Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 30-10-2010 03:47 PM

(30-10-2010 01:18 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  It's the gardener!!! Or the cook! Or the butler!! It's always one of those!

I'm sure the writers are reveling in our torment and confusion!Dodgy

...Or Scarlet the dog with the marrow bone, in the kennel ?? Wink

(30-10-2010 03:13 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Unless the interview was done before season 9 started showing, which is the impression I get, seeing what he says about Ros' death. Surely if it were after the first few episodes aired, he would have been more specific about that.

Before the season started, the Lucas thing would certainly qualify as "unexpected".

I think that interview is a rehash of a pre-season interview. I am sure I have seen bits of this before. Don't forget, someone made a major error with the title of the article, so I wouldn't read anything into the text meaning.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - femaleBertieWooster - 30-10-2010 06:13 PM

(30-10-2010 03:47 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(30-10-2010 01:18 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  It's the gardener!!! Or the cook! Or the butler!! It's always one of those!

I'm sure the writers are reveling in our torment and confusion!Dodgy

...Or Scarlet the dog with the marrow bone, in the kennel ?? Wink

I resemble those remarks! Thcussing

yorkshiretyke, could you mail me a slice or two of cake?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - pfgirl1980 - 31-10-2010 02:22 PM

I've been watching the last six episodes again and something struck me as been a little strange.. If the Albany file was such a top secret file would Lucas really have been able to access it using Stephen's name and password? There have been other top secret files which have been needed during other plots and Harry has always had to access them due to his rank and level status?
This got me thinking about Harry's,not so worried,look when Ruth told him about Lucas's strange activity,could Harry already have a feeling about what's going on with Lucas and Vaughn. I'm guessing he didn't know that Lucas had gone for the file because Malcolm goes to see him about it or could Malcolm be in on whatever is going on and he was there to tell Harry that it had 'started'. Why else give Malcolm a fake file to protect if it was to be used in the future as insurance,did Harry know that Lucas would one day go calling for it. My thinking is that the file wasn't just put there recently because Lucas hasn't been back long so why would Harry use his name as one of three who Malcolm was to give it to if there was even another two people on that list?
Also,and a little far out,but as it hasn't been mentioned this series could everything what's going on be the return of 'Nightingale'??
Confused because I am..

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Kirayuki - 31-10-2010 04:45 PM

What i think...

Another way of seeing it is that maybe Malcom was given both the real one and a false one and was told to give the false one to anyne who came looking for it. (So that Harry would know someone was looking for it possibly?) Or maybe he doesn't have the real one at all and the trail would always lead to the false one if someone searched it out.
Maybe Lucas wasn't one of the three names but he said that to re-assure Lucas it was the real deal, giving him enough time to scarper.

There are so many possibilities...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 31-10-2010 05:13 PM

Yes, there are a million possibilities. What if Albany is actually nothing. What if it was something Harry set up years ago to seek out moles in the department. Mis-information was put about, re its contents, making foreign agencies hungry for it. It just so happens that this time Lucas has come looking for it on behalf of X. The problem now is to convince those people blackmailing Lucas, and Lucas, that it's nothing.

If Harry really wanted to keep its contents secret, why put a code in the painting saying it was at Malcolm's house? Why just have no file at Thames House or a fake file? This way, the mole is drawn out into the open and they can see who it is.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - tareqmow - 31-10-2010 05:21 PM

Just returning to what Pfgirl1980 said, would they really bring back a previous "cell" in a new series? It's never happened before, it would be interesting, I must say if they did for instance bring "Nightingale" back though!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 31-10-2010 07:57 PM

(31-10-2010 05:13 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Yes, there are a million possibilities. What if Albany is actually nothing. What if it was something Harry set up years ago to seek out moles in the department. Mis-information was put about, re its contents, making foreign agencies hungry for it. It just so happens that this time Lucas has come looking for it on behalf of X. The problem now is to convince those people blackmailing Lucas, and Lucas, that it's nothing.

If Harry really wanted to keep its contents secret, why put a code in the painting saying it was at Malcolm's house? Why just have no file at Thames House or a fake file? This way, the mole is drawn out into the open and they can see who it is.

Great idea, Tea Lady. Hope it's right. What if it's Harry's trap to catch Vaughan - something he started back in 1995?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Mrs. Jones - 01-11-2010 02:11 AM

I am new here and don't know if anyone had suggested this theory yet...what if Vaughn is working with Harry to expose Lucas as a double agent. If Lucas would have blown off Vaughn and not given him the Albany file he would have proven himself a trusted servant of MI-5. But now by giving into basically everything that Vaughn has asked for, Lucas is digging himself deeper and deeper into a rut of deceit.
Also if Malcom had cleared out of the apartment that Lucas had visited him in earlier--how could Malcom have done this without the aid of the agency?
So then why is Malcom seen as "explaining" to Harry how Lucas came to ask him for the file? Maybe it was a flashback to a conversation that Harry and Lucas had which resulted in the agency clearing out all of Malcom's things.
Also when Malcom called Lucas "John" when speaking to his mother, that was a nice touch...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 01-11-2010 02:26 AM

(01-11-2010 02:11 AM)Mrs. Jones Wrote:  I am new here and don't know if anyone had suggested this theory yet...what if Vaughn is working with Harry to expose Lucas as a double agent. If Lucas would have blown off Vaughn and not given him the Albany file he would have proven himself a trusted servant of MI-5. But now by giving into basically everything that Vaughn has asked for, Lucas is digging himself deeper and deeper into a rut of deceit.
Also if Malcom had cleared out of the apartment that Lucas had visited him in earlier--how could Malcom have done this without the aid of the agency?
So then why is Malcom seen as "explaining" to Harry how Lucas came to ask him for the file? Maybe it was a flashback to a conversation that Harry and Lucas had which resulted in the agency clearing out all of Malcom's things.
Also when Malcom called Lucas "John" when speaking to his mother, that was a nice touch...

A double agent would mean that Lucas had his loyalties to someone else all along (example like the Russians or the Chinese) and that he was never loyal to MI5, which would not work because Lucas has been loyal right up until Vaughn appeared with the whole threatening Maya and exposing Lucas's secret, then it would be more of blackmail than actual double agent betrayal like Connie.

Surely Harry would not condone something that could go this far with messing with Lucas's head, that's just way too extreme.

But then again, what Tom had once gone through as part of an "exercise" was pretty extreme too but somehow I think if Harry is using this as an exercise or he knew what was happening all along, then he is letting this go way too far out of control.

(31-10-2010 07:57 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  Great idea, Tea Lady. Hope it's right. What if it's Harry's trap to catch Vaughan - something he started back in 1995?

I hope this is true!!!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Annie - 01-11-2010 02:29 AM

But if Vaughn is a good guy who works with Harry, just to test Lucas, then why is he dragging Maya into it by pretending to be "Michael" and probably having sex with her? That's a bit low for an ally of Harry's methinks.