Spooks Forum
Ashes to Ashes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Ashes to Ashes (/thread-93.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 18-05-2010 07:10 PM

EEEP I must have watched that advert a bazillion times haha can't wait for Fri! I keep pausing it to try and work things out, fruitless of course. But is that Sam? Please let it be Sam!

And I wonder who is in that grave? Gene? Sam? Someone else Ooooeerr I am so excited hahah

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 19-05-2010 07:08 AM

I haven't watched the video but I read what Tea Lady said and that was cool. Only a few days!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 19-05-2010 11:56 AM

I couldn't stop myself in the end (thought that the trailer wouldn't have such a spoiler) Tongue I don't think it is... I loved what Alex said Smile

I didn't see Sam anywhere... Tongue

I'm thinking of a special way to watch this episode, maybe popcorn. I remember watching the last episode of LOM with a good friend of mine with icecream, it was very nice Smile

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 19-05-2010 12:14 PM

(19-05-2010 11:56 AM)Beatriz Wrote:  I couldn't stop myself in the end (thought that the trailer wouldn't have such a spoiler) Tongue I don't think it is... I loved what Alex said Smile

I didn't see Sam anywhere... Tongue

I'm thinking of a special way to watch this episode, maybe popcorn. I remember watching the last episode of LOM with a good friend of mine with icecream, it was very nice Smile

LOL. Knew you wouldnt be able to resist. It is a good trailer and I am very excited now. Sorry Beatriz, do you only have popcorn for special occasion then or is it a homage to the 1980's? I may watch it with cheese and pineapple on sticks. Actually I dont have any pineapple so it may have to be cheese and grapefruit on sticks. Smile

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 19-05-2010 03:33 PM

HAHAHA I don't usually watch a series with popcorn so it would be special for me, Tongue that and a chilly beer could be great, let's say it's a homage Big Grin
ooohh I know what! I'll buy "burmarflash"!! I don't think you had those but they were very popular in the 80s in Spain, there are like ice-lollies, here it is a picture of them.

Can't wait for the finale!!!2 days to go!!! Yahoo

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Nitrus - 19-05-2010 03:37 PM

Yeh they were big over here in the 90s, I used to have them all the time during the summer.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 19-05-2010 04:03 PM

Oh wow! Another reason why I wish I'd been born earlier! They look cool I want one! Hahaha

RE: Ashes to Ashes - picard1109 - 21-05-2010 09:20 PM

They weren't called Burmarflash but they or something similar been around since I was a kid...and that's a very long time ago.

Anyway, shan't spoil it for people who haven't seen the final ep...all was kind of revealed and it's kind of sad. And most of the theories were wrong!

I'll miss the Gene Genie.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 21-05-2010 10:03 PM

Good lord. I will write more tomorrow when everyone has watched it, but I feel really sad. I started crying at 28mins and then again at the end. This is something new for the TL. I really felt sorry for Gene at the end. Why did he deserve that non-life where everyone leaves him? Why didn't Gene get to go to heaven? As I say, will write more tomorrow. It was a great end and one that made sense of it all...I think !

RE: Ashes to Ashes - picard1109 - 22-05-2010 09:46 AM

(21-05-2010 10:03 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Good lord. I will write more tomorrow when everyone has watched it, but I feel really sad. I started crying at 28mins and then again at the end. This is something new for the TL. I really felt sorry for Gene at the end. Why did he deserve that non-life where everyone leaves him? Why didn't Gene get to go to heaven? As I say, will write more tomorrow. It was a great end and one that made sense of it all...I think !

Well, I managed not to cry but 12 hours later I still feel somewhat shocked and sad. And just a little bit empty inside. A mild form of grief for Gene, perhaps?

I still don't understand the point of the Jim Keats character, though and how he added to the plot. If anyone knows the answer to that one, do tell!!