Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 05-11-2010 05:41 PM

(05-11-2010 05:21 PM)George Wrote:  Is it today's interview? episode 8 airs in 72 hours and they have to shoot the finale yet (again)? Huh

Wasn't it said there were 2 alternate endings shot for the end of the series? So there's a possibility thats why he doesn't know the fate, because there's 2 outcomes?
Could one be one where Lucas dies, the other where he lives but still leaves?
Surely they've decided on the ending by now, just not told RA how it ends? Smile That also means if Lucas doesn't die, its possible for him to return!! Big Grin

*finds interview*
Hold on, that interview was last updated on the 5th November 2010? Surely they've SHOT the last scene,
If it was updated a few days ago... maybe the interview was a while back... I don't know, its hard to think they hadn't shot the final scene with days to go? Wink

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - squashyjoshy - 05-11-2010 05:53 PM

*brings calming influence*

That interview was conducted at the time of filming, around May/June. It's a combination of a 5 minute interview and the rest is compiled from clippings. The aspect of the two endings, plus a cliffhanger whose outcome is decided by 10.1 is all understandably dealt with in post production.So I'm afraid the finale is long since a foregone conclusion.

The journo's assumptions are bad enough but they didn't even bother updating the info before they posted it to include the myriad things RA is going to be in between now and 2011. It's just a really poor piece of journalism. I know, I'm a journalist (and I really really hope not as bad as that one!) It also shows how badly it was researched otherwise the hack would have known he was being led a merry dance by RA about SM. Aaaaanyway...

FAR more spoilery - and revelatory - is the preview that has popped up on BBC's spooks page. There's clearly some double-dealing going on somewhere.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 05-11-2010 05:59 PM

(05-11-2010 05:03 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  I can't see Lucas getting out of this, even if he lives there'd be no future for him at MI5 any way after his betrayal Sad

Ros was able to still work at MI5 after her betrayal, becoming Harry's most trusted officer. If Ros can do it, I don't see why Lucas can't.

And for all we know, this could be just one big elaborate plot against the big bad guys or Lucas is being used or manipulated mentally.

There's still plenty of plausible ways that he can't come out of this, it all depends on if the writers wants to go down those routes or they just rather have Lucas as a psychopath evil killer.

I sure hope they give me a damn good explanation when this series ends, or else MI5 will really become the laughing stock of the intelligence community, I mean, really, HOW MANY moles have been caught around here and they never seem to notice? And just HOW did their background check miss so much about Lucas? Are their security about as useful as a block of wood?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 05-11-2010 06:03 PM

that's why I never trust articles like that Wink
Ian Wylie's blog I tend to trust Smile
Just saw that clip...
Series 9 Spoiler: show
Well at that point Ruth is still alive, somehow I don't think the person going down is actually Lucas (yes double dealing), either that or he's not hurt I don't know why I just get that feeling, from seeing the trailer as well I'd make a guess that rooftop scene would take place later on in the episode, probably towards the end because its a showdown, (and maybe another cliffhanger) I'd make a guess the clip was from early on in the episode maybe Wink

Ahh the answers shall come on monday Wink

(05-11-2010 05:59 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  Ros was able to still work at MI5 after her betrayal, becoming Harry's most trusted officer. If Ros can do it, I don't see why Lucas can't.

Thats true, and I still hope he doesn't leave,
But would Lucas want to? If it was a choice between MI5 and Maya surely he'd choose Maya Smile And he's on the run now, even when Beth said he could be helped seems like he doesn't want it, I guess its not so much he COULDN'T work for MI5 again more of that he doesn't want to After seeing the trailer for episode 8, it seems that way Wink
And if Lucas hurt Ruth, I definatly don't think then there'd be any way back for him Wink

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Kirayuki - 05-11-2010 07:07 PM

I don't usually post things twice but here is a screencap of that clip.
(It's also posted in Episode 8 summary thread as it came up there before i found this).

SPOILER WARNING

The screencap:
Series 9.8 Spoiler: show
[Image: notlucasman.jpg]

What it shows:
It's definitely not Lucas.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 05-11-2010 07:36 PM

I guessed it wasn't him stunt double anyone lol nah Wink To capture Lucas it just seems too simple
So now the question is WHERE is Lucas?
And where's he going? Ruth in that clip was still in The Grid, so... he snatches her afterwards?
Thankies for the screencap Big Grin

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Onion Terror - 05-11-2010 08:25 PM

(05-11-2010 04:52 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  From what I can gather in RA's most recent interview that was posted online today, even he does not seem to know his character's fate, at least before he was filming his final scene of the 9th series. He made a mention that his character's fate could very well be left hanging in the balance even into post-production. He even said that his own future with the show has not been decided either, and that it could go either way.

They really are shrouding this Lucas storyline in secrecy.

If you're talking about the same interview I read today (in the Daily Mail), I got the impression the interview itself had been conducted a while ago and they'd simply been waiting until now to run it. It seemed as though RA hadn't even filmed 9.8 at the time of the interview so from that point of view it wasn't that insightful. Having said that I only skim-read it during a tea break that had already gone on a bit too long, so I might not be best qualified to talk about it!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - tareqmow - 05-11-2010 10:01 PM

Yes but the article talks of his "wickedness", surely they wouldn't post that at least before episode 7, so maybe it is a recent article... unless the article has had snippets added to it today?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 06-11-2010 05:48 AM

Surely the rooftop scene is the climax. I think I can guess what happens in the running/street scene.

[After buying a packet of straws]
Lucas could still survive. He could be shot and injured, face trial and sent to gaol for some years - and therefore able to come back. I think with "The Hobbit," it said "filming starts in Feb 2011." That doesn't necessarily mean RA will start filming then, but as the part of Thorin is significant, he'd have to be away from the UK for a while.
[Bo opens another packet of straws]

There is no Spooks without Harry. He may be injured, infirmed, half-mad, sent to middle of the Australian desert, or a traitor (okay, I just made that up), but he's HARRY.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 06-11-2010 12:11 PM

(06-11-2010 05:48 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Surely the rooftop scene is the climax. I think I can guess what happens in the running/street scene.

Spoiler: show
That's what I thought at first but according to Ian Wylie who has seen the final episode when we see what appears to be the end something else is thrown in.

I'm going to predict a brief clip of Ruth meeting the Chinese speaking Mandarin...............