Spooks Forum
Ashes to Ashes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Ashes to Ashes (/thread-93.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ashes to Ashes - picard1109 - 15-05-2010 09:14 PM

Curiouser and curiouser...

Agree that the ANC connection was rather OTT - a rather clumsy plot device. Perhaps it was aimed at the younger audience, to remind them that Nelson Mandela wasn't always getting his garden re-furbished by Alan Titchmarsh!!

Really good bits were Gene/Alex dancing and him kissing her on the forehead; Gene hugging Chris; Chris standing up to Gene.

Stupid bit: Alex leaving Gene in her bedroom...Undecided

Really, really stupidly unbelievable bit: Alex listening to that tw*t Jim Keats! Why on earth is she taking a blind bit of notice of him? Why hasn't she learned, after all this time, to trust Gene? As Gene said in one ep., she has the "common sense of a grain weavel". Probably second only to Ruth Evershed on my 'slap the silly cow' list!!!!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 16-05-2010 05:14 AM

Oh that's so cute it was your parents' wedding song! Did they do a double take when it started playing? It's long too! I still pick Only You over True though.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 17-05-2010 06:28 PM

OK, so now the end of A2A is approaching my sister and I were trying to figure out what on earth has been going on. This is our "guess." There is such a thing as time travel and it's not just in your mind. When Sam Tyler came back from having killed himself in real life, Sam realised he had made a mistake and wanted to live again. The only way to do this was for him to die in this time travelling land. Hence Gene killed him to get him back to real life. Gene realises that Alex is the same as Sam and knows that the only way he can help Alex is to kill her because she is already dead, to get her back to her real life. So Gene has to kill Alex to help her. This is complete conjecture and is probably a load of old **** !!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 17-05-2010 10:51 PM

FINALLY I got to watch this! It's true that the storyline wasn't very good, I think they had the personal developments written and didn't worry too much.
Loved Chris in this episode! He's a grown-up guy, I'm so proud of him.

Had to love all the Alex and Gene scenes, both getting ready for their "date" and the dance part, I nearly cry honestly, he was so cute kissing her forehead... aaawww sooo sweet! How could she possibly walk through that door!!!

Didn't anyone have the need to punch Jimbo in this episode? Not once, several times!!!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 18-05-2010 04:06 AM

Oooh Tea Lady I like that theory!

But I want to see Gene in real time! Gene in 2008/09/10 would be so cool.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 18-05-2010 08:45 AM

(18-05-2010 04:06 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Oooh Tea Lady I like that theory!

But I want to see Gene in real time! Gene in 2008/09/10 would be so cool.

Thinking about it, Gene has shot her before hasnt he? What confuses me is that a lot of things mentioned in series 1 and 2 have just been thrown to one side and forgotton by the writers such as the constant reference to the charles and diana wedding and roses. What was all that about?

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 18-05-2010 08:52 AM

This season has been less about individual plot lines and more about 'what the hell did Gene do?'.

Yeah, as an accident. I don't mind how they tie it up, as long as it's satisfying and they don't do anything outrageously out of character.

My only real concern with what TL suggested is that she's been in the 80s for the better part of 3 years. (I did timeline it, it's close.) Wouldn't Gene have shot her already, were that the case?

I suppose the answer to this is that he likes her. And wants to keep her around.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 18-05-2010 12:37 PM

I don't know if you have seen it but here is the advert for Fridays episode. It is not the advert that was at the end of the last weeks episode. I will put my comments in spoiler tags just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gi7eNwEBlE

Spoiler: show
At the end of this scene, Alex says he's your Guv, I'm not leaving him and Gene is on the floor. Do you think they (Alex and Ray) have a chance to go back to their real lives but that means leaving Gene on his own back in the 80's and Alex wont do it, won't leave him? Oh I don't know. I must stop obsessing about A2A. Smile

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 18-05-2010 02:40 PM

I was going to watch it but I read the first comment in YT and as it said that it had a spoiler in it and the second comment was another person saying: "you shouldn't post that it's too spoilerish" I closed my browser. Now I don't know what to do... I'll try and keep away from spoilers... If I can resist... Tongue

Thanks for the link anyway Tea Lady (and for the spoiler tags) Smile

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 18-05-2010 02:55 PM

(18-05-2010 02:40 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  I was going to watch it but I read the first comment in YT and as it said that it had a spoiler in it and the second comment was another person saying: "you shouldn't post that it's too spoilerish" I closed my browser. Now I don't know what to do... I'll try and keep away from spoilers... If I can resist... Tongue

Thanks for the link anyway Tea Lady (and for the spoiler tags) Smile

I guess you can avoid it Beatriz but I have already seen it twice on BBC1 this week whether I wanted to or not. I do wonder though why people are searching for ashes to ashes trailers on youtube and then when they come across them, write comments like that. Why are they looking for them in the first place? Smile