Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 02-10-2010 11:49 AM

(02-10-2010 11:26 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Thanks, Quill. But then again, it is Spooks - so who knows!

I do think the final scene will be the Harry-Lucas confrontation. The series (so far) seems to be gearing up that way, and interviews with RA have said similar. Harry MUST survive, simply because the producers know the fans will never accept otherwise, plus he's a great character (etc). I'm hoping Lucas will get a reprieve, but that may not be resolved until the next series. What a cliff-hanger!

And yes, I AM assuming there will be Spooks 10, given the quality of this series so far.

One can only hope that the final Lucas/Harry confrontation will lead to them finally restoring their trust in one another. I don't want Lucas or Harry dying, I want them both to live and show the strength in their bond/relationship. They have already shown that they would risk a lot for each other, so why not have them finally trust each other.

I want hugs and happy ending for once! I've had enough of crying at season/series finales!!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 02-10-2010 04:20 PM

But if Harry knows all about what happened in the past to turn "John" into Lucas, why hasn't Lucas already gone to him to tell him that Vaughn is back? I'm not sure Harry knows anything.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 02-10-2010 04:38 PM

(02-10-2010 04:20 PM)Silktie Wrote:  But if Harry knows all about what happened in the past to turn "John" into Lucas, why hasn't Lucas already gone to him to tell him that Vaughn is back? I'm not sure Harry knows anything.

Maybe Harry only knows some things, not all of them, although I have to wonder why Vaughn's files are Class A and what Harry knows of it since it is such high clearance.

In the end though, I really don't care what happens as long as I have a happy ending filled with Lucas/Harry hugs! I think I deserve that after all the heart-attacks they have put me through....Silba

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 02-10-2010 09:51 PM

(02-10-2010 04:20 PM)Silktie Wrote:  But if Harry knows all about what happened in the past to turn "John" into Lucas, why hasn't Lucas already gone to him to tell him that Vaughn is back? I'm not sure Harry knows anything.

Vaughn seems to know who Harry is though for sure and there is a record at 5 for Vaughn. Harry must know Vaughn or who ever Vaughn was 15 years ago, surely.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - I Want Jo Back - 04-10-2010 03:04 PM

I think Vaughn may have been in Harrys position before he had a stroke and sent Lucas to Africa which is why he had his suitcase. John was the name given to Lucas as his Legend for the job he was given

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 10-10-2010 08:24 AM

Speculation: Vaughn "does something bad" to Maya in Episode 7, tells Lucas that Harry was responsible to get revenge on Harry (of course, Harry wasn't responsible), Lucas is enraged and faces off against Harry in the cliffhanger.

I think Vaughn has links to Harry (maybe a former MI5 agent?) and hence the Class A file. The suitcase is significant, obviously something to do with 1995 because even one look at it made Lucas "wilt."

Too simple, I know, but hey, it's fun guessing.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 10-10-2010 11:41 AM

I think he would have a hard time convincing Lucas that Harry was responsible for something like that. Harry would have to find out who she is first.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 10-10-2010 03:37 PM

This is from The Daily Mail's TV Guide for the coming week. I'm going to put it in spoilers but really it's only a teaser.

Series 9.4 Spoiler: show
Last week, it was a deadly chemical weapon; this week - yes, it's another bomb, as Section D's suspicions are aroused when a Chinese trio with 'connections' arrive in London for a whistle-stop tour. Meanwhile, Lucas's secret life is threatening to overtake the one he has spent 15 years cultivating, and Ruth starts to wonder what he's up to...

Interesting bit at the end, don't you think?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - watchstrap - 10-10-2010 04:02 PM

Mmmm, interesting. Oh please not
Series series9.4 Spoiler: show
Ruth going off on one of her own ops and failing to tell Harry. We all know what happened last time in 5.5! Ruth stop now, that's not in your job description lovie!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - SPOOK91 - 10-10-2010 04:24 PM

That excerpt is definately very interesting.

Series 9.4 Spoiler: show
Yes I too hope she doesn't go off radar, I don't think Lucas is the type to hurt her but who knows! It would banish all hope of Harry helping him that's for sure. She really shouldn't be allowed out on her own! But given the frosty relationship between Ruth and Harry at the moment I can see her doing something of her own accord, especially given her new found strength and not telling him everything.