Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Helen's Gruesome End...
17-05-2010, 06:43 PM
RE: Helen's Gruesome End...
I still hide behind my hands and cringe when the fryer scene is shown on TV, or I watch it on my DVDs. As I still remembered Lisa Faulkner from her long-term character on 'Holby City' at that time, and didn't know any of the other actors on the show, I was quite horrified when I first watched it...and was even a little bit angry at Kudos for killing off someone I was 'invested' in. But that anger actually made me watch the show more. Hmm, that's a bit strange maybe? But it's definitely how I felt at the time LOL. I was SO mad at them, but that passion (albeit initially a negative one) turned me into a huge fan very quickly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes, I know what you mean. That scene is really hard to watch again. It really doesn't lose it's impact no much how many things I've seen it. Poor Lisa Faulkner didn't do much better in 'Holby City' either !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
26-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Yo're soo right. It'll never lose it's impact.

REMOVED FOR VIOLATING SIG/AV GUIDELINES.
09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I had no 'debriefing' before I saw this. It was as tastefully done as possible, I thought. Shocking, yes... but they didn't much dwell on it. I'm still wonky about eating fries & wondering where the oil's been, but that's just me.
10-09-2010, 04:10 PM
(09-09-2010 10:28 PM)Jonnobaas_sea Wrote:  I'm still wonky about eating fries & wondering where the oil's been, but that's just me.

Yuck -- did you really have to go there?Silba

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
10-09-2010, 04:19 PM
The thing about Helen's death that made it so gruesome was that we never actually see it happen, and it's left down to our imaginations to picture it... *shudders*

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2010, 05:54 PM
you hear it not see it really dont we and thats bad enough. it is certainly something i remember well the only thing i remember about that charactor

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
10-09-2010, 05:58 PM
The thing I don't want to remember about her was when she tried it on with Tom Undecided

As a Spooks death goes, it's quite a way to go. (Yeah I know, morbid thought and all, and she was only in it for two episodes, but first Grid death of all 9 series (possibly first ever death of the show, but I'd have to check that), and one that set up the show as 'no-one is safe' and brought a lot of people to watch it more seriously - not bad for a deep-fat fryer!)

10-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I know it was a horrible concept, but the whole scene was beautifully directed, with the camera cutting away at just the right moments. I haven't actually watched this one for a couple of years, but I can still recall the terror on Tom's face as he lay on the floor waiting for his moment to come. Great acting from everyone, I thought. I've often wondered whether Deborah Stephenson threw her ciggie into the fryer on purpose- I suppose she must have done?

"I love being mysterious"
10-09-2010, 10:02 PM
I think she did - she liked Tom because he was kind to her, and her action provided the opportunity for him to get away