Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
millitary
19-10-2010, 05:43 PM
millitary
are all the characters in spooks former military personnel ?

"Under Section 7 of the Intelligence Services Act, the Secretary of State can authorize persons to commit acts abroad for which they may not be held liable under British law. By implication, that includes all criminal law relating to the use of lethal force... Despite its protections, the act does not and cannot immunize agents from the law of the foreign lands in which they operate."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: millitary
Ruth certainly isn't former Military, I don't Beth is and I doubt Tariq is. Dunno about Lucas.

I only know that Harry and Dimitri are.

As for former Spooks characters, we don't really know but I doubt any of them are.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Wasn't Tom in the military? or am I just dreaming that....

[Image: t4t-sig-A.jpg]
Thank you TygerBright for my fantastic av & sig!
19-10-2010, 10:13 PM
He was undercover in the military for an episode.... Confused

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-10-2010, 10:36 PM
(19-10-2010 10:13 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  He was undercover in the military for an episode.... Confused

Oh I know that, but somewhere in the corners of my mind, didn't he mention or someone meniton Tom being former military? Or didn't Danny say something about he wouldn't be able to handle it ("he" being Danny and "it" being military) Huh
I think I may have to do a re-watch to settle this for my own peace of mind Wink

[Image: t4t-sig-A.jpg]
Thank you TygerBright for my fantastic av & sig!
20-10-2010, 03:51 PM
i dont know
21-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I think Harry had mentioned that Section Chiefs had to do some training with "special forces" as part of their training, which was why Tom could handle it.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
24-10-2010, 04:50 PM
thanks folks for the replies

"Under Section 7 of the Intelligence Services Act, the Secretary of State can authorize persons to commit acts abroad for which they may not be held liable under British law. By implication, that includes all criminal law relating to the use of lethal force... Despite its protections, the act does not and cannot immunize agents from the law of the foreign lands in which they operate."
24-10-2010, 07:08 PM
(21-10-2010 01:37 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I think Harry had mentioned that Section Chiefs had to do some training with "special forces" as part of their training, which was why Tom could handle it.

I am sure Ros enjoyed it! Smile
25-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Someone with a copy of the Personnel Files could help us out regarding Tom's background and whether he had military training. From Harry's Diary we know that he was recruited at Cambridge in '94 but training while studying is very possible. Although that's admittedly from an Australian perspective where it is reasonably common.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature