Spooks Forum
Ashes to Ashes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Ashes to Ashes (/thread-93.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 17-04-2010 07:42 AM

(16-04-2010 06:38 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Following YFM previous post:
Ian Wylie Wrote:Things to look out for in episode three include:

1. Chains.
2. A flower.
3. One’s Company.
4. Another kiss.
5. A town in Lancashire.
6. 23 02 71
7. More stars.
8. A bell.
9. The Sound of Music.
10. 27677.

Why are we supposed to be looking out for these things? Is it some sort of code? I think the Sound of Music thing may have happened at the end when the music was played over Ray. A bit like last week and Shaz. I still have no idea what is going on though. I do wonder if Ian Wylie has a bit too much time on his hands...

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 17-04-2010 11:43 AM

Oh screw Wylie. He gives me the shits. He's a freaking blogger and not a very good one, frankly.

I think that when that both Ray and Shaz 'heard' Life on Mars it's meant to represent their 'darkness'. What that means for the show, I don't know.

I'm loving the antagonist that is the May character and how we come to feel about him from one episode to the next liking him less and less but Keats has a point. I was never completely satisfied with the Life on Mars ending because Hunt, for all intents and purposes, has a lot of flaws.

Corker of an episode.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 17-04-2010 01:25 PM

(17-04-2010 11:43 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Oh screw Wylie. He gives me the shits.

*spits tea out all over desk* Do I take it you dont like him then JHyde??

Yes it was a very good episode this week. I loved the little montage of clips at the start about the 1983 general election. I remember my parents taking me to hear Michael Foot speak at some rally then. I was only 8. God I was bored senseless !!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 17-04-2010 01:42 PM

Ah I love Ray so much now Smile I was fooled I thought he was being serious Tongue I loved Gene telling him to get his arse of the quattro Tongue

As for the 1983 election I just kept getting snide looks from my Thatcherite parents haha, they think it is all a good thing Confused I wish I lived in the 80s haha. If I could pick any time in entire history to go back to it would be then. Also I can watch this episode again and again and put it down to reserch for my history coursework Big Grin haha

And re: wylie I love his blogs and the Spooks ones Tongue I think they are clues or just odd points in the episode that may hint to something but of course no one knows haha.

And I do love Keats as well, amazing actor and very mysterious too

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 17-04-2010 05:14 PM

I thought those things he lists are clues, but he hasn't watched the whole series so he doesn't know how it ends, maybe it's just a game... dunno...

Ray was my least favourite character of the series, to be honest, but I liked the insight into his life we get in this 3rd episode. I loved when he kissed Alex, it was very nice.

Perhaps the the Life on Mars song represents their darkness, and I also think it has to be with Sam, but Shazz wasn't around when Sam died... Confused As always I'm clueless Tongue

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 22-04-2010 09:14 PM

I totally forgot to say: Chris' crack about Vanessa Redgrave was one of the jokes in either show that made me laugh the hardest, I think.

Gene's, on the other hand, are getting sooooo predictable (like, from fifty feet predictable)! Most of his laughs come from PG's delivery, which is always funny.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 25-04-2010 01:14 PM

No-one has said anything about the new episode but I liked it and noticed our old friend Alrick Riley directed episode 4. We're halfway through the last season!

They're really not shying away from pointing out the bad stuff in Hunt this season are they? I do agree with Keats that one of the things I don't like about Gene is that he is a bad example for people like Chris who are impressionable. That was really sad, watching Chris go and beat the guy up, even if he was a prick.

On other points: EVERYONE has photos of people dressed like Shaz in that final scene, don't they? I swear my mother and some of her sister look like that and my mother may still have a dress like that buried away in a cupboard. The clothes of '83 aren't very flattering though - Keeley is such a gorgeous girl but even she can't pull them off. The sexual tension might have also been re-introduced this episode, both for Chris/Shaz and also Alex/Gene or even Alex/Keats.

No LoM moment with the music. Maybe Shaz and Ray get killed off and Chris doesn't?

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 26-04-2010 04:32 PM

I was thinking the other day, when Shaz got stabbed she saw the clown as well so maybe there is something more to her? I can't think why it was played with Ray too then, maybe something to do with Sam?

I am sad that it is going to be coming to an end soon forever Sad but I am excited cos I want some answers!!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 26-04-2010 04:40 PM

My theory from the end of the second season (and Bea knows this, because I said it at the time) is that I'm wondering if Gene ends up in 2008 (or 2010) with Alex and Molly.

I also have some theories about Shaz as in the final episode of season 1 Alex talks about Shaz being her favourite construct. Perhaps there's some truth to this.

Also, I forgot to say: nice to hear The Stranglers' No More Heroes again. I think it's been played in every season now.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 26-04-2010 05:41 PM

And golden brown (in my head gordon Brown Tongue) in there too Tongue
The music is what makes the show IMO haha