Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episodes 1 & 2 [re-watch]
24-08-2010, 08:55 AM
RE: Episodes 1 & 2 [re-watch]
ohh thats an interesting thought Tea Lady didnt think of that! it would make sense thinking about it.

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2010, 08:29 PM
(18-08-2010 12:15 PM)JHyde Wrote:  My favourite scene is the one with all of them facing off downstairs in that dungeon, it's a terrifically well written scene and the set up for these episodes is outstanding, one of my favourite synopses of the whole show. The conspiracy theorist in me loves it.

That scene makes me giggle for no other reason than it looks like the director said: "Right! Lets make this easy: everyone who has been in an adaptation of a Jane Austen novel to the right, all others to the left!" But that is just because I am hyper aware of it....Blush

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2010, 07:24 AM
HAH! My sister actually said the same thing after she saw that episode for the first time!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
11-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I just watched these episodes for the first time last night. Currently they're my favorite eps of the entire show. The writing, pacing and plot directions of this show are so much better than anything American television has ever come up with. These two eps are a good example of that.
11-06-2011, 07:45 PM
These two episodes are definitely among the best Spooks has ever done. The writing was subtle and the atmosphere they managed to convey back then seemed darker and more sinister. We could do with more of that these days.
22-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Ha! How nice is that; to hear my husbands and mine birthplaces in one scene: Djakarta & Rotterdam! I agree with Naivety about the darker and more sinister remark.