Spooks Forum
Ashes to Ashes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Ashes to Ashes (/thread-93.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 12-04-2010 06:38 PM

Oooh has anybody else been looking for the things that Ian Wylie puts on his blog?

this week was:

Quote: Things to look out for in episode two include:

1. A new voiceover.
2. Tools.
3. A photo.
4. More shallow graves.
5. Pens and pencils.
6. A carving.
7. Two bars.
8. Doodles.
9. A shadow.
10. Bitter.
11. The second delivery.
12. Reflections.

I am stumped on most of them haha

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Nitrus - 12-04-2010 06:41 PM

Tools, first scene was in a garage so that makes sense.

Voiceover could be the introduction "My name is Alex Drake..." could've been re-recorded or something.

Photo, could be the one of Sam Tyler, which is fairly key to everything going on in the back of the storyline.

Shallow graves, the murdered girl they found was in a shallow grave.

Carving, well that's the date in Alex's desk, which we don't know anything about.

Dunno about the rest tbh, but I've only seen the episode once.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 12-04-2010 06:44 PM

I was hoping they'd keep the voiceover from the first episode 'your guess is as good as mine' - that was so funny!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 12-04-2010 09:26 PM

It was!! haha

(12-04-2010 03:51 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  And I didn't realise until afterwards that the woman who ran the dating agency was played by PG's wife - now that makes all their scenes hilarious Tongue Especially when she said she pitied the woman married to him haha

I didn't know that!! :O

My guess, bitter has to do with Shazz, and a shadow, hmmm, maybe Sam in Gene's past...

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Nia M - 12-04-2010 09:52 PM

Don't know if you've mentioned it, but with regards to
Spoiler: show
the weather-vane, I paused it and the figure is of a hunched-over beggar with a stick, and it's pointing North-West (ish). Now, I may be mistaken, but isn't Manchester NW of London?

Fabulous second episode though!! Big Grin

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Tea Lady - 13-04-2010 08:36 AM

(12-04-2010 03:51 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  And I didn't realise until afterwards that the woman who ran the dating agency was played by PG's wife - now that makes all their scenes hilarious Tongue Especially when she said she pitied the woman married to him haha

Was it???? Her hair was great.

Yes I was wondering what the LOM music was. They played it over Shaz. Clearly they are trying to tell us that she has something to do with Sam Tyler. I have no idea what though as I usually have no idea what is going on anyway. Loved the opening scene. I had the "pleasure" of watching it with my parents. I was rolling around on the floor laughing while they sat there stone faced and just said who's Gene Hunt.....Grrrrh!!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - JHyde - 13-04-2010 08:40 AM

I suspect the Uptown Girl joke was funnier if you knew what the film clip looked like. Although they didn't actually rip off the funniest part of the clip - the dancing in the last minute or so is worth memorising to use as a bad party trick.

But my sister didn't and she assured me it was hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard at the show since Gene was urging that poor girl on in childbirth with 'Come on Eileen' playing in the background. Classic.

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Nia M - 13-04-2010 11:06 AM

Speaking of references to song/artists, I've always liked Alex's figurative *head-desk* in the scene that goes something like
"New Kids On The Block? Take that, it's the dodgy dealers on East 17."
"Backstreet Boys then?"
"They'll get Busted."
Tongue

RE: Ashes to Ashes - YourFutureMuse - 13-04-2010 03:33 PM

Ah I loved tthat boyband scene Tongue It had me in absolute stitches for the rest of the episode!
As did the Uptown Girl scene, even my Dad who has zero sense of humour had to laugh!

RE: Ashes to Ashes - Beatriz - 16-04-2010 06:38 PM

Following YFM previous post:
Ian Wylie Wrote:Things to look out for in episode three include:

1. Chains.
2. A flower.
3. One’s Company.
4. Another kiss.
5. A town in Lancashire.
6. 23 02 71
7. More stars.
8. A bell.
9. The Sound of Music.