Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 10-10-2010 07:37 PM

(10-10-2010 11:41 AM)Nitrus Wrote:  I think he would have a hard time convincing Lucas that Harry was responsible for something like that.

Not if Vaughan kills her. Lucas is always on a knife-edge, and it might be enough to make him tip. And I think Harry knows who Maya is.

Still it's only speculation! I'm looking forward to Ruth on one of her outings.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 11-10-2010 01:35 PM

Why doesn't Lucas just kill Vaughan, he clearly doesn't like him ? I'm sure he's smart enough not to get caught, and it would solve his problems.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 11-10-2010 01:39 PM

(11-10-2010 01:35 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Why doesn't Lucas just kill Vaughan, he clearly doesn't like him ?

I'm shocked you think Lucas is the kind of person who would kill someone just because they didn't like them.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 11-10-2010 01:46 PM

I think Lucas can be a cold-hearted killer if needed, he couldn't do the job he does otherwise.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 15-10-2010 02:20 AM

Series 9.5 Spoiler: show
I just saw the Episode 5 promo, is it Lucas who's being choked at the end of that clip? Or is it Lucas choking someone else? Because those baby blues sure seem to look like Lucas's!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 15-10-2010 01:16 PM

Series 9.5 Spoiler: show
I agree BravoNine, it definitely looks like Lucas, although I'm sure he can beat one attacker.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 15-10-2010 11:13 PM

Whether Lucas is a traitor or not, or whether he dies or not, I don't think this will be any easier for Harry, whom may not always say it, but is definitely very fond of Lucas, I mean, Harry lets Lucas get away with more things he let's any other agent. In his head Harry has a hard time trusting Lucas, but in his heart, he's always held onto Lucas.

And I always remember something Ros once said to Lucas about trusting Harry above all, "Harry sweated blood to get you back, he would rather die than let anything happen to you"

Oh please let me have one happy ending where everyone is happy and survives the series!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 16-10-2010 08:49 PM

(11-10-2010 01:46 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I think Lucas can be a cold-hearted killer if needed, he couldn't do the job he does otherwise.

Yes, that's certainly true, but IMO there is a big difference between killing someone because it's necessary for your job and killing someone out of personal revenge or to gain some personal advantage. Lucas is definitely capable of doing the first, but I think he has far too many moral scruples to do the latter. That's why I'm still convinced he can't be bad and he can't be a traitor. Still, at the moment I'm very frustrated that they make him look like he would betray his country and set up an innocent colleague just to secure a happy life for himself and Maya in the future.

But going back to "speculation":
Spoiler: show
somewhere I read that Malcolm will make an appearance in episode 6. Could it be possible that Lucas contacted him and that Malcom helped him manipulating the stick Lucas then gave to Vaughn? Maybe while he pretended to follow a trail on the underground (which wasn't working)? It's not my idea originally, but I find it quite fascinating! Especially because Malcolm and Lucas seemed to have a better and warmer relationship than Lucas had with Harry in some episodes of Spooks 7.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Quill - 16-10-2010 10:16 PM

Oh, that's a brilliant idea WhiteSwan!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - theeyeshaveit - 17-10-2010 02:02 AM

(11-10-2010 01:46 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I think Lucas can be a cold-hearted killer if needed, he couldn't do the job he does otherwise.

He does seem to have more trouble pulling the trigger when it is just a necessity that has to be done than he does in an immediate life and death, them or us, situation.
(11-10-2010 01:35 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Why doesn't Lucas just kill Vaughan, he clearly doesn't like him ? I'm sure he's smart enough not to get caught, and it would solve his problems.

I have a feeling Vaughn is more than just a personal problem that Lucas can eliminate, that he is connected to other things going on in the series.

The very first thing that would be unbelievable to me would be for it to turn out that Harry does not know all about John and Vaughn.