Spooks Forum
Things I learnt from watching Spooks - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Things I learnt from watching Spooks (/thread-905.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - BravoNine - 17-11-2010 01:25 PM

When stranded on a foreign continent, take a job to bomb your country's embassy, kill your only strangely look-alike friend on that continent for his passport, return home to become a spy, spend 8 years being tortured in prison for self-punishment reasons, and then when your old boss comes back and leaves you with a briefcase of your old stuff, immediately go after your old lover and risk everything for him or her, and when he or she dies, you jump off a building to end your miserable life.

Dodgy Well there ya go, my life is planned out!

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - Silktie - 17-11-2010 01:29 PM

All American computer boffins are young grunge types who did time for hacking into CIA or military secrets.

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - Tea Lady - 17-11-2010 01:42 PM

You can't be any closer to someone, than as work colleagues.

That you can leave laptops in rubbish bins, house keys in old tyres and dangling on string, and not have them nicked or your house broken into.

Do not propose to someone at a funeral.

Check your whisky for poison before you drink it, like the Romans did using slaves.

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - BravoNine - 17-11-2010 01:49 PM

(17-11-2010 01:29 PM)Silktie Wrote:  All American computer boffins are young grunge types who did time for hacking into CIA or military secrets.

LOL that's actually quite realistic, well maybe not "all", but certainly lots of the young tech geniuses that the CIA or the FBI recruits are the ones who hack through important government firewalls or the Pentagon. There's actually quite a few stories about it.Wink

Things I learned from Spooks......the word "Albany" should not be uttered when you are dying from blood-loss....no one will save you after that....Silba

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - HellsBells - 17-11-2010 02:21 PM

MI5 doesn't have very good security procedures when employing new staff, like making sure they are the person they claim to be.

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - BravoNine - 17-11-2010 02:33 PM

Every spy agency in the world has now become a laughing stock because one person managed to mislead all of them on who he really is. And magically only two people in the world knew who he really is. Hmmmmmmm.....Dodgy

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - picard1109 - 17-11-2010 02:35 PM

Ex-girlfriends whom you haven't seen for 20 years will immediately give up everything they've worked for to run off with you, even if you're now covered in bizarre tattoos.

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - Floz - 17-11-2010 06:28 PM

...Never let anyone in to see your real self... even if they have loved you for the last 7 years!

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - Nia M - 17-11-2010 07:14 PM

Gas masks look mighty different to what the ones from the World Wars looked like.
Never trust a house guest who doesn't remove their gloves.
Don't let someone pour you a drink with their back to you.
Comms have been vastly improved lately - they now work underground!
That 'quaffable' and 'quark' are words.
Red suit-/brief-cases are the way to go.
Always make sure there's more than one lift on your floor; you never know when you might need two!

RE: Things I learnt from watching Spooks - BravoNine - 17-11-2010 07:25 PM

Briefcases and suitcases and old photos should be considered hazardous to your mental health because you will start behaving strangely and become a terrorist and a traitor.