents that help 5, and things go wrong. Perhaps Vaughn used the Lucas identity in the past himself and had to pass it on to John, who then became our Lucas North as we know him.

I still don't think that our Lucas North is bad though. It's just that he will get himself into one hell of a mess if he doesn't go to Harry soon.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 30-09-2010 10:21 AM

I agree. Harry knows, but I doubt that Lucas knows this, and hence Lucas will go off the radar and end up in one hell of a mess until the final moments of episode 8 - when WE will also know (if we haven't already guessed). Fantastic story line - can't wait to see it in action.

Along with more on H/R, Dmitri (in tight shirts), Beth (so appealling), Tariq (will we ever get some background on him?) etc. How good is Peter Firth this series? Better than ever!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 01-10-2010 05:32 PM

Series 9 Spoiler: show
Phew Tariq is mentioned in the press release for epi 5 so he's still there!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - molecatcher - 01-10-2010 11:20 PM

(30-09-2010 08:49 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I would bet money on it that Harry knows that Lucas is not Lucas.

Perhaps Harry thought he had killed Lucas North (who was Vaughn) and gave his identity to John, who became our Lucas North.

Lucas could also just be an identity that gets passed around to agents that help 5, and things go wrong. Perhaps Vaughn used the Lucas identity in the past himself and had to pass it on to John, who then became our Lucas North as we know him.

Crikey lol, that'll be an episode I'll have to watch several times to figure out who's really who!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Quill - 02-10-2010 09:31 AM

That's a really cool storyline you developed BoHenley. It also fits with the timeline. Lucas has been back for 2 years, after spending 8 years in a Russian prison, so that's 10 years. Vaughn says that 15 years has passed and John/Lucas still looks the same. So, something happened in Africa, with or without Harry's help, but he probably recruited John/Lucas there and helped him changed his identity. He would have spent 5 years as a MI-5 agent, introduced young Tom to the service and then got captured by the Russians. Maybe because of the circumstances of how he got into the service himself, he was led to believe that Harry didn't care to get him back. That's why he told Connie that he blamed Harry for his 8 years in Hell.

And your ending for the season would be very spooks-like... Harry knows it all, but John/Lucas is afraid to fail him and he's manipulated by Vaughn until the bitter end. The question is: Will he survive the showdown?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 02-10-2010 11:26 AM

Thanks, Quill. But then again, it is Spooks - so who knows!

I do think the final scene will be the Harry-Lucas confrontation. The series (so far) seems to be gearing up that way, and interviews with RA have said similar. Harry MUST survive, simply because the producers know the fans will never accept otherwise, plus he's a great character (etc). I'm hoping Lucas will get a reprieve, but that may not be resolved until the next series. What a cliff-hanger!

And yes, I AM assuming there will be Spooks 10, given the quality of this series so far.