Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 confirmed
03-10-2010, 10:21 PM
RE: Series 10 confirmed
(03-10-2010 10:09 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  To misquote Nitrus: Without Harry, there is no Spooks.

I still remain true to that.

I'm pleased that it appears that Series 10 is a go, I always said it would be because of the two quite-big name actors being brought in.

I've always said that if Spooks ended after 10 series then I would be happy. That's still true too.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
10 years is a damn good run by any standards. Dr Who (Yea!) and the Eastenders (Oi!) aside, is a 10 year run relatively long in the UK? It is a good and healthy run here in the US, but it doesn't feel very unusual to me.

This is mostly a rhetorical question but I wonder if it would have made it to 10 years without Harry? It has always been able to redefine itself with characters coming and going, but that through-line has always been there. Maybe if they had lost him after S2 it would have been OK. But by the end of S3, that character had deeply ensconced itself into the fiber of the show.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Great news, just so long as Harry & Ruth are in it till the end, whenever that is
03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
(03-10-2010 08:16 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  What I did find interesting though was the comment about RA in Ian Wylie's Twitter comment
Series 9 Spoiler: show
'RA might have to wait for his big exit'. If you have read PF's comment in the Radio Times about 'blood on my costume', there PF mentions the ending being redone. I think that two endings were filmed for Series 9, depending on a further series being recommisioned. In one Lucas dies, in the other he doesn't.

What do people think?

Series 10 confirmed!! Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
Fantastic news! And yes, I did pick up on that comment about
Series 9 Spoiler: show
' RA having to wait for his big exit.'

That's interesting about 2 endings being filmed. I'd say that's exactly why they've done it and goes with my thoughts in the "Rumours and Speculations" thread that the end scene of 9 has Lucas and Harry aiming pistols at each other (Lucas being manipulated by Vaughan) and Harry saying something like "Trust me, Lucas, I know."

Can anyone provide that link to PF's Radio Times interview? Sorry, it'll take me ages to trawl through all these forum chat lines.

Harry will survive. Kudos are not stupid, they're well aware of what the fans want. Note how much improved S9 is over S8 already.
04-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Don't care if Lucas survives or not as long as H & R do
04-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Great news! I hope Armitage sticks around for season 10, I do think he's a big part of the renewal. He's certainly a big part of the reason that season 7 rated so well and the show could have very easily been dropped had season 7 been below par.

I don't think Peter's going anywhere.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
04-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Blue Heelers lasted more than 10 seasons - granted its nowhere in the same league as Spooks, but it was Australia's longest running show for ages, even survived after Lisa McCune left (I gave up watching after that thou).

I still think PF will stick around. He made Harry become a bigger character, one the show can't live without.
04-10-2010, 05:56 AM
This is fantastic news. I, for one, hope that for a change ALL the team members survive season 9. Now that would be a shock.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
04-10-2010, 06:04 AM
(04-10-2010 05:37 AM)Obsession Wrote:  Blue Heelers lasted more than 10 seasons - granted its nowhere in the same league as Spooks, but it was Australia's longest running show for ages, even survived after Lisa McCune left (I gave up watching after that thou).

I still think PF will stick around. He made Harry become a bigger character, one the show can't live without.

About 9 seasons too many I thoughtSuicida
04-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Great news that Spooks is to get a tenth series. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!