Spooks Forum
Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-861.html)

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - LucasNorthFan - 05-06-2010 10:28 PM

(02-06-2010 03:55 AM)tyme4t Wrote:  We are all going to be bloody mad before this series starts...and they haven't even started the big publicity machines yet...Suicida
Thank goodness we have this -ahem- support group to get us through all the speculating! Thhug

So true. I read this folder, the theories you guys have and begin to panic! Is it Lucas, is it Harry? Suicida
I feel I won't make it until it starts, then I realize you are as anxious as I am, so I feel a little better Blush

In spite of my better judgement...Keep the theories coming!

LNF Smile

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - redCHOCHO - 06-06-2010 02:18 AM

(01-06-2010 10:57 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  
(31-05-2010 11:05 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(31-05-2010 08:02 AM)tyme4t Wrote:  maybe (perish the thought) he is back to read a poem for (gulp) Harry! Sad

If it's a poem for Harry then it blinking well better be a poem for his wedding !!

I doubt if it's Harry. I think RA's interview this week gives a hefty clue who is "departing" (sadly). But wonderful to have Malcolm back. If there is a mole, and going that Lucas "isn't who we thought he was" (see RA's interview again for a further clue), remember that Malcolm worked with Lucas before his betrayal by Connie. Harry may need all the ideas/clues he can get.

Just an idea.

Since I don't see the interviews with RA in the US I have no idea what the hefty clue was. Help...it's killing me not to know! Is the interview online somewhere?

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 06-06-2010 04:29 AM

Apologies Redchocho, here's the link from the UK Sunday Mirror [and spoiler warning]:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/celebs-on-sunday/2010/05/30/richard-armitage-i-was-a-beanpole-with-a-nose-i-hadn-t-grown-into-115875-22287795/

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - redCHOCHO - 06-06-2010 08:43 PM

spoiler

Thanks so much for posting the link. I am so totally bummed about Ros and interested in what RA's character will be up to...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 06-06-2010 09:54 PM

My feeling is that Kudos and the BBC are using the publicity RA has at the moment (because of Strike Back) to make us all speculating like mad. All the actors of Spooks surely must be under a pledge of secrecy and so I can't imagine Richard Armitage walking around giving away important parts of the plot of series 9. He would be in a lot of trouble! They probably told him what to say to create an interest in the new series - and that certainly worked!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - katiealice49 - 06-06-2010 10:05 PM

I'm totally bummed about Ros too. I can't imagine the grid (or the show for that matter) without her.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - redCHOCHO - 07-06-2010 11:37 PM

(06-06-2010 09:54 PM)WhiteSwan Wrote:  My feeling is that Kudos and the BBC are using the publicity RA has at the moment (because of Strike Back) to make us all speculating like mad. All the actors of Spooks surely must be under a pledge of secrecy and so I can't imagine Richard Armitage walking around giving away important parts of the plot of series 9. He would be in a lot of trouble! They probably told him what to say to create an interest in the new series - and that certainly worked!

That is a good point! I often have wondered about all the info he is giving out. I hope he is wrong about Ros!

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 08-06-2010 11:24 AM

I rather think that RA is too honest to lie, so a few snippets are a great way to have us beside ourselves by the time S9 starts.

Mind you, we've yet to see S8 here in Oz...

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 08-06-2010 01:04 PM

I agree, RA has been in Spooks too long to 'accidentally' drop hints about series 9. He has probably been briefed very carefully on what he can say, without outright lying.

RE: Series 9 Rumours & Speculation - WhiteSwan - 08-06-2010 03:22 PM

(08-06-2010 01:04 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I agree, RA has been in Spooks too long to 'accidentally' drop hints about series 9. He has probably been briefed very carefully on what he can say, without outright lying.

Well, we mustn't forget that RA is an actor - and a very good one, too. So it should be easy enough for him to make us believe he's really telling us some secrets about the plot whereas in fact what he is saying is so vague, it could mean anything! And he has repeated the same lines in quite a number of interviews (e.g. "Lucas is not who you thought he was"), almost as if it was something he had learnt by heart.