Spooks Forum
Ashes to Ashes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Ashes to Ashes (/thread-93.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ashes to Ashes - picard1109 - 07-04-2010 11:01 PM

I love Gene Hunt! Which is really amazing, because I work in partnerships with police involved and I'm always horrified when I come across a Gene-like dinosaur now. The real difference between fiction and reality, I guess...I want them all to be Sams and Alexes.

Still, the Glenister brothers are rather...[add your own adjective].

I loved that line about Sunderland, too. I must watch it on BBC iPlayer again.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Nitrus - 08-04-2010 01:22 PM

I'd really like to see both of them in A2A. I don't think Phil would suit a role in Spooks, but RG could definitely pull off an Ash Morgan character in A2A.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - picard1109 - 08-04-2010 05:53 PM

I saw Robert being interviewed on one of the morning shows (saw it on YouTube) and he said that he and Phil had dismissed working on each other's shows. If they do something together, it would need to be something new. Or words to that effect...

I really like it when actors play against type - for example, Phil often gets cast as a cop...so it would be more interesting if he played a villian (which he did in "Tuesday" but he wasn't a very nasty villain!). Robert doesn't really have a 'type', though and could pretty much do anything. I particularly like it when he/Ash has to change accents/look - it shows just what a very good actor he is.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 12-04-2010 03:31 PM

Don't you have anything to say about 3.02? Big Grin

Series 3 Ashes to Ashes Spoiler: show
The first clip was HILARIOUS!! I couldn't stop laughing at the sight of Gene Hunt hopping like that, lol!!

Appart from the music (loved Girls just want to have fun Smile), I really liked this episode, loved Shaz, she's really breaking apart. She has always been very enthusiastic and strong. Let's see how she get over it, but I think there is something else that she isn't telling and it is the cause of her sadness...

The scene between Gene and Alex writing his likes and dislikes was really cute Smile

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Nitrus - 12-04-2010 03:35 PM

To be honest, that first scene ruined it a bit for me. It was so awkward and cringe-worthy.

I enjoyed the episode though, very intrigued about the Sam Tyler storyline. Did anyone else here the Life on Mars song playing at one point? Not the theme tune, the actual song.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 12-04-2010 03:51 PM

Yeah I noticed that, I don't understand why though Shaz wasn't in LOM was she?? Hmmm haha

I have been painstakingly looking out for clues haha but I am stilll, as always clueless.. Except for the numbers written on Alex's desk, is that something to do with sam tyler?

And who is the man with the half a face??? I am so intrigued haha this series best live up to all these expectations I am forming. I hope there are no loose ends!
And I LOVED the music video style intro Tongue In the millenium year at my school each class had a decade and mine was the 80s and we acted out that video Tongue
It fits Gene and Alex so well I think Big Grin

And I didn't realise until afterwards that the woman who ran the dating agency was played by PG's wife - now that makes all their scenes hilarious Tongue Especially when she said she pitied the woman married to him haha

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 12-04-2010 05:20 PM

I found it hilarious. It's a direct rip-off of Billy Joel's Uptown Girl film clip. Probably the best use of music in the show since Come On Eileen. Bea and I have a list of song from '83 that have to be worked in, and two of them were in this episode.

I also agree that there's something going on with Shaz which we don't know about yet.

I love where this season is heading. I reckon (and I really hope) that this will be the best season of both shows.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Nitrus - 12-04-2010 05:31 PM

Nah, LoM will always be better than A2A in my eyes.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 12-04-2010 05:48 PM

I was glad they played Video Killed the Radio Star haha I bought it after I read it was on the S3 soundtrack and its been in my head ever since. I can now identify the songs before my mum and dad can I have listened to so much 80s music. The music is what makes is so fantastic IMO Big Grin

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 12-04-2010 06:30 PM

Yeah I love that song too! But it's from '79 not '83.

They used lots of the Clash from '79 in the first two seasons.

Now I'm hangin' out for the Pretenders. You can't talk about the first three years of the 80s without talking about the Pretenders!

From the season 3 soundtrack listing we can expect Herbie Hancock's Rockit and Frankie Goes to Hollywood and the Cure's Lovecats - yeah baby!

I've been digging Ashes more, because I prefer Alex as a character. I was never crazy about Sam as a character and it was a testament to John Simm that he made it work.