Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 01-11-2010 07:47 PM

(01-11-2010 02:10 PM)squashyjoshy Wrote:  
Series 9 Spoiler: show
Wylie's tweet 3 hours ago. "Just watched preview DVD of Spooks series nine, episode eight. Richard Armitage's finest hour".

Why do I feel very, very happy for him and yet I suspect this means something very, very bad.

It's my birthday on the 14th of this month. With tonight's episode and the finale in 7 days and 20-few hours, I may not make it.

I think Wylie's tweet says it all. If that doesn't spell out what happens to Lucas, then I don't know what does. I'll put this under spoiler tags
Series 9.8 Spoiler: show
but I still think Lucas will die, my guess now is sacrificing himself to save Harry and/or the team (and hopefully not just for that dopey dame)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 01-11-2010 07:54 PM

(01-11-2010 07:47 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  I think Wylie's tweet says it all. If that doesn't spell out what happens to Lucas, then I don't know what does. I'll put this under spoiler tags
but I still think Lucas will die, my guess now is sacrificing himself to save Harry and/or the team (and hopefully not just for that dopey dame)

I wouldn't mind at all if the story ends that way.

Series speculation Spoiler: show
If Lucas dies because he sacrificed himself to save his team, to protect his people, or even to save Maya(not that I think she deserves it), then I can take that. Because it would mean that Lucas still in the end remained true to who I have known him to be, that he may make terrible choices, he may cross lines, but his loyalty is true and tested, that he will come through for his team. That is one ending that I can accept.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - RedClover - 01-11-2010 07:54 PM

I'm going to test my willpower and not read the commentaries until I watch the ep. tonight. Will see how that goes. Don't know how Lucas will meet his end,
but maybe he gets a chance to redeem himself. Maybe Harry gives him a head start to get away. Don't think he's going to walk into the sunset with Maya(she'll be more than stupid if she does after she finds out everything he has done.)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - theeyeshaveit - 02-11-2010 05:43 AM

(01-11-2010 07:54 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(01-11-2010 07:47 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  I think Wylie's tweet says it all. If that doesn't spell out what happens to Lucas, then I don't know what does. I'll put this under spoiler tags

If Lucas dies because he sacrificed himself to save his team, to protect his people, or even to save Maya(not that I think she deserves it), then I can take that. Because it would mean that Lucas still in the end remained true to who I have known him to be, that he may make terrible choices, he may cross lines, but his loyalty is true and tested, that he will come through for his team. That is one ending that I can accept.

That will be a fake consolation to me and is as disrespectful and cruel as throwing a crumb to a starving baby. That is so much an unoriginal option, it is disappointing on that front too.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 02-11-2010 05:48 AM

(02-11-2010 05:43 AM)theeyeshaveit Wrote:  
(01-11-2010 07:54 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  

That will be a fake consolation to me and is as disrespectful and cruel as throwing a crumb to a starving baby. That is so much an unoriginal option, it is disappointing on that front too.

Maybe it is just a fake consolation, maybe it is unoriginal, and it may be disappointing, but at least I can take in comfort that I didn't just spend two years of my life falling in love with a lie, that I didn't waste all that energy into caring about nothing.

I have to believe that some piece of Lucas is still in there fighting against John, and maybe, just MAYBE he will come through for his team one last time before it all ends.

Honestly, I just want something happy because my heart hurts so bad right now that I feel like I'm gonna just explode.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Quill - 02-11-2010 06:08 AM

I like crumbs. Crumb cake, breadcrumbs, cookie crumbs soaked in rum. I'm cool with that. Silba

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 02-11-2010 06:15 AM

I don't really care if it's crumbs or anything anymore, I just want some comfort!!! I want something happy, and if it means it's unoriginal, I don't care, I just want some happiness for once!!!

Seriously writers, when I said give me a Lucas/Harry storyline, I was talking about hugs, or some dramatic showdown of Harry and Lucas's loyalty to each other, or the boys having a touchy-feely talk about feelings, or more hugs......I didn't say make Lucas into a psychopath and set him loose while Harry's chasing him around London!!!!! THIS is not hugs or happy!!!! Dodgy

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - theeyeshaveit - 02-11-2010 07:07 AM

I am just greedy!

I don't think token redemption is enough to make me feel better, it will feel too much like the consolation prize just to not p* us off completely. I am going to go into denial and pretend it all didn't happen. Since the S8 dvd only goes on sale in Oz this week, I will only have S7 to revisit, whenever things are far enough in the past to face that again. Heaven knows what else there will be next week to deal with as well. Lucas may be the obvious character for the high jump, but is he the only one.

Perhaps one of these is in order. [Image: smiley_huggrouphuggle.gif] Smile

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 02-11-2010 07:36 AM

(02-11-2010 07:07 AM)theeyeshaveit Wrote:  I am just greedy!

I don't think token redemption is enough to make me feel better, it will feel too much like the consolation prize just to not p* us off completely. I am going to go into denial and pretend it all didn't happen. Since the S8 dvd only goes on sale in Oz this week, I will only have S7 to revisit, whenever things are far enough in the past to face that again. Heaven knows what else there will be next week to deal with as well. Lucas may be the obvious character for the high jump, but is he the only one.

Perhaps one of these is in order. [Image: smiley_huggrouphuggle.gif] Smile

I am never suggesting ideas to these crazy writers again! They just do the exact opposite of everything I want them to!!!!

God hopes that the last episode will fix things, I pray and pray and pray that it would.

Because right now I am just so sad and heart-broken, I feel like I've lost a chunk of my heart, like there's a void in my life that used to be Lucas!Undecided

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Kirayuki - 02-11-2010 08:53 AM

Personally, and i will say it again, i actually hope the outcome we get is:

a) he leaves by decommission (not really likely but hey)
or
b) he takes a flying leap. Doubt Harry would be the pusher though. I'd say Dimitri...

I'm betting on the second option.