Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Quill - 04-11-2010 08:59 PM

What if Albany is some secret stolen from the Russians, that interested both British and Chinese services? And what if Lucas was sent to Russia as a decoy while somebody else got hold of Albany? Then the surprising betrayal would be of Harry's making, Lucas finds out and that's why a return to his old life seems so tempting.

Wasn't there a thread about straws here?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Floz - 04-11-2010 09:32 PM

thanks!!!! xxx

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 04-11-2010 11:09 PM

(04-11-2010 12:54 PM)Katja Wrote:  As per Harry on the roof and explaining--I'm wondering if Harry wasn't far more involved in the bombing than just "being on his watch"--something about his doggedness at certain moments has me wondering if he's trying to figure out just how dangerous Lucas could be to him with what he knows. (plus the super-secret protocol with Malcolm and the Albany file...)

I could believe it being vital to cover up British involvement in a bombing incident, rather than Harry on his own. I just wouldn't be able to believe that Harry is corrupt, and he has always been portrayed as loyal to his country.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 04-11-2010 11:36 PM

(04-11-2010 11:09 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
(04-11-2010 12:54 PM)Katja Wrote:  As per Harry on the roof and explaining--I'm wondering if Harry wasn't far more involved in the bombing than just "being on his watch"--something about his doggedness at certain moments has me wondering if he's trying to figure out just how dangerous Lucas could be to him with what he knows. (plus the super-secret protocol with Malcolm and the Albany file...)

I could believe it being vital to cover up British involvement in a bombing incident, rather than Harry on his own. I just wouldn't be able to believe that Harry is corrupt, and he has always been portrayed as loyal to his country.

I wouldn't believe that Harry is corrupt either, but with the way these writers are going, especially this Lucas/John thing, I don't see any reason to trust whatever they portray about any character when they can go psycho at any time. The writers have obviously demonstrated that they can overturn 2 years of character material for their purposes, which means any character is fair game.

At this point, I wouldn't trust anything the writers have to show to portray these characters, because clearly NO ONE is trust-worthy anymore.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Katja - 04-11-2010 11:49 PM

(04-11-2010 11:09 PM)Naivety Wrote:  

I wasn't thinking corrupt, exactly, but something more about a good motive that botched in the exicution--not sure exactly what that would look like.

I'm thinking of Vaughn's (supposed) statements about he and John being at the end of a long chain of people who didn't know the other parts. And also Vaughn's mention, when recruiting John, of their work being done to carry out the actions the government doesn't want to admit to but definitely wants done.

Not so different from "Lucas" and Beth killing the Russian agent earlier this season or Harry shooting [the Russian spy chief whose name I've forgotten] in season 7 (also tied to "Lucas").

I'll have to go back when I have a minute and pick out what about the scene made me think of it.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - femaleBertieWooster - 05-11-2010 03:26 AM

New idea, there never was a guy named John. Lucas was always Lucas. Harry sent him to Dakar for something. (Was he the one that proved "unstable?") He didn't kill a guy named Lucas and take his identity.

Only Vaughn, Maya, well and Malcolm (we have no idea what he's up to at this point) have called him John.

Lucas may never even have been in Dakar. The triggers could have been done in Russia. Connie ratted him out. She may have been involved. I also think Harry knows but not sure how or why.

I think White Swan's questions led to this popping into my mind.

Edit to add: I just read back a few pages and Arwyn already suggested that it was done in Russia, also that Lucas really is Lucas.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 05-11-2010 10:48 AM

In the trailer it first shows
Series 9 Spoiler: show
Lucas on the phone to Harry saying that Ruth would be exchanged for Albany but later, in a different phone call Harry asks Lucas what he wants . Why doesn't Lucas still want Albany and why doesn't Harry ask about Ruth?
If Harry
leaves a message for his daughter and not Ruth
is this because Ruth is dead, there is nothing left to say or because Harry thinks that Ruth doesn't love him anymore?

I was really depressed after episode 7 re Harry and Ruth and think one will die in 8. If Harry doesn't die then I think he will resign because he has had too much heartbreak.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 05-11-2010 04:52 PM

From what I can gather in RA's most recent interview that was posted online today, even he does not seem to know his character's fate, at least before he was filming his final scene of the 9th series. He made a mention that his character's fate could very well be left hanging in the balance even into post-production. He even said that his own future with the show has not been decided either, and that it could go either way.

They really are shrouding this Lucas storyline in secrecy.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 05-11-2010 05:03 PM

I still get the feeling the character to leave in 9.8 will be Lucas, even if he lives (Which I hope he does)
After rumours of a 10th series being shot around Feburary next year, RA would be shooting the Hobbit at that time.... not only that, I can't see Lucas getting out of this, even if he lives there'd be no future for him at MI5 any way after his betrayal Sad

I hope neither Ruth or Harry die in the last episode... I really hope they don't, still there's that awful feeling one of them will! I read an interview saying one member of the team was leaving... which one, thats anyones guess
They really ARE keeping this secret Wink
The point made about the different calls made in the trailer, it could be that Lucas either let Ruth go (The line Ruth said 'Could you really kill me' line makes me think he couldn't do it) or she escaped and the scene on the rooftop has nothing to do with Albany anymore, and I think that Harry knows a lot more than he's been saying, there's not a lot of reason for Lucas to kill him other than
Albany and Albany's not mentioned in the second call Wink

Ahhh I'd love to think that Lucas is really Lucas... but after episode 7... *shakes head* Sad

(05-11-2010 10:48 AM)harrbd Wrote:  In the trailer it first shows
Lucas on the phone to Harry saying that Ruth would be exchanged for Albany but later, in a different phone call Harry asks Lucas what he wants . Why doesn't Lucas still want Albany and why doesn't Harry ask about Ruth?
If Harry
leaves a message for his daughter and not Ruth
is this because Ruth is dead, there is nothing left to say or because Harry thinks that Ruth doesn't love him anymore?

I was really depressed after episode 7 re Harry and Ruth and think one will die in 8. If Harry doesn't die then I think he will resign because he has had too much heartbreak.
About
Harry's daughter, maybe he leaves her a message because fears for his own life and its his last chance, he's scared he might not see her again but Ruth is with him with him where he can say whatever he needs to say to her face... or maybe either he has no way of she is like you said maybe dead/he believes she doesn't love him/ or there is nothing left to say

Oh I really hope both of them live, poor Harry though, he's had a lot of heartbreak, If he does leave I'm not sure I could watch Spooks without him Sad

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - George - 05-11-2010 05:21 PM

(05-11-2010 04:52 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  From what I can gather in RA's most recent interview that was posted online today, even he does not seem to know his character's fate, at least before he was filming his final scene of the 9th series. He made a mention that his character's fate could very well be left hanging in the balance even into post-production. He even said that his own future with the show has not been decided either, and that it could go either way.

They really are shrouding this Lucas storyline in secrecy.

Is it today's interview? episode 8 airs in 72 hours and they have to shoot the finale yet (again)? Huh