Spooks Forum
Ashes to Ashes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Ashes to Ashes (/thread-93.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 01-05-2010 11:25 AM

(01-05-2010 11:05 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  sorry just trying a few theories, I think it would be safer to stick with Spooks far less complicated

LOL...Not sure about that. I have spent many an evening in years gone by glued to Spooks for 60mins without any idea of what was actually happening. Smile

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 01-05-2010 11:27 AM

OH MY GOD SMASHING EPISODE!!!!

Seriously, I reckon A2A is now the superior show.

The superficial things: FANTASTIC music. Lovecats was my first ever ringtone, Karma Chameleon was supposedly No.1 the day I was born and I adore the Yazoo song it finished with. Those of you who did such things at the time MUST have slow danced to that song.

All good things come from '83, ladies and gents.

And finally (on the superficial front), Keeley's costumes and Shaz's were actually pretty great this episode. And Keeley was fantastic in this episode, as well as looking great. She has grown so much as an actress - she was only in her mid twenties when she did Spooks and has really matured. Not so much with the elocution.

I hate 'Danny Boy' with a passion. Like fingernails on a blackboard hate it. But I actually teared up with Shaz coming out to help Ray. (Ray looks so cute in his velvet tux.)

I didn't like how much Keats was enjoying sending Littern down. No much how bad scumbags are, you shouldn't look that happy about it, especially in front of his colleagues. I think this is meant to be the tipping point of the season - that moment with Alex choosing at the end of the episode.

The thing is, we know Gene to be loyal to a fault. I suspect we'll still get a lot of his faults drummed into us before the end of the season, but ultimately there's something there. This is the first time this season I have believed in Gene wholly.

Gene got the best line in this ep with "Olivia Newton Skelton" which was just so funny it still makes me laugh.

God, I'm just blathering, aren't I? I LOVED this episode. Love this show.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 01-05-2010 11:42 AM

I have to admit that I went straight to the itunes shop this morning and downloaded that Yazoo song. Also KH did look fab. Mr TL did make the comment (several times actually) that she looked very nice in that jumper she was wearing towards the end, with the red lines across it!

In response though I thought Gene looked quite sexy in his black shirt. Angel

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 01-05-2010 11:50 AM

Oh of course! I forgot to mention Gene toasting with his open shirt and the up and down look of contempt he gave Keats. (That was pretty hot actually.) Yeah, Keeley looked great. But she really ACTED this episode - I reckon it's some of her best work yet. I'm a convert to her, as I wasn't crazy about her the first two seasons of Spooks.

PG was great too, but he always is. And at least his Gene jokes this episode weren't quite as predictable as they have been lately.

That Yazoo song was the only one I didn't have from the episode that I wanted. I was downloading it before the episode finished as it is a song I have always wanted and I am really building my danceable music collection at the moment.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 01-05-2010 03:07 PM

Love the Yazoo song Big Grin

I will be really sad when its finished, although I am looking forward to the ending Big Grin It must be the best thing that's been on TV for a looong looong while! (aside from Spooks ofc Tongue)

RE: Ashes to Ashes - CONDOR - 01-05-2010 04:30 PM

I agree guys with most though I have always A) thought Gene to be innocent and B) liked Keeley a lot, but thought that though more glamorous in A to A is far more natural and so more attractive in a strange way in spooks M.M is a lucky guy!!!!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 02-05-2010 07:45 AM

I like that this season they've wanted you to doubt Gene a bit. I think the end of LoM copped out a bit actually on that front.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 05-05-2010 11:14 AM

wow!! I missed a lot!! Thankfully, yesterday, at last!! I was able to watch episodes 4 and 5. Can't believe there's only 3 episodes left.

I also think Gene is a good guy (despite his interrogating methods...), I keep repeating myself while watching that all we are seeing is in Alex's mind, and it is even more confusing for me. I honestly don't have a clue about what's going on...

I like JHyde's theory about Gene being in the present (I hope so :rolleyesSmile

Totally loved "Only you" (#nowplaying Big Grin) and yes, Gene Hunt is sexy!! Angel

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 05-05-2010 12:22 PM

I love that Yazoo song. It's a song I hear sometimes and think 'I love that' and then forget about it and know all the words to without realising.

But now I have downloaded it it so it's all good!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 07-05-2010 10:04 PM

What on earth was going on in episode 6? Totally went over my head. I have no idea what is happening now with Alex or Gene or Jim.